It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military drone mistaken for UFO on D.C.’s Capital Beltway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Somebody posted a a camera phone pic a few days ago of a disc on a flat-bed truck...think the guy was from MD but can't find the thread.

Anyway the military is stating that it is a drone & is traveling cross country to Edwards AFB, CA.

UFO DRONE

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I think I saw this pic somewhere else on ATS. Its a cool pic! Although easily mistaken for a saucer-style UFO, I think TPTB have enough sense to ship one of it's UFOs in a more discrete method. Lol

Cheers!
edit on 14-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wonder where they got the exterior design idea from?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Anyway the military is stating that it is a drone & is traveling cross country to Edwards AFB, CA

And they are right , couple of threads on it already , here's one

Military clears up Beltway UFO mystery

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I wonder where they got the exterior design idea from?

I think that's one of the US Navy's drones, right? From what I've read, the design helps it with Carrier operations.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Its all part of the conditioning to make drones look cool and acceptable to have flying overhead in the States..

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

It's the X-47B heading to Pax River NAS for testing. It's going to be the first UAV to be used on a carrier eventually. The shape helps to make it stealthier and probably a little smaller for carrier ops.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
New meaning to UFO - unidentified floating object..... and UCO unidentified carried object...

I saw it on Yahoo, and had good laugh... but again, this way they might stir less attention than if they try to transport it by other means.... much easier to cover up imho...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

It's the X-47B heading to Pax River NAS for testing. It's going to be the first UAV to be used on a carrier eventually. The shape helps to make it stealthier and probably a little smaller for carrier ops.

Cool. I couldn't remember the X designation. Pax River NAS is a cool place. Be interesting to see how well unmanned drones call the ball!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

We'll find out next year, I think it is. They are planning to do taxi-capture tests sometime this year, I believe they have done cat shots already, and sometime next year they are planning to do their first landing and capture test.

Then in 2014 the real fun starts. They are going to do autonomous aerial refueling in 2014. They have successfully simulated refueling, using a Learjet standin, with the X-47B control systems. The pilot flew the Learjet to a one nautical mile distance from an Omega K707, and the autonomous flight system then piloted the aircraft to a position off one wing which is the observation position, to a simulated contact position behind the aircraft, and then to the reform position off the other wing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join