It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can i tell you something?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
i miss the days when this forum had more posts per day and i could learn things about climate change. now climate change is taboo here. you get run off and chastised for falling for the "conspiracy". but what if the conspiracy is that you've been tricked into falling for the big corporations say in things that it's all okay? corporations who say "eh. it is what it is and we shouldn't have to stop polluting the planet because it can take care of itself" and pay for scientists to back them. they are rolling in profit.

what if the planet is like our body? you can't shove crap in it every day and expect it to continue to work right. it takes care and proper balance. otherwise you are setting yourself up for possible cancers. no? a doc would never recommend for you to smoke, drink, and eat big macs every day. it's not good for you. so why is it okay to do that to the planet?

i think it's not and it really bums me out that people don't seem to care.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

This is so true!
the world is so much like us, i think even more than we might think!
But even the little hurtful things are big impactors on our planet, and people just dont realize it

but I do not want to see our earth get destroyed!, and that is what is happening!, it is on its way to be destroyed, if it keeps at the rate it is now.
we can not have any kind of pollution on our earth as we start in the new age!
And all things or people who are polluting it as we are going into it will end.
We need! to start living without any pollution, even the pollution of the astral atmosphere...
thats from all the negative thoughts and mean thoughts and all the anger that people have.. It is all adding up and it is causing problems even thought it is not something physical, it is something that needs to stop for our earth to go on to the new age!

Those are just my thoughts but i feel like this is true for some reason... Sounds and feels like it is something we should start doing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by willrush

you're new here. this type of thought is in the minority. it wasn't always that way on ATS but now we are the very very small minority. if you speak out about climate change here you get some pretty harsh remarks in opposition.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

You are talking more about the veil between the living and the dead... to use a metaphor. The reason it must exist.

When your a hammer everything looks like a nail. Youll understand when your a hammer too.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Quite agree, pasiphae.

The earth is like a living entity, but is subject to constant change, both natural and man made.

It remains to be seen whether we will be the authors of our own demise on this planet, due to the way we are treating it, or, natural catastrophes will finish us off first, I would'nt want to bet either way. I suspect strife over food and natural resources will have a big part to play in our inevitable extinction.....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I am of the view that climate change is a very serious threat that does need to be taken seriously. The size and complexity of the study is a very difficult one to eliminate all doubt, but the current findings and implications to the status quo does create a lot of fear and concern to the established powers and their ability to maintain their control. As with 9/11, there is another information war going on that is all about control as well. In trying to get to the bottom I look towards the climatologists.

The risk we face by waiting until there is no more doubt is that we will be too far in to turn back as the damage is already upon us.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

it really bums me out that people don't seem to care.

Lack of respect - this I accuse the Human race of.

"When life is taken for not, the balance must be restored..."

So in a sense - you could be stating that a cleansing is in order... For if the majority does not seem to care, then willing change seems doubtful unless acted upon by an outside ~'Force'~

Then will come the cry: " but give us more time, 'we' can get it right, just give 'us' a chance..."

What if uncountable chances have already been given - and the ability to change has not been proven. What if it has already been done. "Change" indicates a new course. Willing change chooses ~ Unwilling change is choosen.

ThatGuy45

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The earth and the universe are alive and when the day comes that the majority of humanity realizes that the world will be a better place. The question is...does everyone figure this out before it is too late?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You have been a member for less than a year and you miss the days when....and then tell someone who is 4 months your junior they are new? LOL kinda funny doncha think?
edit on 15-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

it really bums me out that people don't seem to care

People still care, those of us who aren't controlled by greed and making a profit. Addressing the changing climate means losing money. C'est la vie.

However, I believe the earth is a self-contained biosphere, and therefore self regulating. We'll hit the tipping point soon, and the earth will do what it does, and most of humanity won't survive. The last global catastrophe was about 12,000 years ago. I'd guess we are due for another one soon.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I dont think we are the minority, for thinking that climate change is a real issue, and should not be taken lightly. There are many many people that believe its a real issue. Its the few, that have much more power and control, that sway the masses, and lets face it, most people have that attitude, that if its not hurting them, then who cares. Well i care, especially for future generations, and my baby girls future planet. what will it look like, because a couple of generations to the easy way around there problems.
Now its being pushed by msm that its a natural occurance for earth to change climates, and it may very well be, but I dont think at this pace, and How can you argue that pumping out tons of pollutents isnt going to have a Negative effect on earth and the inhabitants, you would have to be smoking crack, not to think that its going to create more problems, are there any pros to this, I think not.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My personal opinion, and gut instinct tells me it is arrogant to believe we can control the earth.

By that I mean, there is no way our impact on the environment could have significantly generated climate change, to me it's like saying a flea can move a planet (ok not a great analogy, but you get my point).

This doesn't mean that I don't care, it just mean's that I respect nature has more control, than humans.

Sure, we make a mess, and have not always played by the rules, but by the same token, there was a point, where we didn't even know those rules existed, I think we humans, need to give ourselves a break, and stop attaching self over-importance to anything major that may occur.

We really aren't that big in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry OP, really not trying to rain on your thread, just wanted to offer an alternative perspective

edit on 15-6-2012 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

You have been a member for less than a year and you miss the days when....and then tell someone who is 4 months your junior they are new? LOL kinda funny doncha think?

Like many of us, the OP may have had a different ID previously.. like me. Ive actually been here since about 2007. OP is right in a way... back when, climate change.. or rather Global Warming.. was a big topic here. Then when more data came out many added this to the mix and some denied the idea of global warming and backed it up with new info. Then they were labeled "Deniers" and the fight was on.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

G'day willrush, re "but I do not want to see our earth get destroyed!,"

I understand what you're saying, but the earth won't be destroyed, just how we have it now. That may mean that we and many other specie won't be able to live on it, but it will till be here.

But there is a question that has puzzled me for ages and yep, nay sayers believe they know the answer to this but have never given an answer.

How can people say we (the human infection) aren't releasing abundant carbon back into the atmosphere if we are using fossil fuels (in just a couple of hundred years) that have locked away MILLIONS of years of carbon. Also in those fossil fuels, there is also carbon from ALL of the volcanic eruptions during those MILLIONS of years and any other carbon production. So, there it is, heap of carbon from a period of millions of years being released into the atmosphere by us burning fossil fuels. I had to add the volcano bit because without it there, those who wish to bag out my question have closed it down by mentioning the volcano thing. Also, can someone explain that if the oceans are a buffer to collect any extra carbon dioxide, what is going to happen when they cannot absorb any more. Won't that mean that any existing problem will then be MASSIVELY increased in a very short period of time?

Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, it's a bummer getting old and quickly losing concentration on what I am typing

Regards
Steve

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

actually i've been a member for longer than that and i read the site before i was a member. i lost my password and had to make a new account because after multiple tries to recover it i gave up. anyway, i was a member before the date you see on my current profile.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

a flea can't move a planet but many can infest and kill a large dog if nothing is done to stop them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Like many of us, the OP may have had a different ID previously.. like me. Ive actually been here since about 2007. OP is right in a way... back when, climate change.. or rather Global Warming.. was a big topic here. Then when more data came out many added this to the mix and some denied the idea of global warming and backed it up with new info. Then they were labeled "Deniers" and the fight was on.

thank you. yes, i did have a different user name and i was always logged in. then one day i was logged out and had long forgotten my password. i gave up trying to retrieve it and was just an onlooker for a while. then i created a new account. i've been a member for longer than my current profile says.

edit: the whole reason i even became a member in the first place was due to this forum... it's not the same as it was.
edit on 15-6-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
True.
Just and just like humans, what goes in must come out.
The world has to crap once in awhile and when it does,
we die.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You're right - it sucks, but it is what it is.

ATS is unfortunetaly much more a cesspool for political and ignorant groupthink these days than it is for the kind of independent, critical thinking that uncovers the truth behind real conspiracies.

That doesn't have to stop YOU from exploring the real conspiracy behind climate change though
There are a number of excellent resources that truly break open the extensive corporate cover-up taking place in regards to anthropogenic global warming.

Some that I would recommend:

skepticalscience.com - for a great round-up of how scientific arguments are being distorted and misrepresented by "deniers" to further their disinfo agenda.

Peter Hadfield, aka potholer54's, youtube channel on climate change:

Climate Change by potholer54

More info:

How my YouTube channel is converting climate change sceptics

Peter Sinclair, aka greenman3610's, youtube channel on climate change (specifically climate denial disinformation):

Climate Denial Crock of the Week

Also see his website: climatecrocks.com or this related ATS thread:

Great series debunking GW-denial pseudo-science

Some other great videos and documentaries:

The Denial Machine:

Google Video Link

The Billionaire's Tea Party:

Once you become familiar with the most common denier memes, and the names behind the so-called "skeptic" movement (the same ones come up over and over and over again), it's just a matter of looking them up on a place like sourcewatch.org and seeing for yourself all their well documented connections to fossil fuel companies and biased right wing "free market" think tanks.

The science is clear. The agenda is obvious. The planet is in serious trouble, but there are a lot of powerful industrialists and political ideologues who would rather see it burn in the name of profit rather than accept any responsibility for it's future health and sustainability. Don't let ATS' collective failure at denying ignorance stop you from uncovering the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

thank you for those links!!!! you are my favorite person for at least today. i'll check all those out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join