It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world really as bad as it seems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Since I started becoming interested in conspiracies and the such ( alway had intrests in space and abstract things) Most of them talk about how bad the world is or that it is much worse than we realise. It's either aliens underground needing our bodies to feed them, save their race, do their slave work, fight their war etc. Then there is the NWO, Illuminati satanist cults and such, Then there is the world is going to end soon, we will all day this way or that way or from some disease or war. And we can't forget there is the antichrist is fixing to come to power and we shall go through revelations. Then there is the lizard aliens enslaving us and there is/was planet X destroying us. Mayan calenders, supossed prophets and all that... So is the world really as bad as it seems? Is there an elite govt secretly wanting us as their slaves for all of eternity, or is this just creative imaginations at work, sure there are corrupt people every where but is that just human nature, and free will?
Or is there something deeper, or has all these thoughts been planted and rooted in our minds because of a few creative minds and it spread? I remember being a kid not worry about anything like that, I'd just look at the sky and smile at night while gazing at the stars. I see the world being worse than the popular american view on it. I don't think the end of days is near, I just think we need to change a lot of things about earth. Wars are pointless people need to let go of hatred that they can't even remember why they hate another people. I wish goverments didn't keep things from their citizens, I wish we were more focused on exploring space. And if infact there is some alien race wanting us as slaves or not wanting us in space I think our goverments should tell us, teach us, train us, equip us to defeat anything that is a threat to the human race. I rather we die fighting then go on living as an ignorant slave. Maybe none of this is true and we are all just having negative wishful thinking...

I know I am ranting, but sometimes I just sit back and wonder about everything and nothing all at once.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Makes me want to believe everything is alright.

Ignorance is bliss like they say, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don`t think the world is as bad as some people make it out to be but I don`t honestly believe its all that great either. The potential for it getting much worse seems very real to me and I think it probably will get much worse. The wars that will present themselves, somepart of a human conspiracy will get its way, terrorist strikes have massive potential for getting worse, and whilst the sars is not IMO a bio weapon there is also the shadow of this kind of attack happening. Add to all of this our rape and pillaging of our beautiful planet and the outlook does not seem sunny.

Seeing the picture of the aurora makes me want to think it will be alright, until reality slams home

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   

"You f**king son of a b**ch. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this." �George W. Bush to writer and editor Al Hunt, in front of his wife and kids, 1988
If we have leaders like this then we are not setting examples.

This place is what you make it. I have traveled many places and still have places I want to see. People refuse to live with each other and that is the result of living in a fantasy world.........it is unbelievable people can force themselves into denial........

I am a realist and accept the fact I will leave this place one day.............FEAR will eat you up.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   

So might as well enjoy it during the flea-speck of time we're here....

While conspiracies and mysteries intrigue me, I try not to let it interfere with my zest for life... In fact, about the only time I'm here, is when I'm at work, because currently, I'm simply not very busy at it....

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I agree G. Just smile, eat good food, relax and let the idiots fight it out. I don't get paid to be a bad guy.

If conspiracies did not exist, why is the word in the dictionary........?

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So it's as Gilgamesh was told "Eat, Drink, Be Merry."

I myself take most conspiracy theories with a grain of salt. I know there could be a hint of truth behind each and everyone but finding that truth is the key. Perhaps under other circumstances, I think a one world government could be good, if we had freedoms and everyone was truly treated equally. People don't want that way, everyone is someone elses victim in one way or another.

top topics

join