It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Cat Lovers - Help Needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
disgustingfatbody
I just took my cat to the vet 2 weeks ago because she was limping the vet told me she has arthritis in her legs..

He prescribed a medication called Novox 25 mg i give her 1 half tablet twice a day the cost is about 20 dollars a month but she will be on it for the rest of her life..

This drug is a miracle she no longer limps or appears to be in any pain she is now doing stuff i haven't seen her do in years please ask your vet about this drug it works!
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Novox and metacam are about the only things we could find for pain relief in cats, just like others have already noted.
Cats are also notorious for hiding the true amount of pain they are really feeling.

We had a rather large cat that injured himself jumping a fence. A hip injury. Warm wet towels seemed to provide a couple of hours of relief. Though that may be hard for you, due to the location of the injury. I haven't met many cats that liked to have their paws messed with, pain or no pain.

Sometimes he was in so much pain that he couldn't bury his feces in the litterbox. So our other cat would stand there until he was done. Then jump in the box and bury it for him!

Like others have said, No human drugs. Though some opiate based ones can work.

Cats have such unusual metabolisms Vets are very reluctant to prescribe much of anything.

Best of luck!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Awe poor kitty

I am a big cat lover. I don't have any suggestions other than go back to the vet and let them know it's not working.

I hope your mom's kitty feels better. *hugs* to kitty.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Glucosamine or shark cartilage is a well known product for arthritis , if you treat the symptoms it should ease the pain and this is more than likely the thought of your vet . You can also give your cat aspirin in small doses which should help , stay away from tylonal and ibuprofen . You can order the glucosimine on line and get a correct dosing for yor cats weight . I have an 18 year old cat I adopted from my neighbor who died of cancer last year , the cat seems to ache and be slower on moist days but never complains.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
disgustingfatbody
I just took my cat to the vet 2 weeks ago because she was limping the vet told me she has arthritis in her legs..

He prescribed a medication called Novox 25 mg i give her 1 half tablet twice a day the cost is about 20 dollars a month but she will be on it for the rest of her life..

This drug is a miracle she no longer limps or appears to be in any pain she is now doing stuff i haven't seen her do in years please ask your vet about this drug it works!
peace,sugarcookie1

Glucosimine will work better and you can get it on line cheap .

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

My thanks to you and everyone who made med recommendations.

This will help me at the vet's office.

Much appreciated.

edit on 6/14/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: CONDENSED POSTS

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

edit on 6/14/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: REDUNDANT

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

edit on 6/14/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: REDUNDANT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>