It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koch-Fueled Americans For Prosperity Plans Protest Against ‘Extremist’ Kids Flying Kites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Koch-Fueled Americans For Prosperity Plans Protest Against ‘Extremist’ Kids Flying Kites In Support Of Wind Energy

Americans for Prosperity now sees children flying kites as a major threat to society.

Indeed, I'd put kids flying kites in support of wind energy right up there with a coordinated terrorist attack!

AFP's explaination from their site:

You heard that right! Friday is “Global Wind Day” and environmental extremists throughout New Jersey will be celebrating by flying kites at beaches along the Jersey Shore and calling for more and more of our tax dollars to be used to subsidize their crazy offshore wind pipe dreams!

AFP will be going toe to toe with the environmental extremists to combat their radical agenda and tell the truth about the costs of offshore wind.

(Source)

Here’s how the Sierra Club describes the event in support of Global Wind Day: “We’ll be gathering at a beach near you for a kite-flying rally and celebration of NJ’s offshore wind potential. Bring your family, friends and kites.”

The horror!

In order to combat these “extremist” families and their kite-flying antics, AFP is throwing in all the resources it can — chartering six buses (yes, six) to bring people in from around the state.

(Source)

Are the Koch brothers really this afraid of wind energy? Indeed they are, as documented in an earlier ATS thread:

Memo Reveals Subversive Attack Strategy On Clean Energy

I realize it could affect their profits, but when is enough, enough? We shouldn't be beholden to greedy billionaires, and whether wind energy is the correct solution or not is irrelevent. At least activists are begining to explore other posibilities, and in some circumstances, wind energy will be the correct solution, at least for now.
edit on 14-6-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe because with the current technology all these "wind farms" are just sucking taxpayer money and blowing it into the wind....they are right up there with the wonderful Government motors Volt and poison mercury lightbulbs....a bunch of useless BS.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Maybe because with the current technology all these "wind farms" are just sucking taxpayer money and blowing it into the wind....they are right up there with the wonderful Government motors Volt and poison mercury lightbulbs....a bunch of useless BS.

As I said, wind energy might not always be the solution, but it's the idea of alternative energy sources that must be considered.

I also posted a link that shows how Koch associates have a plan to oppose all forms of alternative energy. Yes, there is an agenda there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
These are the same guys whose money influenced the Wisconsin recall election and there supporting the sheriffs constitutional authority over the federal government. Sheriff don't have constitutional authority, according to the constitution.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

F&S The Koch brothers are lower than pond scum in my book and this recent tactic doesn't surprise me in the least. These guys would protest their own grandmother if it would make them a profit, so why not go after someone else's kids.

How anyone can want energy independence and be against the development of alternative energy sources is completely beyond me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Actually tax payer subsidies to alternative energy are a drop in the ocean when compared to fossil fuel & nuclear energy. Agree with you on the posion lightbulbs after turning my master bedroom into a hazmat zone !

I'm all for solar / wind & geothermal at least that's not polluting the planet, I still can't believe the mess BP made of our beautiful gulf of mexico.... I'm not touching the shrimp or other sea food from there .. not after all the dolphin deaths which having been getting worse year over year...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
maybe if they just went out to try it, they would see wind isn't as harmful as they fear.

But seriously these guys need to go fly a kite!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow... What that tells me is
the possibility of off shore wind energy
is pretty effective, if the oil billionaires
are that upset about it.

The Koch Inheritence Brothers are public enemy #1

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It all makes sense now. My dad must have been a secret environmental extremist that was corrupting me with kite flying as a kid.

Do kids even fly kites anymore? You do have to go outside to fly a kite.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Maybe because with the current technology all these "wind farms" are just sucking taxpayer money and blowing it into the wind...

As I said, wind energy might not always be the solution, but it's the idea of alternative energy sources that must be considered.

I also posted a link that shows how Koch associates have a plan to oppose all forms of alternative energy. Yes, there is an agenda there.

Agenda? Are our memories so lacking that we cannot remember this:

6) Koch Brothers will buy Wisconsin state-owned power plants for pennies on the dollar in closed unsolicitated bids for which there will be no oversight

About a year and a half ago this was brought out.

It's painfully apparent we cannot put all our 'energy eggs in one basket'. Portfolio managers are aware of this and that is why investments are diversified. We need new technologies that are less taxing on the environment (and consumers).

Source: Daily Kos

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The Unions from all across the country put in equal amount of money in that election which the MSM never mentioned...taken from workers dues and kickbacks...thats sinful...at least the Kochs use their own hard earned money.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The Unions from all across the country put in equal amount of money in that election which the MSM never mentioned...taken from workers dues and kickbacks...thats sinful...at least the Kochs use their own hard earned money.

Union money is local money, koch brothers money came from out of state, there is a thread on this already.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Now the question becomes even greater; who will stop criminal and out-of-control government from killing, abusing, violating, robbing, and destroying its own people? Yes, believe it or not, there is an answer to this one. The duty to stop such criminality lies with the county sheriff. The question needs to be posed to each and every sheriff of these United States; will you stand against tyranny? The office of sheriff has a long and noble history. It dates back over a thousand years and originated in England. The sheriff is the only elected law enforcement official in America. He is the last line of defense for his citizens. He is the people's protector. He is the keeper of the peace, he is the guardian of liberty and the protector of rights. A vast majority of sheriffs will agree with all of this until they are asked to apply these principles of protection to federal criminals. Their backpeddling and excuses will be more plentiful than radar tickets and louder than sirens at doughnut time. Most of the unbelievers, who themselves have taken a solemn oath to "uphold and defend" the U S Constitution, will passionately and even apologetically exclaim that they have no authority or jurisdiction to tell federal agents to do anything, let alone stop them from victimizing local citizens. The truth and stark reality is that it's just the opposite; the sheriff has ultimate authority and law enforcement power within his jurisdiction. He is to protect and defend his citizens from all enemies, both "foreign and domestic."

constitutionallawenforcementassoc.blogspot.ca...

States have individual rights and constitutions and sheriffs takes oaths to uphold both state and US constitutions....that IS power given to the states by the constitution. The are the last line of defense against an out of control federal government.

edit on 14-6-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Union money came from all over and amounted to $21 million plus.....public money vs private...so the public funds used for that purpose is sickening....and if you don't like the private funds being used then get a law passed against it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Better yet just wait till outside money pours into your state to determine a local election.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It already does...I live in NY..the most ridiculous, corrupt, sorry excuse for a state next to Cali....put it is none of my business what private citizens do with their private money...that's where you and I differ....the bigger sin is using public and taxpayer money for one side or the other...

Until the laws are changed and lobbying is done away with...the fight continues.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Until the laws are changed and lobbying is done away with...the fight continues.

Yet you support Americans for prosperity that is funded by the billionaire koch brothers??? You either support there actions or not! Google "Koch brothers lobbyist" and tell me this is what America is about...
edit on 14-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I support the rights of private citizens to do what they please with the money they earned...this is America.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I support the rights of private citizens to do what they please with the money they earned...this is America.

So, private citizens should be allowed to do what they please with their money, unless it's lobbying or paying union dues? Make up your mind!
edit on 15-6-2012 by narwahl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So it is children flying the kites, or extremist environmentalists? Which is it? Or extremists bringing their kids for a nice showing.

<<   2 >>

join