It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO's Game of Thrones Puts GW Bush's head on a steak after Decapitation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I am not sure what to think of this other than it is completely distasteful to say the least. They say they didnt have enough money to buy more heads for their scenes? HBO? Out of money? I dont buy it. I think it is just liberal film makers having fun at the expense of the American public. This is the kind of thing that makes me think all of these Hollywood radical liberals are just idiots. I am not overly incentive and I have no problem with distasteful things but this is the kind of thing that is just stupid and unnecessary.

In the same week that HBO is premiering a documentary about President George H.W. Bush, it has been revealed that the network’s popular drama “Game of Thrones” used a modeled head of his son President George W. Bush in a grisly decapitation scene. Read more: www.foxnews.com... CWBDY

SOU RCE

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Seems to me like a load ot rubbish.

Having watched the show, it certainly never occurred to me "OH my they used old george there."

More like, his face is old... the face in question is old... and unless I've been asleep for a few years, old bush has rather short hair.

ahh well, it got you, it will get others... thats ratings for ya.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

What?

Why do conservatives get their panties in a twist for non issues?

Liberal film makers? WHO CARES if they used George W's head for a decapitation scene in a fantasy series?

Does that really effect you? Is this really news?

What a non issue.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Does that steak also come with mushrooms, onions and garlic butter?

Just kidding...couldn't help myself.

I did see the clip though and it does seem a stretch. Maybe they should put all past leaders waxheads on a pike, just for the sake of humor.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

An act of convenience, not a political statement. The "commentary" on the special DVD segment was careless.

They had a head of GWB around, whilst creating a new head would be time and money. Considering this head was only shot at an angle and not featured "head-on" or prominently it seems a convenient choice. They would have used Pres. Clinton, George Washington, Mick Jagger...whatever...they had to create a scene with a lot of heads.

Tempest in a teapot in my opinion. I don't blame them for using props at hand, I do think it was stupid to comment on it in the "commentary" reel of the dvd.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They need a few more beheading s of the rockefellers, Rothschilds, Morgans, Clintons, every Royal Family' s head as well!

link   
My thinking though is that if it were an Obama head or a Clinton head do you think they would have used it? Or thought better of it?

And as far is it being a stretch its not a stretch at all. It was a mold of his head. I dont think they are talking about the near one in the picture. Look at the profile of the other. And in their own words they have used it many times in beheading scenes so trying to pass it off as just that when they have many heads they dont have a choice is BS. If they are "A" beheading scene, that only involves one head right? So use another. And its no secret that Hollywood has a bunch of liberal crazies. I didnt think that was big news. Point is I am sure someone could have said "Hey, dont you think this will look bad?"

link   
the shape of the head and face used, is NOT that unique. i still can't really tell if it's him or not, c'mon people, after all the grisly pictures and likenesses used for democratic presidents, you get upset about this?...how about ole georgie in black face, or with a monkey face as i've seen many, many times on Obamas likeness....apparently no problem with that. what a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

They need a few more beheading s of the rockefellers, Rothschilds, Morgans, Clintons, every Royal Family' s head as well!

I have to stand behind this comment. I think you left some people out though.

2nd
edit on 14-6-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
there would be people who'd complain if HBO spent $1000 on getting a head made just for a 5 second clip as a waste of money and realistically what ever they did it would end up looking like someones uncle who had died two weeks before in a car crash that decapitated him so would still cause some outrage

perhaps what they need to do is to put all the presidents heads on spikes etc so that its fair on every president

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

True; but its a rather large list.

2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This has to be the stupidest thing I have heard this week. Fox News is NOT a credible source concerning political agendas. That said neither is any news agency with corporate backing. How they are getting GW out of this is so beyond common sense that it's scary it's even brought up by a national news outlet.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Having watched the show, it certainly never occurred to me "OH my they used old george there."

Yeah I feel the same way.

Even after seeing the picture again, the resemblance is minuscule; especially with the addition of the headdress and the dirt and blood on the face.

My thinking though is that if it were an Obama head or a Clinton head do you think they would have used it? Or thought better of it?

Clinton I could have seen them use, but honestly there are not a lot of black characters in Game of Thrones so Obama would stand out a little, still I don't think anyone would have really noticed...unless they wanted to make an unnecessary fuss about it.

And its no secret that Hollywood has a bunch of liberal crazies.

Liberal...yes...crazy...no...greedy...most definitely.

If there were a bunch of guys in the prop room who (like many out there) didn't like Bush and were looking around for a head and saw the Bush one and said "Hey...lets use the Bush head!" and the other said "Hahaha That would be funny". They probably did it as an inside joke. They even went through the trouble of making it look different than it did originally, because of whos fake head it was.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
FOX has a bit in common with Islam and their defense of Mohammed.

guess we are not all that different in the end

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Non-Issue.

Game of Thrones is a great show,great read.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Have to echo Sonny.

Great show.

Poor form on HBO's part.

Now when a conservative show put's Obama's head on a pike, are the libs going to squeal, or just say, "meh"?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Have to echo Sonny.

Great show.

Poor form on HBO's part.

Now when a conservative show put's Obama's head on a pike, are the libs going to squeal, or just say, "meh"?

And that is my point exactly. As a single incident this means nothing. But had this been the other way around would it still mean nothing?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by beezzer
Have to echo Sonny.

Great show.

Poor form on HBO's part.

And that is my point exactly. As a single incident this means nothing. But had this been the other way around would it still mean nothing?

Just wait.

Someone will do it and we can see. We can speculate, but I will wait to see.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Let see how much of a non issue if it was a likeness of the current Potus.

Expect this from HBO the employer of Maher

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So parody is wrong?

This sounds a lot like those crazy Islamic fundamentalists going bonkers over people drawing a cartoon. I fully expect there are Americans retarded enough to be worshiping at an alter of Bush somewhere who must be really offended.

This is a non-story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join