It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbes::President Obama is the Biggest Government Spender In World History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
article from Forbes
6/14/2012

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

Forbes has published a 3 page article about Obama being the biggest government spender in history !!

The article suggests that Obama & Co. has done this with the goal of transforming the U.S. Government into just exactly what it is becoming.....

The story is long and has lots of data.

The U.S. has never before had a President who thinks so little of the American people that he imagines he can win re-election running on the opposite of reality. But that is the reality of President Obama today.

Waving a planted press commentary, Obama recently claimed on the campaign stump, “federal spending since I took office has risen at the slowest pace of any President in almost 60 years.”

Peggy Noonan aptly summarized in last weekend’s Wall Street Journal the take away by the still holding majority of Americans living in the real world:

“There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration. It became apparent some weeks ago when the President talked on the stump – where else? – about an essay by a fellow who said spending growth [under Obama] is actually lower than that of previous Presidents. This was startling to a lot of people, who looked into it and found the man had left out most spending from 2009, the first year of Mr. Obama’s Presidency. People sneered: The President was deliberately using a misleading argument to paint a false picture! But you know, why would he go out there waiving an article that could immediately be debunked? Maybe because he thought it was true. That’s more alarming, isn’t it, the idea that he knows so little about the effects of his own economic program that he thinks he really is a low spender.”

What this shows most importantly is that the recognition is starting to break through to the general public regarding the President’s rhetorical strategy that I’ve have been calling Calculated Deception. The latter is deliberately using a misleading argument to paint a false picture. That has been a central Obama practice not only throughout his entire presidency, but also as the foundation of his 2008 campaign strategy, and actually throughout his whole career.

Reality is setting in

Hard to argue with the real spending amounts....

How did all that spending "save" America ?

The donkey economic model is a failure.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It didn't , all it did wad delay the titanic sinking . People say well it saved us from a great depression , oh no . All it did was delay that depression into x10 fold .

You can only patch up so many holes before saying to your self you know what this is not working , this ship is going to sink , unless we take it back in for a full repair...

but what do obamanomics do ? More patches , and sadly kicking the can down the road for future generations. Its obvious obama was big spender , but just blame it on bush right . But i suppose people need to sugar coat obama's spending to sleep better at night. I don't blame them . Reality is stranger then fiction.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Man I love your posts!!!!! Always agree with you. But don't be shy to debate with the crazies here on ATS. I hardly ever see you in the middle of debates.

Anyway, what ever happened to that spending rate graph that the huff post was throwing around? Honestly, I am quite surprised that Forbes has published this...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
article from Forbes
6/14/2012

Forbes has published a 3 page article about Obama being the biggest government spender in history !!

The article suggests that Obama & Co. has done this with the goal of transforming the U.S. Government into just exactly what it is becoming.....

The story is long and has lots of data.

The U.S. has never before had a President who thinks so little of the American people that he imagines he can win re-election running on the opposite of reality. But that is the reality of President Obama today.

Waving a planted press commentary, Obama recently claimed on the campaign stump, “federal spending since I took office has risen at the slowest pace of any President in almost 60 years.”

Peggy Noonan aptly summarized in last weekend’s Wall Street Journal the take away by the still holding majority of Americans living in the real world:

“There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration. It became apparent some weeks ago when the President talked on the stump – where else? – about an essay by a fellow who said spending growth [under Obama] is actually lower than that of previous Presidents. This was startling to a lot of people, who looked into it and found the man had left out most spending from 2009, the first year of Mr. Obama’s Presidency. People sneered: The President was deliberately using a misleading argument to paint a false picture! But you know, why would he go out there waiving an article that could immediately be debunked? Maybe because he thought it was true. That’s more alarming, isn’t it, the idea that he knows so little about the effects of his own economic program that he thinks he really is a low spender.”

What this shows most importantly is that the recognition is starting to break through to the general public regarding the President’s rhetorical strategy that I’ve have been calling Calculated Deception. The latter is deliberately using a misleading argument to paint a false picture. That has been a central Obama practice not only throughout his entire presidency, but also as the foundation of his 2008 campaign strategy, and actually throughout his whole career.

Reality is setting in

Hard to argue with the real spending amounts....

The donkey economic model is a failure.

There are too many people here who still love Obama. They don't want to hear it. They will fail to respond because.....they eff#in can't. What would be their excuse? The man who was supposed to change it all, KNOWING what he was getting into, can't do a thing. It's so hard for the people to accept. What exactly was he going to change???????????????????????????????????????? REALLY!?
edit on 18-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yeah he is.

He can run all he wants

He can lie all he wants

The fact remains that we will have over a 21 trillion dollar deficit within the next 4 years no matter who is Potus that is double from when he started from.

They can not spin it any other way.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Man I love your posts!!!!! Always agree with you. But don't be shy to debate with the crazies here on ATS. I hardly ever see you in the middle of debates.

Anyway, what ever happened to that spending rate graph that the huff post was throwing around? Honestly, I am quite surprised that Forbes has published this...

Many of the Obama supporters are running out of ammo.

Obama has been so exposed recently, there aren't many (if any) genuine on topic arguments that make the exposures and facts "wrong enough" to counter with genuine arguments.

The majority of "debates" are usually just attempts at appeasement for the supporters that are still "retainable".
(and even some of those people are falling off a few at a time !)

I'm not sure which HuffPost graphs you are referring to, but this site has many that can be "created".

here are two examples from that site:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

According to those two graphs Obama is just continuing what every president before him did, though he's doing it at a slower rate than the previous president. You can see this in the first graph as government spending levels off rather than steadily rises.

ETA: The numbers for spending in 2009 were signed by Bush, Obama just perpetuated it.
edit on 18-6-2012 by links234 because: Little bit more.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry..It was from his website... So of course total BS!!!!! www.barackobama.com...

But I definitely understand your point about the debates here on ATS. Seeing as you've been here longer than me, I am sure that I will get tired of the pointless debates in another year. I'm not there yet!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

According to those two graphs Obama is just continuing what every president before him did, though he's doing it at a slower rate than the previous president. You can see this in the first graph as government spending levels off rather than steadily rises.

ETA: The numbers for spending in 2009 were signed by Bush, Obama just perpetuated it.
edit on 18-6-2012 by links234 because: Little bit more.

I
at the "slower rate" thing.

Of Course the rate seems "slower". They have maxed-out the limits and gone through the roof.

But it's still much higher compared to the revenue income.

Naturally they have to "slow it down" eventually because there is less demand for the U.S. Treasury debt.

The Federal Reserve itself recently became the largest debtholder I think.

What does THAT tell you ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I'm sorry..It was from his website... So of course total BS!!!!! www.barackobama.com...

But I definitely understand your point about the debates here on ATS. Seeing as you've been here longer than me, I am sure that I will get tired of the pointless debates in another year. I'm not there yet!

Oh That graph

It was a feeble attempt to justify the wild binge spending with less income revenue.

The total spending spree still is a world record with little or no positive results for the majority of Americans.

It's all pigeon splat !!

new topics

top topics

join