It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibilities for extermination of the human race.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was pondering stuff and things the other day, as I am wont to do.

And I got to thinking. How would one go about exterminating all human life on Earth? In a practical manner, not the usual Nibiru nonsense, or a giant meteor.

I mean how could someone who is not ridiculously wealthy affect an event or series of events that would bring about the end of humanity? Could it be done?

I have only come up with two possibilities so far.

1: Try to get a hold of the "Nuclear Football", but I think you would still need a few keys and codes. Even then you probably wouldn't get everyone.

2: Get a job at some Bio-Weapons Lab or something along those lines. Then bide your time until you could get your hands on something particularly nasty.

So I pose my question to you ATS, How could you end the human race on a budget?
I am very interested in hearing your ideas.
edit on 13-6-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Home made bio attack of some sort. Think of a pissed off med student gone rogue, secretly building the ultimate virus in his basement. Only he knows the cure.

Almost sounds like a good hollywood thriller.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We're going to give them ideas on budget friendly ways to kill us all off, while they go down in their comfy bunkers?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ok I have two answers:

1) Either build, or steal a very large electro magnet to pull out all of the space debris in the sky at once. Probably costly and might not take out everyone.

2) Use your powers of persuasion you gained while debating on ATS to convince some rich guy to do it for you.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

That is a good idea, but what if you don't have a background in virology or genomics?

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to find someone, or do some research into it on your own. But that sounds like a recipe for killing yourself if you don't have the proper equipment.

reply to post by coven83

Yes, a wealthy benefactor would most definitely come in handy.
But the super magnet doesn't sound very efficient.
edit on 13-6-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Blow up a Muslim mosque and somehow have it point to Israel as the perpetrator. Muslim Nations hit Israel, U.S. attacks Muslim nations, Russia attacks U.S. Then run over to blow up something in North Korea, pointing to the U.S. as the perpetrator. North Korea and China attack the U.S. The free world bands together against everyone else. Missiles fly. Chemical and biological weapons are released.

Say goodnight to mankind.
edit on 6/13/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That was almost the plot for the movie Salt, where they were gonna nuke Mecca and blame it on the US, and start WW3...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes but as this entire thread stands firmly in the world of fantasy I thought it applied.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It's a possibility, but that is a lot of variables and unknowns.

But I do like the idea of a combined nuclear biological and chemical situation. That would have the most likely chance of getting everyone I think.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83

Yes but as this entire thread stands firmly in the world of fantasy I thought it applied.

Oh come on, it's 2012.

There has got to be some realistic practical way for an enterprising individual to end mankind.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The problem is the "ALL" part. Lots of ways to get most of us but "all" is pretty tough. Life finds a way.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You have now all been placed on a list, somewhere...

Is this for a novel? I'm still confused why you ask lol.

link   
reply to post by Nomed

I think you may be right, but humor me.

Lets get some more ideas thrown out there.
edit on 13-6-2012 by watchitburn because: discretion

link   

Originally posted by Nomed
The problem is the "ALL" part. Lots of ways to get most of us but "all" is pretty tough. Life finds a way.

lol Dr. Malcom in the house

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

You have now all been placed on a list, somewhere...

Is this for a novel? I'm still confused why you ask lol.

Fractal you made that list the day you created your account here.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You are trully sick and depressed my friend.

Love is the answer. Love is the way.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The extermination of the human race has probably never been easier. Our industrial and technological infrastructure has given us the ability to sustain a huge population that wouldn't be sustainable otherwise, simply due to the volume of food it enables us to produce. In addition, we've become dependent on the grid for survival, and almost all of mankind has no clue of basic survival skills without it. You all have had the power go out before I'm sure, from a storm or whatever. Even if it's only for a few days, life becomes pretty hard, grocery stores sell out of firewood and munchies pretty fast and you make do until it comes back on.

But what if it was out for good (or a very long time) and it were the entire country, instead of one locality? Without the economy running as normal, food supplies wouldn't be distributed to stores via the distribution networks. All of the economy would slow to a crawl which would include gasoline distribution, which would effectively end our ability to travel anywhere beyond walking distance, further slowing the economy. Much of the population would die of starvation, having no idea how to cultivate land and grow food, stay hygienic without running water, etc.

So I think the most devastating occurrence for mankind would be a mass coordinated attack on the power grid, whereby it would be irreparable for a very long time. All it would take is for some terrorist sleeper cells to plot out a list of a few thousand transformer sites in strategic locations (which would just take a little research and a few clicks around Google Earth) and decide on a night to sabotage them all at once. The parts of the power grid that weren't directly effected would become overloaded by the extra demand and the chain reaction would cause the whole thing to fail. Scary thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Every question should be asked.

How would we learn anything otherwise?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mysteriousways
You are trully sick and depressed my friend.

Love is the answer. Love is the way.

I am perfectly healthy, thank you. And I never did understand depression, I doesn't make sense to me. But your concern is noted.

Anyway let's get back on topic.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Your enthusiasm and ingenuity are appreciated, but you are not thinking big enough.

The scenario you describe would work well in developed nations, but there are still large swaths of the worlds population that do not rely on electricity, plumbing or grocery stores.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join