It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Father's Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thank you for being there as I took my first breath in this world and beaming with pride as you walked me to the nursery.

Thank you for working 80 hours a week for a few years after that and not complaining just so you could pay off the hospital bills because I had to stay in for so long after I was born. I know it was hard, the hours were long, and you felt that you may never see the light of day from under that debt again. Thank you for loving me enough to still feel that you would do it over again a million more times.

Thank you for sitting through some of the most horrendous plays and musicals that have probably ever been performed and tearing up with pride as I made my first debut to the world as Tree #3. Thank you for not sitting there like it was a dreaded obligation and actually feeling grateful for the chance to see it. I can still see you there. Even at that age, I knew you were one of my biggest fans from that point on.

Thank you for making me wait to date, giving me curfews, and scaring the bejeesus out of some of my dates. I thought I knew it all then. But still...you knew better. You took the time to make sure I wasn't mistreated, that I didn't settle, and that I didn't have that extra 30 foot of rope with which to hang myself permanently out to dry with. You allowed me to make mistakes, and to get hurt, but were wise enough to guide me just enough.

Thank you for putting up with my bad attitudes, my pleas to just be left alone, my demands that you stay out of my life, and the rest of my teenage hell fire years. I always knew you'd be there for me, even if I was too arrogant to know that I needed you there.

Thank you for showing me what I should look for in a husband and being there to stand at my side to give me away. I know you cried because I was leaving. I also know you cried because you were just happy that I was happy. And THAT alone means more to me than you will ever know.

Thank you for just being a Dad.

Happy Father's Day to the rest of the Dad's out there!!! You do have a huge impact on your children's lives regardless if they are girls or boys. They will learn much from you and need just as much from you as they do their mother's. They will cherish every moment you spend with them, even if you think they are hating it at the moment. Enjoy every minute of it!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Picture or it didn't happen!!! You know the rule ...

Just kidding! That's a nice bit of reading.

May all the Fathers around the World know how special they are, not only coz today is a commercialized day ... But because they are amazing every single day ... May we remember how they were and are always there for us and how we should always be there for them when they need us ... We need family values back in our lives ... We need to stop letting life get in the way...

CX

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Nice post.

Got my annual cup of tea in bed this morning....well kind of, i made a cuppa and gave it to the kids in bed lol.

Also got the mandatory "No 1 Dad" socks, a funny card, chocolate that just happens to be the kids favourite (funny that) and they bought me some nice plants for the garden.

Have a great day everyone.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

S&F to you...touching post and wonderful tribute to your Father!

It is something i can relate to as it is everything i have watched my own daughter doing over

the years as she has had to be both 'father' and mother to her own two children.

You are blessed with your Father and i know, he knows he is blessed with you!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Firstly, that was very touching with a nice dash of humour Tree #3!
It brought a tear and a smile to my face.
Such a well-composed tribute that also made me think of my old man. Dads can be quite the character sometimes.

Did you show this post to your father? I think he would enjoy it very much and probably weep buckets.

Big Up Dads! We wubz ya's!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hugs and kisses to my dad. A man who would take on working three jobs just to make sure all four of us kids had one fabulous toy at Christmas, who left chocolate bars in the fridge for us to find in the morning because we never saw him much because he worked all the time, who built me handmade furniture, whohelped me buy my first car and looked after it, and tried in his own unique way to help me travel an easier path through life.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Picture or it didn't happen!!! You know the rule ...

Just kidding! That's a nice bit of reading.

May all the Fathers around the World know how special they are, not only coz today is a commercialized day ... But because they are amazing every single day ... May we remember how they were and are always there for us and how we should always be there for them when they need us ... We need family values back in our lives ... We need to stop letting life get in the way...

But I can't get the pics to upload!!!

They are indeed special every day. I try to let both my parents know that on occasion as we are all getting older and you never know what can happen. Love your post. Family values are definitely getting more rare as time passes it seems and they are way too important to lose.

Originally posted by CX
Nice post.

Got my annual cup of tea in bed this morning....well kind of, i made a cuppa and gave it to the kids in bed lol.

Also got the mandatory "No 1 Dad" socks, a funny card, chocolate that just happens to be the kids favourite (funny that) and they bought me some nice plants for the garden.

Have a great day everyone.

CX.

Your kids have it made!
My dad used to drag me out of the bed by one leg when I wouldn't get up for school. I could either hit the floor or stand up lol.

They get you the "good" chocolate in case you want to share.... just in case you want to share.
We used to do the same to dad and mom!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

S&F to you...touching post and wonderful tribute to your Father!

It is something i can relate to as it is everything i have watched my own daughter doing over

the years as she has had to be both 'father' and mother to her own two children.

You are blessed with your Father and i know, he knows he is blessed with you!

Thank you! Happy Father's Day to you! If she can pull off that feat, then she learned a lot from you. I can tell you are proud and that is awesome!

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Firstly, that was very touching with a nice dash of humour Tree #3!
It brought a tear and a smile to my face.
Such a well-composed tribute that also made me think of my old man. Dads can be quite the character sometimes.

Did you show this post to your father? I think he would enjoy it very much and probably weep buckets.

Big Up Dads! We wubz ya's!

I am glad you enjoyed it. It was tree number 3. Mom stayed up for 2 days sewing my costume...but alas..it was Father's Day!

I write these things in his cards. My mom's too. I usually fill the whole inside and sometimes the back with this stuff. I figure Hallmark is pretty good, but nothing beats memories. I try to dig up at least one old memory that was important to me and let both of them know that I remembered that moment in time.

They seem to enjoy it so I keep doing it. My daughter still hand draws my cards and I love those more than any other thing she could get me.

And I am not sure if he weeps buckets. He never reads it while I am there. Just tells me thanks a few days later in that "Nice day today" way a lot of men have. Tough guy.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
Hugs and kisses to my dad. A man who would take on working three jobs just to make sure all four of us kids had one fabulous toy at Christmas, who left chocolate bars in the fridge for us to find in the morning because we never saw him much because he worked all the time, who built me handmade furniture, whohelped me buy my first car and looked after it, and tried in his own unique way to help me travel an easier path through life.

Happy Father's Day to him indeed!
Those blessed with a good one, are blessed indeed!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Indeed. Life is nothing but a string of moments, some nice, others not so. It is only each other and the things we do to make life better that really matter.

Unfortunately it took me many years to find that out (I'm 41 now) but most of the people in my life then are no longer around. The memories linger.

As for Tough Guy, my Dad had a special cough. He would cough (usually during the sad part of a movie) to mask the sound of emotion and sneakily try to wipe his eyes when he thought no one was looking. Of course, we all knew "The Cough" so he had no hope.

edit on 18/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

top topics

join