It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalblog.com suggesting folks draw down their bank accounts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Cool. Lets get the ball rolling. The system is flawed. Lets start over fresh.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Cool. Lets get the ball rolling. The system is flawed. Lets start over fresh.

You would end up back in the same situation we have now.
There is a reason we have the banking system the way it is.

Now the smart ones who DO pull a lot of money out will do something the rest would cringe pver. Buy stocks.
Yep that's right.
IF Greece does something stupid this weekend and IF the markets freak out and IF you decide to remove a chunk of change from the bank. You should buy stocks. Why? Because the world is not going to end. The banks are still going to function. Your job will still require you to show up at 8:00. Buy you WILL have the opertunity to buy stocks that have been discounted already at an even greater discount.
It could be the easiest 20% in two months or you could put more beans on the shelf and cry 'the sky is falling' again.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Dear MrWendal,

Yes bank runs cause hyperinflation... just ignore the constant running of the printing press that is making money out of thin air.

No, bank runs cause the government to print the money which results in hyperinflation. The trillion bail out under Bush called TARP was to bail out the banks. Is this how things should work? No; but, it is how they do work. When the Chinese and Japanese call in the two trillion that we owe them or the Federal government has to pay the over $4 trillion that we owe the Federal Reserve, they will again just print more notes. The question is not if the system is going to fail, it already has, the question is how the failure is managed and a bank run will not make anything better.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would not say that Survivalblog is necessarily a neutral source. They make their name on having a stake in collapse... of course they are going to say a collapse is around the corner at all times. Granted, I think we have 3 years at most, and it might hit us by this fall even, but you still can't trust a party who has invested themselves personally in the collapse happening to be unbiased in their advice, lol.

I mean, do you really think the people on this collapse board are even completely trustworthy? A lot of us are here because we WANT the thing to collapse- we are personally invested in seeing it happen, and we look for signs of it all over the place. Again, I do think I can be neutral in saying another economic downturn is years away at the very best, however.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've got a lot of respect for John Wesley Rawles.

This guy is a true patriot - I wish he were running for president.

If he is saying it - people should really pay attention.

The PTB must hate him - his website suffered a massive attack a couple weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

A Bank run won't make it any worse either. When a house of cards falls, does it matter which card was pulled that caused the crash?

It doesn't make a difference, the problem is that the house is built with cards!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Great thread. Oddly enough I was just telling people they might as well spend the money they got on necessities right now before it's too late. What if we were hit my a massive solar flare tomorrow. Do you have everything you need to survive? No? Forget buying gold and silver, you need food, water, first aid, etc etc.

People keep yapping about precious metals... but they won't be so precious when you're dying of thirst.

And if something happens to the power grid you will be sorry for letting you money sit in a bank. All your info is digital. All those thousands of dollars in your account... GONE.

So I agree. Pull a chunk of your cash out and buy what you need NOW!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join