It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overall 83 percent of Americans approve of the use of "unmanned, 'drone' aircraft against terrori

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Obviously you are too closed minded to actually read the responses to this bogus poll. Only 1 so far does not have a problem giving up their right to privacy. You obviously are drinking your countries kool-aid. The actuality of it all is we ARE NOT being represented by our government. They are ALL corporate shills.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

(IF APPROVE OF DRONE AIRCRAFT) What if those suspected terrorists are American citizens living in other countries? In that case do you approve or disapprove of the use of drones?

This is the question on the poll.

I think it's possible that most Americans feel that if an American lives in another country and they are a suspected terrorist then they don't deserve the 5th Amendment... I'm not sure if that entirely concludes that Americans don't care if we use drones in our country.

I can tell you that in my political science class the majority of class mates of mine aren't too happy with the idea of drones flying in the U.S. including me!
edit on 14-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

You sure are spreading your hatred of Americans all over the board today aren't you. Are you even reading the responses or are you just stuck on this bogus poll and your idea that every American is in love with our government and foreign policies. Why all the hate. Did an american piss in your cornflakes this morning or something?

Pay no attention to him/her...
obvious troll is trolling.

edit on 14-6-2012 by SolidGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

In truth, your political science class should be planning action against tyranny as should the rest of us. Drones flying over American soil? To protect us from what? Terrorists are not even real, they are protecting us from imaginary "domestic terrorists"?

Nazi Germany right around 1939 seems nostalgic right about now, don't think so......? Well then, you should probably brush up on your history. Once you do, get ready to be afraid.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
the majority of dentists agree flouride is good for you..
it may cause discoloration which can be removed by a dentist
for a modest fee...

the trouble is the government and the 5th estate can just flat out lie to us now
legally

so now everything is as suspect like ron pauls primary results

and we all know
we have met the terrorists and they are us

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Polls tend to ask questions in certain, vague and/or hard-to-understand ways. Remember... the pollsters had all day, week, month, etc to think of how to word the question, whereas the pollee had just a few seconds to answer

I don't believe this figure for a second

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

That's what I say every time I hear about any damn poll....They never asked ME!

They should just stop asking people. Americans are too stupid to even vote for a decent President. I believe people SHOULD have to pass a test to be able to vote. "Oh my rights, my rights."

What about MY right to have a decent President, and you bunch of idiots keep voting for guys that will wreck my future? It's called being responsible with your voting power! End of story! If you only get your information from a damn television, I would strip your voting "rights" away in a heartbeat if I could! You don't need to be misusing your power with your ignorant opinion of who should run the country! ...not that the President runs the country, really, anyway!

Imagine a test that included questions such as this:

The Federal Reserve is a government entity. T F
The Electoral College actually determines the President, anyway. T F
When money is created, debt is created. T F
When money is created, deflation happens, lowering prices. T F
We need a privately owned central bank to adjust our monetary supply. T F

My gosh...
edit on 15-6-2012 by daynight42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Polls tend to ask questions in certain, vague and/or hard-to-understand ways. Remember... the pollsters had all day, week, month, etc to think of how to word the question, whereas the pollee had just a few seconds to answer I don't believe this figure for a second

I completely agree with you.
I had the unfortunate chance to work for a polling firm in the late 90's.
Usually polls or surveys are created for a "client". There is always someone behind all this that the poll will benefit.

Also, the polling question are usually skewed toward the client needs for the poll.
For example,

a typical NEUTRAL question would be formulated like :
What do you think of this [politician] ?
a : good opinion
b: meh
c : bad opinion

POSITIVE skewed question :
Do you think this [politician] is trustworthy ?
a : yes
b : no
c : meh

NEGATIVE skewed question
Do you think this [politician] is un-trustworthy ?
a : yes
b : no
c : meh

The polling questions are usually biased, and the order of the response can also taint your response.
Also, even though there is quality control for the polls (supervisors snooping in phone conversation to see if interviewers were putting the right answers in the system) there is still ways for interviewers to mock-up the answers.

So poll results should always be taken with a large grain of salt.

Also Web polls are the worst, anybody playing with proxy's can vote as many times and any answers they want.
Unreliable.

Always question the polls, and always check who is the client behind the poll. This will give you more answers than the polling results.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SolidGoal

Exactly like this, you mean?

www.imdb.com...
edit on 15-6-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I never saw that movie.
Will definitely check it out.
Thanks.

...and yes, its exactly like that.
edit on 15-6-2012 by SolidGoal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join