It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless claims rise for week ending June 9, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
story from Yahoo
CNNMoney

Jobless claims on the rise

Opps again !!

Jobless claims have gone up last week.

386,000 people filed new jobless claims. 6000 higher from the previous week.
11000 more than "expected". Which means "They" were expecting a decrease.

Big trouble.

The number of Americans filing for first-time unemployment benefits climbed last week, indicating continued trouble for the labor market.

The Labor Department reported Thursday that 386,000 people filed new jobless claims in the week ended June 9, up 6,000 from the previous week's revised figure.

That was 11,000 more than expected. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com had forecast 375,000 people would file new claims.

Initial claims are a volatile number. But because they're closely correlated with layoffs, economists consider them to be a key gauge of the job market.

Nearly 3.3 million people filed for their second week of unemployment benefits or more in the week ended June 2, the most recent data available. That number was down 33,000 from the previous week.

Now they tell us !

Mark Vitner, a senior economist at Wells Fargo, said the worse-than-expected jobs numbers released Thursday are a sign that economic growth may slow in the second half of the year.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
George Bush will be blamed for this too.....

Des

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No I am going to blame ignorant people for this one. You know the type, look in a mirror. They are bi-partisan fooled by the system, placebo eating, peanut brained fools.

Both parties made a mess of our Country but you go ahead and keep blaming just one side. The world would be a better place without people like you.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Are you absolutely positivily 100% sure ?

The Democrats took majority control of all Congressional Committees in January 2007.
They retained that control in January 2009.
Then the White House in January 2009.
It sure looks like donkey economics to me

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sorry I don't get into arguments with Bi-Partisan opinionated people. People like you are why we are in this mess. So busy blaming the other side and waiting for your turn at the reigns (in four long years) to have a clue about the real problems much less the source of them.

Wah Democrats suck, Wah Rpublicans suck. IMHO you all suck, To busy being narrow minded and one sided to ever see reality. But hey that just what the system wants. The left to fight the right, the whites to fight the blacks, the Christians to fight the Muslims.

When you vote solely along party lines it is PROOF that you are unable to make an intelligent decision of your own.

This was my only reply to you.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Mamatus

Are you absolutely positivily 100% sure ?

The Democrats took majority control of all Congressional Committees in January 2007.
They retained that control in January 2009.
Then the White House in January 2009.
It sure looks like donkey economics to me

Your information is factually flawed and biased. Had your chart above actually used real BLS data it would have been 7.3% in DEC 08 and included January 09 up to 7.8%. The only time in 08 unemployment was around 6.6(like your data suggests is in OCT. While I am sure that someone with a partisan bias finds it convenient to just forget 3 months of data, those of us here who really try to "Deny Ignorance", find it a little childish and amature.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

Interesting.

Can you link those adjusted or correct numbers ?

I would be happy to find a new graph if it is more accurate.

This graph may be "averaged" perhaps ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

BLS Data

Scroll down to the bottom of this page, there is a chart. I would say Bush owns 7.8% (Inauguration Jan 20, so most of January 09) And here we sit now at about 8.2% according to BLS May Data. But really? We all know these numbers are about as real as a $3 bill. Some people love to use them when it fits into the agenda.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The economy is in bad shape and getting worse.

Obama is doomed.

The leakygate scandal will only make it worse.

top topics

join