It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young people’s belief in God drops sharply: poll

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2012 by someguy0083 because: none

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

so why can't scientist tell us what is moral and immoral? Is raping a child moral? Is picking up a hooker, raping her, and dumping her dead body in a dumpster moral?

Is shooting up a school moral?

Come on scientist, we have so many issues of the day. Can you please come and tell us what to do?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by someguy0083

LOL Sheldrake? That guy is suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance. So no, I have not read any of his books.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Like I said, right and wrong, moral and immoral, are all relative and created in the brain. There is no such thing as objective morality. It depends on what society you live in.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Lies. You don't believe in science. Science is the objectionable fact. Just look into the brain and ask the brain if it's right or not.

is raping a child ok? To you i think you would argue yes because the brain says so. So I guess we should probably get rid of child molestation statutes

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Lol, happy trolling.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Lol, happy trolling.

Ah I see you back down upon application of science. Come on tell us mr. scientist. Does science say raping little children to be moral or immoral?

I mean morality is a chemical process in the brain, just ask the brain and get a response. Not that hard

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083

Originally posted by Miccey
No replies to my questions ehh...

Then stop bitching about belives, faith and religion..
You can belive whatever you want as long as
second party doesnt get involved, hurt or exposed.
But please..!! When ppl tart jappin about 1+1 NOT = 2
then you are doing it wrong..

1+1=2 equals science....What i can see, smell, taste, hear and feel
is real...Thats my faith

Now, if anyone tells me i HAVE to belive in somekind of diety
like God, Jesus, Muhamed or the likes...They will fail...

I'm curious. You state that you only believe in science,and what you can "see, smell, taste, hear and feel."

so does that mean you don't believe in morality, right and wrong, rationality, or other unscientific terms? These aren't scientifically proven. Once cannot see, smell, taste, hear and feel more rational than another person. Such beliefs are retarded.

Do you believe that it's ok for a child to be molested? If yes or no, how would you scientifically prove it?

What you speak of is not religion or belief OR faith.
Thats being a human being.
I dont NEED or HAVE TO have belief or faith to be
human do i...

After som more thoughts on this i came
to the conclusion, I HAVE belief AND faith.
Its based on HUMANISM and SCIENCE.
I have FAITH in the HUMAN KIND and
Albert Einstein is my "Jesus". Im just
sorry HE wont return to "save" us. We
have to work on that part our selfs.

And i BELIVE that science is the way
to create and pave the way for all of us.

Hmmm..I might just start a CHURCH
and demand funds from my gmnt so
my peish can florish....

edit on 2012/6/26 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Yes. When people bandy the term 'God' around what do they mean? I think a major problem is that many folk get religion mixed up with 'God'. In reality, to deny 'God' is to deny one's self, since we are God, that is to say a certain level of our being together with all other life forms is God, therefore God is not some mysterious being/force outside of us but is actually a integral part of each of us and all living things. I suppose in a way God is the force of 'Nature'
The inability to understand or realise this give rise to the common scenario where people blame 'God' for this and blame 'God' for that. We, as an aggregate of living beings on this planet are responsible for what goes down here.

People also need to understand the paradigm of the universe, which is mental in nature, and not material- that's to say that material/matter as we suppose it, is a product of mind. You cannot prove it to be otherwise.

Iam67

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Like I said, right and wrong, moral and immoral, are all relative and created in the brain. There is no such thing as objective morality. It depends on what society you live in.

Er, do as you would be done by.....? I think that's a clue.

Iam67

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join