It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since You Hate America So Much. Get It Out Of Your System Here.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, since we can be frank, I will contribute

The thing i dislike the most about Americans is their arrogance. Most of the time its arrogance about the very same things that they complain about.

Second, its their ignorance, their ignorance of what is going on in the rest of the world. America is NOT the world, as many of them seem to believe.

Those two are the major things. Sure there are many many other things that could be nitpicked about, but it comes down to arrogance and ignorance, which is a very bad combination.

I know that I am generalizing here, and not all Americans are like this. However, this is the image that the outside world gets.

vvv

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My problem isn't that I hate your country, usmc. My problem is actually the opposite; that I am obsessed with it to a degree that is deeply unhealthy.

I might as well be honest. I am not American, but I have still come to consider America to be the most important country on the face of the planet. I have spent close to the last two decades of my life studying American history and politics, in various areas.

My obsession with America is not healthy, as mentioned. America is a country which is currently in the process of completely destroying itself. I should not, at least psychologically if not physically speaking, be going down with the ship myself. I live in Australia. I should focus on the fact that I do not live in your country, and be grateful for that.

But I do not. I remain on ATS. I read about Alex Jones. I read about American politics continually.

Your problems are not mine. I do not understand why I care about them to the extent that I do. Several Americans online have questioned why I do; and I can give them no answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

what's wrong with australia?

some of us feel your country gives you much more freedom. is that a fallacy?

australians are cool.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

we are ill-informed about the rest of the world because our media is manipulated by the powers that be. our news is limited to what directly affects the u.s.

we have no control.

we're not all ignorant and arrogant.

visit us some time. we're very helpful and friendly.

welcome in advance.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by petrus4

what's wrong with australia?

some of us feel your country gives you much more freedom. is that a fallacy?

australians are cool.

Thanks, but I wasn't necessarily being critical of my own country. Australia has a lot going for it as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join