It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May sets out plans to monitor internet use in the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Don't be daft, they've have been doing it since the 60's ...

Project ECHELON - www.nsawatch.org...

*Automated Global Interception and Relay System.
*Operated in 5 nations; US,UK,Canada,Australia, and New Zealand.

They say the empire collapsed?

*These countries co-ordinated activities under the 1947 UKUSA agreement.
*Echelon dates back to 1971.

*Its one of the most powerful sattelite based spy systems on Earth.
*It can and *does*, intercept *anything*.
*Its has large radio transmitters at strategic bases across the globe.
*It originated and is manily run by the NSA.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 14-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From OP's source:

Restrictions are likely to be placed on the types of phone and internet data local councils can access ...
Local authorities will face restrictions on the kinds of data they will be able to access

That's how insane this rubbish is. A suggestion that you're supposed to be thankful for this consideration, that some oik (a temp worker? a disgruntled unemployed kid forced to work unpaid or lose benefits?) from your local council might not be allowed to look violate your privacy whenever the fancy takes them 'cos, y'know, it's all about concern for the protection of liberty and the free world and whatnot.

Really, what the hell UK. A government is temporary, they'll be back home soon smiling and passing the port to the left. You are supposed to be the authority to these caretakers, they are in your employ, this is your country and you'll be living with this the rest of your lives. Damn, come on. Demand from your government, tell them what you want. Look to what your forefathers moved for, died for. How many of your family bled in WWI, how many in WWII.

Time for you to stand up again.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In order to beat the world governments from intruding on my freedoms and rights, I am using a new Secured Browser system - NON TRACEABLE

www.jumpto.com

Protect youselves as best you can

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Harris

A government is temporary, they'll be back home soon smiling and passing the port to the left.

Good post star for you!

The only thing is, the government may be temporary, but the system isn't. Labour were planning this too. I think "we're all in this together" has a more subtle and sinister meaning sometimes.
edit on 14/6/12 by Insomniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
www.duckduckgo.com ....... encrypted google search.... i'd recomend everybody leave facebook... Does anybody know if the data they store on you is accessable by FIA request?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by judus

I understand your point and partially agree, but I think you may be underestimating the power of the human mind. Eventually we will have to put our foot down and say enough is enough. It's happened in the past, and it will happen again.

It's too bad that this generation is polluted with poison and media control so you may be right, a lot of us seem to worry more about the upcoming episode of our favorite TV show versus the real world and what's happening.

I just hope that the people of the UK make a fuss about this and let the people behind this that they will not stand for it.

We will only put our foot down when it is too late !

I have lost faith in the people of Britain.

A good example is the University fees, people put there foot down there and nothing changed. Once they start handing out hefty punishments from the kangaroo court people will go back home.

It will have to come to a point were people have nothing to lose, that is when the people are most dangerous to the establishment.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
But... it's so they can monitor and catch the kiddie fiddlers and terrorists... isn't it? And that's good... right?

It sure is the sign of just how paranoid our "leaders" are and how much they fear us. These snooping measures are there to make sure they get a warning that people are talking about them and organising against them. That way they can step in and break up any mass dissent early on. It has nothing to do with terrorism and kiddie fiddlers, that is just the same old lame excuse they use to sell the idea.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Home Secretary Theresa May said the change was needed to keep up with how criminals were using new technology.

Speak for yourself Ms May!

You can snoop at what we're doing when we can snoop at what you and your cronies are doing. By that, i mean "all" Government and "all" things connected.

Fair trade methinks.

edit on 15-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I mean, the criminals are using open emails and social networking all the time to hatch their little plots and criminal activity. Do the likes of Mrs. May really believe the stuff they spout? Scarily, they probably do!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
********* Post removed by Her Majesty's Inspector of the Internet *********

This post contained comments or opinions not sanctioned by the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I seriously believe that this is merely window dressing. The security services have been doing this for years- e-mails, internet use, telephone calls EVERYTHING is being monitored. No surprise here.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Home Secretary Theresa May said the change was needed to keep up with how criminals were using new technology.

Statements like these say it all for me. It's embarrassing that a standing Home Secretary could utter such bilge. I guess we don't need to buy into it, because we have a horsesh*t system of government (just like everybody else). Logging more data isn't about criminals, or terrorists, its about fear. The corpo-government fear of a popular revolt. 500,000 enforcers (army & police) on one side vs 35 million able bodied adults on the other. If I was part of the 1% of parasites that suck the rest of society dry, I'd be kind of worried as well. They are hoping to monitor everybody and pick off ring leaders before the ball gets rolling on an uprising. It will work for a while, but if things get bad enough even pulling the networks probably wont help them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join