It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR & U.S. Army Chief of Staff: Use Army for Domestic Enforcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) proposes that the U.S. Army be used to plan, command, and carry out (with the help of civilian law enforcement) domestic police missions. So says a story appearing in the May/June issue of the influential organization’s official journal, Foreign Affairs. The article lacks a single reference to the Posse Comitatus Act, which prohibits such actions.

In an article penned by Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army, General Raymond T. Odierno, the CFR would see the Army used to address “challenges in the United States itself” in order to keep the homeland safe from domestic disasters, including terrorist attacks. Odierno writes:

Where appropriate we will also dedicate active-duty forces, especially those with niche skills and equipment, to provide civilian officials with a robust set of reliable and rapid response options.

That’s right. Should the sheriff suspect that a particular citizen in his county poses a threat to security and feels he doesn’t have the proper “skills and equipment” to deal with the situation, he can just call out the U.S. Army and bring a “rapid response” force that is robust enough to eliminate the problem.

The New American

Um... What about Posse Comitatus act?

Sec. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress ; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section and any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment
Wiki

So first of all, the writer of the CFR article is none other than,

By Raymond T. Odierno
, Yes the Army Chief of Staff!! And he is openly talking about using US troops to aid domestic police forces!! CFR article found here: CFR

Does this suprise you?! An NWO group pushing the use of the US military on its own people! Wow... I've heard people talk about this, but this is the real deal. The group advocates the use of the military to help out domestic police forces when it is deemed needed! I think The New American article puts it best,

at’s right. Should the sheriff suspect that a particular citizen in his county poses a threat to security and feels he doesn’t have the proper “skills and equipment” to deal with the situation, he can just call out the U.S. Army and bring a “rapid response” force that is robust enough to eliminate the problem.

Granted, there could be some use of the army IF the situation called for it, but in my opinion it would have to be extreme.. I'm not even sure what kind of situation would be needed. However, doesn't seem to reason that the police are trained to deal with domestic security?
The abuse of this could be extreme! Say the government creates another false flag on US soil, then calls in the military to oppress and control the population under guise that the domestic police service could not handle the situation alone. man oh man... I don;t even know what to say! It would completely violate the Posse Comitatus act, completely unconstitutional!

From Wiki

18 U.S.C. § 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus
Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both

How awesome though would it be to see Obama sitting in a Jail cell for up to 2 years! lol he deserves waaaaaaaay more time than that!

Seems though that it is too late already America... They have already taken away Posse Comitatus.. well at least amended it.. But its for YOUR safety! Take away more of your liberties and freedoms for safety.. again!
Whats that quote again... Benjamin Franklin - "Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security"

In 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008).

On September 26, 2006, President Bush urged Congress to consider revising federal laws so that U.S. armed forces could restore public order and enforce laws in the aftermath of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition.

These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed into law on October 17, 2006.[8]

Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public emergencies." It provided that:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Wiki

P.S., incase you missed it, if you are related to OWS, you are officially a Domestic Terrorist, so you might be expecting a 'visit' from your local friendly Army detachment:
FBI labeling "Occupy Movement" as "Domestic Terrorist"

Thoughts?!

Related Threads:
Posse Comitatus revoked by George Bush - how convenient
Audio: Interview with Army Spokesman about Domestic Deployment
US Domestic Military Deployments

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Thoughts?!

While I do see problems with the use of military force on our citizens, I also see a problem everytime I drive through East St Louis.

I think that the national guard should focus on cleaning up the scum of the streets and break up all of this "gangbanging" nonsense.(that goes for all races)

Instead of sending our boys to a foreign nation to change their lives I see no problem with a few humvees sitting on the corner of troubled areas to enforce peace.

Maybe then someone would think twice before they performed the next drive by and seriously wounding an innocent person.

Something has to be done to curb the idiotic violence that is plaguing our streets because it is obvious that the police forces cannot and in some cases will not handle the situations at hand.

There would be some issues of course, but when you cannot even drive through a neigborhood at night, there is a more serious problem at hand.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Not on our watch!

But if they wanted to do this, they could just as easily dress foreign troops up in US military uniforms and use them to police everyone around. Then of course use the oath breakers too.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Slowly but surely they're going down this path.All the posturing, legislation being passed ( NDAA, Patriot Act, HR347), reports being published about domestic terrorists, extremists, ect makes one believe they are bracing for something on U.S. soil.So, what are they bracing for?And don't tell me they need the military for disaster relief. That's what FEMA is supposed to be for. All of this tells me someone is just itching to have an opportunity to conduct operations on U.S. soil. I don't need to cite sources. These topics have been beaten to death in this community.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
betcha there is a treetay that allows for UN troops to be used in lue of..
I know there is an agreement in the SPP that allows for US Mexican and Canadian troops interchangebly within the security perimeter to "quell insurection"

remember the millions of hollow point rounds the guv ordered last month?
move over police state
the Army jack boot state is coming down
edit on 15-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Why do i see this as some sort of job protection for a load of top brass, the more soldiers there are the more senior officers are needed and the poor grunts at the bottom have to be kept busy so why not just loan em out to the local sheriff and get them deputised and put em to use dealing with the stuff the local police don't want to touch

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It's all falling into place. One brick at a time they are sealing us in. I wonder when the next shot heard round the world will occur. It's absurd to think that even with blackouts, that the word wouldn't spread rapidly. Wish I had more time.

-Drones
-A well supplied Army, National and Foreign at our doors
-Suppressed and Separated general public, emotionally, intellectually, & financially.
-Social Unrest
-Greed
-Resource control
-Cost of Living. Unreasonable.
-Lazy/Disassociated
-A minority leadership with something to gain, and everything to lose.
-Self-Awareness is diagnosed and treated with over the counter drugs.
-System ripe for abuse and no one impeding
-Standing in the doorway

The writing is on the wall. Not to much longer now.
edit on 15-6-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The CFR is one of the think tanks owned by the oligarchy which also owns congress. You just need to look at how America is relating to the rest of the world to see the character behind the CFR, which also pops up a lot when looking into 9/11.

As war in the middle east continues and escalates the risk of more divisions on a global, national and local level are high. The increase and acceptance of vote rigging and manipulation is providing clearer ascension of the oligarchy to replace democracy as the official form of governance. OWS has shown that there are still people who value democratic principles and transparent governance and is such deemed a threat to an unaccountable oligarchy.

The Army already has clear capabilities, rights and responsibilities in terms of natural disasters. It is the man made ones where things start to get tricky.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Is section 1076 still an active section in the Defense Authorization Act or has it since been repealed? I wouldn't assume that it would have been, but it seems to that if it had, we'd have to see more legislation before the CFR could sink it's influential teeth into us.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
betcha there is a treetay that allows for UN troops to be used in lue of..
I know there is an agreement in the SPP that allows for US Mexican and Canadian troops interchangebly within the security perimeter to "quell insurection"

remember the millions of hollow point rounds the guv ordered last month?
move over police state
the Army jack boot state is coming down
edit on 15-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Those hollow points you refer to are .40 cal.

The military doesn't use .40 cal. rounds. I know that many US law enforcement agencies do and probably so do the Canuck and Mexican LEOs.

Personally, I think that there are a lot of places in the US that could use a military presence, but then I have to check myself as I know that would lead to a slippery slope.

However, in the event of a natural disaster, I am firmly an advocate for using the military. They have the manpower, resources and specialties to gain order out of chaos. But in these scenarios, I would say that using the States National Guard first, followed by the Reserves if needed. Using Active Duty troops should be a last resort.

That said, I can see AC troops being used during the first week of any immediate natural calamity as they can respond quicker. It doesn’t take long to get the NG/Reserves prepped, but logistically, they’ll still need at least a week to get their boots on the ground in force to do any good.

Once that happens, the AC guys go home.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What about the elephant in the room? 9/11 was and is the biggest lie ever told, and what's going to happen when the truth comes out? There's way more of us than there are of them, and they are painfully aware of that fact. I can see a time when speaking out against our govt. will label someone 'domestic terrorist', and off they go. If you speak out, off YOU go, until the only ones left are the ones too afraid to speak. This isn't some paranoid rant, because all of Washington knows that the OS about 9/11 is a lie, and they're all skating on very thin ice. They are preparing for the inevitable.

top topics

join