It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Western Society Deliberately Distracting Us From.....Something?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There is a saying that "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" I think that just about sums it up.

As far as secret cabals that want to influence what you do, there probably are, and that they also influence every aspect of society, and have done for centuries, I don't see it as a distraction from something unknown, just a distraction from themselves in their hierarchical position, so often above the law. Just like our politicians so often are.

Here's a case in point today, comedian Jimmy Carr apologising publicly for endeavouring to attempt tax avoidance with an offshore facility, after criticism from our current UK government. The same government that is making that same concession to allow our busted banks to do the same thing. This is humiliating the ordinary guy, while quietly rewarding the corporate crooks. The humbug is obvious.
edit on 21-6-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No I don't think so.

It's a result of the success of Capitalism and in general the people of the US and other Western Democracies. Capitalism has worked so well only a small part of the population is needed to supply our needs, leaving the rest to cater to our wants.

Businesses produce what people want and only what we want. If there is no market for the product or service it fails. It is that simple. We have all this because enough people want it they can realize a profit providing it.

We also have it because we have so much leisure time on our hands because it's so easy to survive and fill needs. When we say we are overworked now it is lying to ourselves as we have had it so easy for so long now, people have forgot what it is like to be without a genuine need.

You have to find your own path and what you like or want. As long as you don't try to force your wants on others that is.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What are they missing? Er I duno all the injustice, killing, murdering, war, suffering, starvation, disease? Most people don't give these things a second thought unfortunately and if they do usually it's just a few bucks donation a month so they feel a bit better.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"They" are always hiding "something" from us. That's the only thing "they" are good at. Hide everything from public view to piss off more people. As long as we are fighting each other, they will make their millions helping fight those wars and at the same time distracting us from the bigger picture while they sweep it all under the rug. What are "they" hiding? Take your pick, and I am willing to bet most of your guesses are right.
edit on 21-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

No I don't think so.

It's a result of the success of Capitalism and in general the people of the US and other Western Democracies. Capitalism has worked so well only a small part of the population is needed to supply our needs, leaving the rest to cater to our wants.

Businesses produce what people want and only what we want. If there is no market for the product or service it fails. It is that simple. We have all this because enough people want it they can realize a profit providing it.

We also have it because we have so much leisure time on our hands because it's so easy to survive and fill needs. When we say we are overworked now it is lying to ourselves as we have had it so easy for so long now, people have forgot what it is like to be without a genuine need.

You have to find your own path and what you like or want. As long as you don't try to force your wants on others that is.

You think capitalism works well when a million or so kids a day die from starvation and disease?

Karma will not be kind to you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join