It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many naysayers on this site?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
(Hope this topic is okay to put here. I didn't see any "general talk" forums.)

But, seriously, it seems like no matter what the topic, there are people who come out of the woodwork to tell the OP or anyone who agrees with the OP just how wrong or stupid they are.

People come here to "talk". And just like in real life you'll have your positive people and your negative people. You'll have positive people who actually want to have a mature conversation with you, and you'll have negative people who only want to shoot everything down. The people, or posters, who don't seem to say much of anything at all, now they're the one's I really like. It means that they're watching and learning. They're keeping their eyes open and their mouths shut. Things I've done my whole life. If anything, in the back of my mind, they're the ones I'm directing my important posts to because I know they're taking something from it, learning from it, and appreciating what I'm doing. ( I'd just like to hear it from you in person hon,. And not in THAT place) Also just like in real life, If you don't talk back to the people you don't like, they'll go away and start talking to other people because, again, people like to talk.

Simply don't respond respond to them. Deny ignorance because you can't fix stupid. Start finding people who share the same interests and viewpoints that you do, friend them, and follow their posts that way. Again, just like in real life.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Because there are so many "experts" here. For eample, is there really such a thing as a ufo expert? I dont think any exist, at least here on ATS.

Until you have been on a craft, test flown it, shook the anal probe tool in a aliens face, had it stuffed in your booty while sperm sample was removed, dematerialized a few mellons with a ray gun, took a joy ride to the neighboring universe, lent the big eyed m***** f***** your i phone to "phone home" as a joke your not a expert and you can go suck a pink unicorns D**K !

But these ATS Experts will belittle insult embarrass and so on. After 8 years of reading it here, I joined to let it happen to me, just to see how it feels...: )

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The negativity from many here is overwhelming. Everything is a lie, everything is a hoax, everything was swampgas you moron, its mostly, "I bet you dont have a GED" I can go on for a hour.

There are some kind folk here that will try to understand, have some sort of compassion and make you feel good that you shared your event.

99% of events are dispelled by the "experts" here. Modern day project Blue Book x2. Stopping by, reading the top news and member picks then exiting for your own research for a hour is your best bet. then go enjoy your day with positive kind people = Happy Optomistic and Peace of mind......

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

But just because YOU (or I or anyone else) might think it's stupid that someone thinks they experienced a ghost because their dog acted weird, doesn't mean you have to talk condescendingly to them or call them stupid. [color=FFE08A]That's not denying ignorance. That's called being an asshole. If you don't like their post, don't flag it or star it (another position that I did NOT take), [color=FFE08A]just ignore it......

Ignoring is not the same as denying. There is a reason that these are referred to as 'Discussion Boards', and are not called 'Agreement Boards'.

reply to post by VoidHawk

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Its because they dont want you to THINK for your self.

2nd
Well done. That is an outstanding example of not thinking for yourself. Why do you type "2nd"? Is it because you have seen many others do it? It must be, because there is no other legitimate reason for doing so.

edit on 6/13/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

9 posts in a row? Are you having problems over there? I noticed last nite you posted threads that were multiplied... Has someone taken over your account?!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

As long as the " Naysayers " are being polite and courteous, ( I know they sometimes aren't..) then it must be a good thing, challenging a post with contrary evidence or info, or even just a different point of view...? Then, hopefully we all get to learn something.

The problem is, we don't like criticism, even if it is constructive, even if the critic is polite, with a well thought out challenge / point of view.

We need to learn not to take criticism personally, or trade insults. It gets boring reading insult trading, and results in threads being far longer than needed....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

But, seriously, it seems like no matter what the topic, there are people who come out of the woodwork to tell the OP or anyone who agrees with the OP just how wrong or stupid they are.

DUDE! Welcome to the internet

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Sometimes those naysayers crash your party. I love to believe in things beyond our narrow scope of reality, when the OP comes out with something amazing and wants to share it, its exciting for me. Usually someone comes along and tells them its BS, the probability the OP will think about posting a thread again is high, and that is discouraging. What they don't understand is, crazy things happen in life you can't go shooting everyone down because you have not experienced it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
cause people like to feel in control of there life, there is no better control than the abilty to turn on and off an internet browser, all trolls are kings of there own bridge.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

I know exactly who you are talking about, well the type of person at least.

They consider themselves debunkers, yet, unlike an actual debunker or skeptic, they offer nothing to the thread other than "this is crap" or something similar.

you are never going to find a forum without people who like to troll on other people, it's a fact, some people have no life, and they take that out on people here.

Just ignore them, alert when they post offtopic remarks.....

Part of the fun for me at ATS is digging through the crap to find the gems, but I do admit, it seems to be getting harder lately.

Part of that is probably a new wave of users hitting the site.
Part of that, I suspect, is this knee-jerk reaction people have. Instead of alerting the stuff that is against the T&C, they make a thread complaining about the nay-sayers.
Another part of that, I think, is a large chunk of people who have been here for years, and have already debunked or explained certain things, and are just fedup with rehashing it.

Not a day goes by that countless threads on countless topics are opened, that shouldn't be, because there are already countless threads on that subject. I know I fall into that group sometimes and get a little short with people, chemtrails specifically. But I always explain my position.

We all know that we can't debate or prove anything if we are all agreeing with each other. If you have a theory, it needs to be challenged, that is the only way to strengthen it and adapt it.

The only thing you can do, other than alter the bad posts, is challenge the nay-sayers to back up their belief or discontinue posting in the thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Why so many naysayers? Because....this is a global - all encompassing topic - includes everyone - website.

When you get such a diverse group of people...there are always going to be the naysayers....that is just life!

I for one (usually) ignore them...and move on to the good stuff!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yes and not to be rude, but if you see a post, directed at you or not, that your replying to, and resultant conversation would not be to the betterment of the thread, then perhaps the best thing we, op's and all, can do to keep threads from going into a degraded state is simply ignore the post when you sense that the ensuing

conversation will be most displeasing. If you had the choice, wouldn't you choose to have a pleasant conversation instead? Well you have the power to do that. You choose your own level of involvement. After all, do you really think you will change that persons mind? Does it ever work with someone who you have already sensed the direction a conversation with them would

inevitably take? So essentially all you're doing is wasting time and trashing the thread. There are plenty of open minded people who are ready to examine other viewpoints, spend your time with them. Of course, there's a difference between someone who is politely correcting you, and an outright naysayer, I assume we all know the main differences. To me, its almost entirely a matter of respect for your fellow human, and a little bit logic, too. Because it is illogical to try to teach what you believe

to be the truth while openly mistreating your would-be student. Their mind will naturally harden to what it is you have to say. Such a tactic would not make sense to a genuine teacher of truth then. For the student will not have learned anything much. Those watching, however, will have learned that they too would also be mistreated if they say certain things. So this tactic would make sense if your true goal was to have an effect on others reading the thread. If you wanted them to keep their stories

to themselves. But I don't know what type of person would want to do that. So I have to assume that all these knee jerk naysayers who try to tell you how stupid and wrong you are must just have a serious problem with logic. Yet another heck of a reason not to embark on another headache of a conversation with one of these people. Your time is more valuable than that! And plus, you can sometimes accomplish saying just what you want to say by saying nothing at all.

edit on 14-6-2012 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

<< 1  2  3   >>

join