It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: Greeks vote in election that could decide fate of euro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Greeks went to the polls on Sunday in an election that could decide whether their heavily indebted country remains in the euro zone or heads for the exit, potentially unleashing shocks that could break up the single currency.

Full article

I'm personally of the belief that the Euro is a blueprint or precursor to the One World currency that TPTB are developing. I highly doubt they are going to let anything get in the way of their plans. The Euro isn't going anywhere.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A LOT of people have been talking about Spain and Italy, it's NOT looking good. Does the situation in Greece relate to the situation in Spain and Italy?

So let me re-affirm again, it is the situation in Italy that you must watch. Not so much Spain but Italy. The Italians are in very serious trouble and the implications of that economy collapsing are immense and the shock waves will reach America soon after. LINK

"The media is owned by the bankers, and controlled by the government. Any more questions?"

"This isn't being reported because the MSM feels their part of the story - members of the elite - RATHER than people reporting on the elite and their crooked choices. The press has delusions of grandeur... they're fools."

"...watch Italy. Forget Spain.....but WATCH Italy. Once they fall, all the dominoes will begin to fall there after." LINK

"Related to this situation is not the situation in Spain, but the dire condition of Italy. If Spain buckles, the European Union will survive. If Italy soon follows, that may prove the Euro’s death blow.

The man calling himself Obama, when most recently told of this potential outcome, was entirely indifferent. This indifference is likely the direct result of his ignorance. So let me re-affirm again, it is the situation in Italy that you must watch. Not so much Spain but Italy.

The Italians are in very serious trouble and the implications of that economy collapsing are immense and the shock waves will reach America soon after. Measures are being taken to avert this crisis, but it is a crisis that stems from decades of fiscal neglect, and the outcome is at this time, entirely unknown to me. If Lagarde pushes but a bit harder, Italy will collapse. LINK

edit on 17-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The difference between Italy,Spain and Greece, is that the first two have an heavy industry were as Greece has a higher Tourist Industry, but as in every Southern European Country, the mentality of the people is totally different to that of Central and Northern European Nations. This is why throughout history now, Southern European Nations dominated Central and Northern European Nations. Perhaps there on their yearly life cycle again warning as they do in today's Greek elections that if they dont do this then they are out. Well, as the people are voting toady and that means its not about bankers but about how may plates can be set on the kitchen table is what has running them scared. This also explains the recent 48hr articles claiming that Greece must and will remain in Europe no matter what, whereas all throughout the month leading upto today's events they were terrorizing Greece's citizens with language that brought the very people believing that they are in a war with central European Nations, namely German allowing Russia to hold consecutive talks with Greece and Cyprus. This alarmed the U.S. and brought Mr. Obama to make recent remarks towards France and Germany in the line of " Get your # together Greece needs and must remain within Europe or else " I just gave you a very brief run down of this month current war and terror talk from Germany towards Greece and U.S.'s response to alleged banking institutions who had another agenda other than that of the U.S. and recent Israeli energy deals between Cyprus and soon to be announced energy deal between Greece and Israel.
edit on 17-6-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I think that Greece will vote for austerity/Euro. They have been subject to much fearmongering about the alternatives. I can understand their choices but I think it's a shame. Greece is now in the front line against the European cabal.
Whatever - and whatever happens to the Euro - the dream of European political union will not be allowed to fail. Some Eurosceptics are crowing that the EU is finished. Far from it. This crisis will in fact be used to bond us together.
If you held a referendum in the UK now, the majority would probably vote to leave. But give it time. IMO there will come a point where we will be told that to stay on the fringes will spell disaster for UK. And - much like what is happening in Greece now - we will be subject to intense pressure. At the same time there will be weasel words about how our sovereignty will be protected. Yeah right.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
nothing to worry...the voting will be regulated in favor of the euro...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

New Democracy (ND) will win the larger popular vote; I predict Greece will keep the Euro for now.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Hard to say about Italy because they are so damn chummy with Germany right now. Italy will be the last port of call.

Regardless of whats going on right now; take note - watch the Presidency of the European Union closely, some one is going to snatch the title and he's the one who will destroy Europe. This will happen between end of this year to early 2014.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

New Democracy (ND) will win the larger popular vote; I predict Greece will keep the Euro for now.

My sources say its 50 / 50 , there is no such indication that New Democracy will win, hence the 50 / 50.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

My sources say its 50 / 50 , there is no such indication that New Democracy will win, hence the 50 / 50.

Actually I believe opinion polls gave them a slight edge.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.phantis.com...
Whatever - nothing will happen that our political overlords don't want to happen.
edit on 17-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Actually I believe opinion polls gave them a slight edge.
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.phantis.com...
Whatever - nothing will happen that our political overlords don't want to happen.

I respect both links, but i am referring to my sources as they have been conducting secret polls that feed political strategists the figures that they in turn interpret and re structure their public image. I cannot go into detail as you can obviously understand its a legal issue if i begin mentioning anything other than what i have. But ill say it again, ND if it wins will win by a slight margin and if they loose the will loose by a slight margin, by margin i am referring to single figure percentage digit. I seen a recent non public poll numbered 50k ppl and the figures were dead lock with a +- of .4% difference.

Even Google has made it clear that "we are watching"

edit on 17-6-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Honestly after voting for 10 years since i was able to at age 18 elections don't really matter anymore.

They are like a reality TV show.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Agent, these elections are how elections for every nation should be, its not what the bankers are and have tried to fool the poeple, well they succeeded for 2.5 years, but this time round the people are truly voting and voting not for what ideology they want but how many plates to set on the kitchen table.

new topics

top topics

join