It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is all this about "bath salts?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Recently I started seeing bath salts being used as an explanation for anything out of the ordinary.

What is this about? What is the theory behind the bath salts?

Is it the name for a new street drug?

Sorry if I ask a stupid question or two, but I honestly want to know what this is about.

vvv

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

yes bath salt is the name they gave to this new '___' drug in circulation... also known as the zombie drug...

it isn't BATH SALT just a name...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skywalk

Omg!

I thought it was actual bath salts and the fumes of it made people do silly things.

Wow, well thank you.

vvv

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Yes and no. It's not new, it's been around for ages. It's big right now, well was, because people were selling this synthetic drug as bath salts over the internet and at headshops. It's not that the street name is bath salts, it's that it's actually sold as packets of bath salts. I'm sure plenty of people who, for some reason want salt in their bath, are soaking in this stuff with no idea that people are snorting it.

It's not '___', but it apparently does produce hallucinations and psychosis similar to coc aine psychosis.

For me, it's barely above sniffing glue or gasoline, it's reckless, dangerous, stupid, and apparently leads to face eating.

Beyond the fact that you really have no clue what is in the powder you are buying anyways, there is no regulation, it's a crapshoot.
edit on 14-6-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

From what I have been told, these "bathsalts" are sold and labeled this way in order to be legally sold in the states. Regardless, they are unlike any bathsalt that you may know of and are in fact a synthetically produced dirty drug that fiends can easily get a hold of.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It is the cover story for what is really happening. Just my suspicion.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

way to spread the flames of ignorance. the toxicology reports are not back for that case.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk

yes bath salt is the name they gave to this new '___' drug in circulation... also known as the zombie drug...

it isn't BATH SALT just a name...

no bath salt is the name they give to a whole range of research chemicals in circulation... also known as research chemicals...

it isn't BATH SALT, just a name given to anything from synthetic so and so's to ones that mimic the effects of currently illicit substances, but only to avoid unwarranted inspection by customs.

they are in no way related to '___', nor do they have that effect, nor are they causing zombie cannibalism. If anything people with underlying psychosis are using a legal, or at the time legal, chemical because they are legal.

Or if anything else, abusing them can achieve an amphetamine psychosis that lasts only as long as the chemical is used.

Analogue laws are being created daily to combat their use, now that it is public, despite them being used for years by people who either ascertain they are not any good, effectively not close to what they want, OR adulterated by shonky head shop chemists to include very nasty side effects...

but lets not get into facts... they are too easy to ignore. tehy R teh new '___' and ppls go mad on them, and eat your faces off!!11

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Yes and no. It's not new, it's been around for ages. It's big right now, well was, because people were selling this synthetic drug as bath salts over the internet and at headshops. It's not that the street name is bath salts, it's that it's actually sold as packets of bath salts. I'm sure plenty of people who, for some reason want salt in their bath, are soaking in this stuff with no idea that people are snorting it.

It's not '___', but it apparently does produce hallucinations and psychosis similar to coc aine psychosis.

For me, it's barely above sniffing glue or gasoline, it's reckless, dangerous, stupid, and apparently leads to face eating.

Beyond the fact that you really have no clue what is in the powder you are buying anyways, there is no regulation, it's a crapshoot.

Actually they are far from huffing paint. They are created because originally they were created to mimic the effects of other drugs. They may have potential disasterous effects if they are made with certain chemical traits that can cause problems, but they are no less a potent drug.

It depends on which one. Some are made because they are simple to produce and easily sold as a legal alternative, OR they closely mimic the structure of illicit chemicals, but are not yet legislated against. Hence the analogue laws.

Very misleading to say it's like sniffing glue.

--edit

also, as most of them are manufactured in China, by request most importers ask for a chemical analysis of the rc they obtain, knowing full well that when a chinese company states 98% purity, it is likely just added to the parcel and has no valid qualification. A reputable importer would send samples off to reputable companies for a proper analysis, and have the chemicals purified to a standard.

Seeing as the companies in china only sell bulk, it pays for someone else to verify the quantity of chemical they receive is actually what they are getting.

Buyer beware is not something you ignore.

edit on 14-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by exTAC

and apparently leads to face eating.

way to not be able to read? Obviously tongue in cheek (get it?)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Very misleading to say it's like sniffing glue.

I didn't say it was like sniffing glue, I said for me, it was 1 step above sniffing glue or huffing gas, not in the chemical reaction taking place, or the method of ingestion, i was referring to the utter stupidity of doing it, barely 1 notch above huffing glue.

Honestly people did everyone but me get the emailed titled "ATS arguing semantics day" ?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Dont get me wrong Iam not an atuhority on the subject. But I did know someone who got into the bath salts. He was buying them at a local "head" shop perfectly legal. Iam not sure if he was snorting them or smoking them or whatever.

Anyway he was a very successful salesman and within about 3 months his whole life was ruined.... lost his wife, stealing from his company to support the habit, extreme paranoia, and a total mental breakdown, he is still hospitalized in a physc unit after 4 months now.

whatever they are dont even F with this stuff. serious it will ruin your life just look at the news. there is a lot of different stuff you could play around with out there but this sh*t is real bad.

makes you want to eat someones face off ?

I saw a perfectly normal person go to physco in a few weeks on this stuff. stay away

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

they are in no way related to '___', nor do they have that effect, nor are they causing zombie cannibalism. If anything people with underlying psychosis are using a legal, or at the time legal, chemical because they are legal.

Now see that's funny, because when I heard about these, what, a few years ago? Long before the miami guy, I heard about them because of cases of people showing up at the hospital in what the doctors could only describe as a coc aine psychosis, and they were using balt salts.

Depending on what drug they are a synthetic form of, you can indeed have hallucinogenic episodes.

But you really can't talk generally about "bath salts" because, as you even stated, it's a hodge-podge of god knows what.

PC air duster is legal, this doesn't make it any less reckless to sniff the stuff to get high. The only reason these "chemicals" are, or were, legal, is because the authorities weren't aware of the scam taking place. They are now, and the companies actively selling this stuff as drugs are going to have to find a new method of importing them.

Personally... if I was going to go take some random drug, I think I'd buy it from someone locally, with a vested interest in my repeated business, not some website that wouldn't even know if I died from their tainted product.

I wouldn't sniff glue, melt and drink shoe polish, drink and smoke hand sanitizer, huff paint or fuel....

all of which are legal, for certain uses, ingestion to get high is not one of them.

These "bath salts" are sold as such merely to get them into the country, they aren't bath salts, the sole purpose is drug use, and that is illegal.

For the love of god people, don't get high on random chemicals.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan
Dont get me wrong Iam not an atuhority on the subject. But I did know someone who got into the bath salts. He was buying them at a local "head" shop perfectly legal. Iam not sure if he was snorting them or smoking them or whatever.

Anyway he was a very successful salesman and within about 3 months his whole life was ruined.... lost his wife, stealing from his company to support the habit, extreme paranoia, and a total mental breakdown, he is still hospitalized in a physc unit after 4 months now.

whatever they are dont even F with this stuff. serious it will ruin your life just look at the news. there is a lot of different stuff you could play around with out there but this sh*t is real bad.

I saw a perfectly normal person go to physco in a few weeks on this stuff. stay away

Really it turns you into a monster?

(and it's legal?) Sounds like some government thing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

By extension, using any drug is the same. because 99% of the illicit drugs out there are made by backyard chemists with chemicals bought from bunnings hardware.

These RC's are manufactured in labs. Not with any degree of purity in mind, but they do have to meet a set standard for whoever buys them to them resell them; or we're talking about your typical average guy who isn't in it for a market segment, but a quick hit and run sale. And they don't fork out thousands to buy a ton of crap.

So, I don't get the similarity at all.

I can bet your cold hard cash that a lot of the RC's that were sold prior to all the media attention, were of a high grade for what was purchased. And it's only the media attention that has caused more harsh and toxic substances to be sold recently. As soon as the good rc's are stomped out, an alternate is created. It may have certain chemical rings left over or added to it that can cause neurtoxicity. Not because the original RC was bad, but because it became public.

If anyone would educate themselves before drinking 1 litre of vodka, we'd have no 17 year olds dead from alcohol poisoning. Same with these.

And the sad thing is, until they became so damn public, they were in the hands of people who researched the chemical, knew the risks, and made the personal choice. The bluelight.ru forums for instance can reveal a LOT of information readily available to anyone who is interested.

But now it's all over the news, the more toxic ones are becoming public and propaganda of face eating psychopaths on bath salts permeate the media.

You know, if people had a legal option, they'd avoid 90% of these RC's... and even if they did not, no one is going ferrel on them, no one has ever done so, if anything the atypical psychosis from ABuse is the contributing factor to the negative effects.

I wish people would stop with the fear mongering. I'm trying so hard to relay information without having yet more posts removed.

If anyone is really interested in the whys and hows ot RCs I'd suggest googling the forum I mentioned above. Detailed information far beyong I can elucidate here can be found there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
GOD DAMN IT..

I had a long reply to you Phishy but the power went out and I lost it all... just came back on now.

Meh, I need a bath... lots of pepper...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by exTAC

and apparently leads to face eating.

way to not be able to read? Obviously tongue in cheek (get it?)

It has nothing to do with being able to read or not. If you make a statement which is false, you just made a false statement... No one can interpret what is going on in your head, or how you meant an ignorant statement.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Bath salts are the result of drug czars 'round the world. Because thousands of years of human history proving that people seek substances to alter their perceptions through an aberrant brain chemisty could be changed with some laws, wagging fingers, and an anorexic coathanger from the 80's. Which they couldn't, of course. So instead, people formulate drugs far more dangerous than those deemed illicit.

Thanks Anslinger, you half-wit.

new topics

top topics

join