It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Your God, Worship Me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I was watching an episode of Through the Wormhole I had recorded last night, and Ol' Morgan Freeman touched on the subject of Biocentrism, which in a nutshell says that the world around us only exists when we measure it.

For those not familiar with Biocentrism, it is a theory from 2007 by a scientist named Robert Lanza, building off of quantum physics. It pretty much says that the Universe exists based on the consciousness of its inhabitants. Instead of the Universe creating existence, it states the opposite, that we created the Universe.

If you look at the Double-Split Experiment, More Information Here it hypothesizes that photons alter their state when being viewed or measured.

So to kind of keep things short and simple, or as short and simple as a theory of creation can be, you only exist because I see you. If a tree falls in a forest when no one is around, not only is a noise not made...the tree doesn't even exist.

Anyone have anything to add? What do you think about the theory of Biocentrism? Does it make sense? Also, since I am afterall the God of You, I will continue to allow you to exist if you sacrifice stars and flags in my honor! (sarcasm...but please, S&F's are welcome
)
edit on 14-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
We can state it as fact or not, don't care. It's plain not practical to live as if reality was a tv screen all the time.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
We can state it as fact or not, don't care. It's plain not practical to live as if reality was a tv screen all the time.

So you're saying if proven fact it, in no way, would affect your way of living?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I was watching this too. Biocenterism says, correctly, that every atom is continuously in a quantum state. This quantum state allows the atom and particles to be in more than 1 places at ones. And it's the act of observance that makes the atom chose which state to be in.

Famous experiment. Put a cat underneath a bucket with a radioactive pill. Now is the cat still alive or is it dead? Well until somebody uncovers the bucket the cat is both alive and dead at the same time.

Not a quantum engineer though... Heck they don't even really know how this stuff works.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

I was watching this too. Biocenterism says, correctly, that every atom is continuously in a quantum state. This quantum state allows the atom and particles to be in more than 1 places at ones. And it's the act of observance that makes the atom chose which state to be in.

Famous experiment. Put a cat underneath a bucket with a radioactive pill. Now is the cat still alive or is it dead? Well until somebody uncovers the bucket the cat is both alive and dead at the same time.

Not a quantum engineer though... Heck they don't even really know how this stuff works.

I love that theoritcal experiment! I was telling someone about it who thought I was completely crazy, when I tried to tell him that if you put a gun to your head and pulled the trigger, you would die AND live, thus creating an alternate reality....I of course had to emphasise it was hypothetical.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Let's use your tree falling in a forest example for fun.

If no one witnesses the tree falling it makes no sound and you take it a step further and say therefore the tree does not even exist. Yet when we go to forest we see evidence that indeed the tree did fall sometimes several have, some recent, some who knows how long ago, but indeed they did fall and the conclusion is that yes indeed they do exist.

Now if only by observation does the tree exist in a fallen state or a standing or growing state, why are most left standing? Why are either all the trees not fallen or all the trees left standing? What random predictor says that this tree will fall and another will not? Why if I return to the forest it is not left unchanged as from my perception? Decay, growth and other events have taken place on this fallen tree that I could not predict no thought of yet I perceive them?

If the world, the universe if you will is an illusion, it is a perfect one, one in which things are ever changing with or without perception, therefore it might as well be called reality. Your logic is flawed and so you are not God, and neither am I...
edit on 14-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

a tree is alive and to a degree, aware

it's its own observer

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

I think this has to do with our inability to measure what the atom does in its time, fast enough....... instead of being in multiple places at once,,, i think its like if you were to take a long exposure photo of a person in the span of 15 minutes,,, and you couldnt measure in spans less then 15 minutes,,, you would think that they only are always moving everywhere...... maybe........

also about god wanting to be worshipped......... If you have a pet cat,,,,, even though it is completely its own free being, you want it to obey you and listen and do what you say.... or else you may get angry at it....... imagine if your creation disobeyed you/laughed in your face...

oh and the hypothesis of the universe only existing when were looking is for lack of a more degrading word,, stupid...... I learned peek a boo was fake quite a while ago....... what if we have video cameras and fancy satiliette measuring tools,,,, are those machines conscious observers too when they percieve the physical universe as it seems to stably be?
edit on 14-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

it's its own observer

Now that was a clever answer...but under the supposition that the Tree has awareness, how about a rock, water?

Ah, ha... so every atom has to have awareness therefore spooky action at a distance is based on the awareness of atoms realizing they are being observed?

And how would you prove that an Atom has awareness? It still does not make the OP God…

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

"what if we have video cameras and fancy satiliette measuring tools,,,, are those machines conscious observers too when they percieve the physical universe as it seems to stably be?" Quote.

The camera is the measuring device, but the image it captured does not exist until viewed by a conscious observer. Can a photo be seen without being seen?

edit on 14-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

it's its own observer

Now that was a clever answer...but under the supposition that the Tree has awareness, how about a rock, water?

Ah, ha... so every atom has to have awareness therefore spooky action at a distance is based on the awareness of atoms realizing they are being observed?

And how would you prove that an Atom has awareness? It still does not make the OP God…

Could it be less that the atom has awareness and more that we are limited in how we can view atoms?
Today my microscope can see the atom this way.
Tomorrow a new device will be invented that can see the atoms in another way.
When looking at the same atom with both devices at the same time you see both versions of the atom.

It’s like looking at a wooden block. Today I see it from the front. It is a square. No one can tell me different. My scope shows a square so it's a square. Tomorrow a new device will show a second side. Then a new device will show its third side. Then we will know it's a three dimensional object. Then we have a full picture of the block.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is it may not be the atom choosing but merely the way we see. We may be only seeing (using my block example here) its length. Tomorrow we will see its height. The next day we will see its width.

-subfab

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ImaFungi

"what if we have video cameras and fancy satiliette measuring tools,,,, are those machines conscious observers too when they percieve the physical universe as it seems to stably be?" Quote.

The camera is the measuring device, but the image it captured does not exist until viewed by a conscious observer. Can a photo be seen without being seen?

edit on 14-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

i will say yes it does exist............. if i have a digital camera, that shows the pictures on a screen after i take them,,,,,,,, and from a mile away without looking i take a picture of a falling tree...... even though i dont hear the tree it makes a noise in reality,,,,, and even though i have not yet looked at the picture,,, in reality the taking of the picture was executed and it exists on the digital camera,,,,,,,,, theres no point in arguing these points,,,,, you are trying to prove reality wrong by saying a few words,,,,, i want to know why you want to believe these things you spout,, its because you want your consciousness to feel special or that consciousness is the most important thing? please try to explain and prove even semi thoroughly what you believe and what you believe you are saying and talking about.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Saw this video on TED talks a while ago. He explains what quantum superpositions are and does an experiment where he puts a visible object in a quantum superstate. Check it out, knowing the premise will help us understand the theory better.

Link In case the video doesn't work:
www.ted.com...
edit on 14-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.

It doesn't really make sense in some ways though. Think about this: You're parked at a red light, some a**hole walks past your car and flings a lit cigarette into your back seat through the open window, but you don't notice it. Now if you don't notice it, then it shouldn't start a fire right? But it would start a fire regardless of whether you noticed this happen or not. Or is my logic all messed up here? From what I understand, what they are trying to say is that things only exist when you pay attention to them? What about all these women that have been date-raped because some guy dropped a vial of soporific in their drink? They didn't notice it, so why did the drug still take effect?

Edit: I apologize if my examples seem somewhat bleak or disturbing lol, but they were the first things that came to mind, because many human beings tend to use the unawareness of others to their advantage when committing nefarious deeds.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

u belong to evil wrong with its gods, that is why u really believe that ur subjective perspective is a source of objects, so the reverse of facts results

it is easy to say whatever u want when u use ur means for, calling a tree what fall and noone notice is clearly proving my point, a tree is nothing to anything real and nothing to any value of beyond all in truth of course

so

ur intelligence is appropriate to plants superiority so u should b surounded by that nothing to watch as being a vegetable urself mayb worms will b the else that u could respect and become friends with

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
lol this guy again ^

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

i exist because i observe myself. if i could only exist if i was observed wouldnt i continuously blink in and out of existence, because im not always being observed? but then again, i guess that would imply that there is something out there observing everything for everything to exist.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The way I look at it, everything is made up of something. Whether it be a rock or a person. The rock may not actually be alive, but the molecules that make up the rock are, and in a strange way concious of their existence. I guess what I am saying, to use the tree example again, the molecules of the tree are moving and interacting one way, say in an alternate universe where someone is looking at the tree, where in our existence it is not even present. The second that something or someone acknowledges the tree's existence in our reality, it appears in its altered state.

Doesn't have to be a PERSON that captures it. Anything that recognizes its presense makes it aware.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

this still wouldnt make you god. what your basically saying is that atoms are the observers and thats why things exist. if this is what your saying then i guess that would mean that atoms are god,i guess. idk, nevermind.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

this still wouldnt make you god. what your basically saying is that atoms are the observers and thats why things exist. if this is what your saying then i guess that would mean that atoms are god,i guess. idk, nevermind.

peace

I am made up of atoms. You shouldn't question me....don't you know that's how wars are started? Just sacrafice more stars and flags, and I will assure that you continue to exist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join