It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many naysayers on this site?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Maybe its because this site is full of paranoid nutballs who run around like chicken little telling everyone the sky is always falling or is going to tell everyone a MAJOR thing is going to happen on *insert date here*??

Maybe its because alot of atsers don't live in realityland?

Maybe its because some atsers claim they are god or an alien or have knowledge that no man or woman has??

Maybe its because some on here are so far off they should see a doctor and get some meds?

If you want to drink the kool aid of others ignorance than go ahead....I have a beer and a cigar.

I don't like the negativity but I don't like stupidity either.

edit on 13-6-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
(Hope this topic is okay to put here. I didn't see any "general talk" forums.)

But, seriously, it seems like no matter what the topic, there are people who come out of the woodwork to tell the OP or anyone who agrees with the OP just how wrong or stupid they are.

If everything perceived and imagined is ignorance than this is the place to be. "Deny Ignorance" has been interpreted to mean "Deny Everything".

Take it for what it is. National Enquirer 2012. And then keep searching for places where the real discussion is taking place. This is a denier's trap. Works well. Huge catch as you've accurately observed!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There's both sides to the coin. We have people with many different beliefs. With the variety of beliefs i'm sure there are some threads out there where you would say something very similar.

Take this nutball..

Whales and Dolphins created earthquake/Tsunami to retaliate against Japans whale and dolphin fishing,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Its because they dont want you to THINK for your self.

2nd

if anything, wouldn't that re-inforce someone to think even harder?
someone denying a perceived truth?

I know if someone told me I was wrong I would look into it to see why they would say that.

Why wouldn't you want to hear those people? that actually makes no sense.
Do you really want to be surrounded by idiots who agree with you all the time??

you need that third party clarification to maintain a legitimate outlook, otherwise you're just biased all the time.

Perhaps I didn't word that very well. I was actualy refering to those who blast people with name calling etc as a previous poster had mentioned.

link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Maybe its because this site is full of paranoid nutballs who run around like chicken little telling everyone the sky is always falling or is going to on *insert date here*??

Maybe its because some atsers claim they are god or an alien or have knowledge that no man or woman has??

Maybe its because some on here are so far off they should see a doctor and get some meds?

If you want to drink the kool aid of others ignorance than go ahead....I have a beer and a cigar.

I think you've missed the point.. but don't worry you aren't alone. you say:

"Maybe its because this site is full of paranoid nutballs who run around like chicken little telling everyone the sky is always falling or is going to on *insert date here*??"

I'd say the nutballs wasting all their time pointing out and criticizing OBVIOUS nutball information FAR outnumber the actual nutballs. This site is 99% mindless "everything" deniers.. Popscience drones and 1% kooks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see
Oh, this topic is just a load of rubbish!

2nd....

LOL!

While there are many people here who are brilliant, there are also those who just have nothing better to do than fling poo across the boards. Some seem to have flag and star envy and flame the OP for posting. It's rather funny actually.

I do appreciate the ones who contribute here with valid, respectful arguments. After all, nobody ever knows the full story until they have seen all sides.

It's easy to ignore the poo flingers and still experience the true value of this site. Just choose not to allow it to get to you and DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

I agree. I'm not going to let the attention-seeking trolls run me off of this site. I think it's awesome. It's just sad to see people attacked endlessly for posting things they've experienced that they may not be able to prove.

I mean I've posted a few things about black helicopters. Can I prove that they actually flew over my neighborhood? No. But it did happen. I should be able to post this stuff without someone attacking me. Now I have had people who respectfully disagreed and people who have offered alternative theories for me to consider. Neither of those bother me. It's just the outright attack on "conspiracy theorists" like we are braindead morons or something.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Maybe its because this site is full of paranoid nutballs who run around like chicken little telling everyone the sky is always falling or is going to tell everyone a MAJOR thing is going to happen on *insert date here*??

I don't like the negativity but I don't like stupidity either.

Sorry but this is a perfect example. Nothing but name-calling and negativity.

1. Paranoid nutballs
2. Don't live in reality
3. Get some meds
4. Drink the kool0aid
5. Stupidity

All because people believe in something that you don't. I don't get where this animosity comes from.

link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I'd say the nutballs wasting all their time pointing out and criticizing OBVIOUS nutball information FAR outnumber the actual nutballs. This site is 99% mindless "everything" deniers.. Popscience drones and 1% kooks.

I think you are half right so i will give you that.

The people who feel the need to slag on someone just because they can are attention seekers...BUT
What about the denying of ignorance though??

As far as the 1% kooks...read the boards on any given day and your math might be a bit off.
Thanks for the reply.

Edit...its great to have an open mind but not so open that your brains fall out.

link   

Originally posted by shaluach
Basically, my point is when I first joined the site, I thought it was a site for people who were into conspiracy theories and things of that nature to come together and discuss things. I thought it was for like-minded individuals. And while I do see a lot of support, I also see A LOT of negative posts and comments from people.

Now you know you were wrong hahaha. Give yourself a pat on the back for acknowledging the truth of what goes down here.

Think of it this way. Imagine a site "Quantum Physics Forums". And then you went there and discovered everyone on the site was arguing about which calculator from the 80's was the best. How many posts from REAL quantum physicists would you expect to see on the site?

ATS would seem to be a place where people discussed in DETAIL real conspiracy and real world mystery.. But instead it's people screaming that a Ghost with a beard is NOT flying around the earth controlling people. Simultaneously expressing their belief that someone actually believes that while expressing their own belief that the idea needs to be exposed as false.

ATS=McDonald's conspiracy forum . And moderators.. not saying that is bad. Sometimes it's fun to eat a big mac.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Reading the boards for this many years.

You asked.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ignore the rude FBI dis-info agents, they are just mad their dis-info isn't working.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah true.. maybe a bit off. kooks make the majority of the threads.. not all. But majority of the replies to the OP's are just a barrage of nonsense. Rather than looking for even a bit of truth or even an interesting point we have a bunch of armchair scientists quoting Scientific America... at best. Or it's "Your a stupid idiot for thinking different things. Everything is fine. My life is fine and obvious so everything throughout history and in the future will be fine and obvious too."

I just wonder sometimes what the real motivation would be to submit post after post stating absolutely nothing. I can understand the crazy person's motivation.. But the deniers of everything.. like why bother? Where is the satisfaction? Like hanging around a school yard telling kindergartners that Santa Claus isn't real and they are stupid for believing otherwise.. Doesn't it get old after awhile?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I notice that this thread brought out posters who are calling others "nutballs" and saying that they are not in reality. Yes, only your reality is relevant. Theirs is to be mocked. Give me an effing break!!!

Alrighty then. Way to prove the OP's point. I really do detest that sort of posting behavior here on ATS. The OP's point is, if you don't really like the thread, or you think it's crazy, what possible good does it do to come on and post something snarky and mean? Does that make you better? Does that prove your supposed superior intelligence?

If you disagree, and have PROOF that your opinion (and most posts are opinion, no doubt about it) is more valid, then put it out there. Add to the discussion and elevate it to an intelligent level. If all you have are insults and those freaking silly emoticons with rolling eyes or laughing-out-loud, then all you are is a jerk. You add nothing but hurt feelings and discord. It also shows you to be petty, cruel, and is a waste of web space.

THAT is the difference between denying ignorance, and being an ass-hat that only other ass-hats appreciate. Someday, somebody will create a website in which the biggest, most rude creeps are the cyber heroes, and some of you will surely be its brightest stars. But for now, save your rude, nasty negativity for sites other than ATS.

There. You naysayers asked for it, and I brought it. As for the ones labeled "not in reality", shine on you crazy diamonds. Love to read everything that is off the beaten track!
edit on 13-6-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

There is a poster in this very thread that i really can't stand.
I have never replied to any of their threads and have never been negative towards them or tried to discourage their beliefs.
Trolls are a dime a dozen....it is all of our responsibility to take the high road when we can and/or be the change we want to see in others on these boards.

The high road isn't for everyone including myself when I have a bad day...we are all human.

I still stick to my first post though because that is my true opinion that I don't get to vent on most days.
This place can be a nuthouse.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Why are there so many naysayers on this site?

It pays the bills, what can I say?

But, seriously, it seems like no matter what the topic, there are people who come out of the woodwork to tell the OP or anyone who agrees with the OP just how wrong or stupid they are.

Some people just can't help themselves. Their day isn't good until they've ruined someone else's. It's a shame, but that's how it is. And if they think they're getting to you, it makes them that much happier.
Ignore them if they aren't breaking the T&C's, and ALERT the mods when they do break them.

Hang around a while, you'll be OK.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes dear, its called opinions and view points and for each of us that represents something different. We debate and we argue and thats what is so great about this site.
If there were no debates going on what a boring website this could turn into.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by rwfresh

There is a poster in this very thread that i really can't stand.
I have never replied to any of their threads and have never been negative towards them or tried to discourage their beliefs.
Trolls are a dime a dozen....it is all of our responsibility to take the high road when we can and/or be the change we want to see in others on these boards.

The high road isn't for everyone including myself when I have a bad day...we are all human.

I still stick to my first post though because that is my true opinion that I don't get to vent on most days.
This place can be a nuthouse.

I think it's time to confront your nemesis. Unless it's me.
hahaha kidding. Especially if it's me.

I'm here strictly for the nuts. Good nuts.. not people denying their own nutness. And that is what i see a lot of here. People pretending not to be interested in conspiracy. Using this forum as a place to declare their disbelief in everything. Don't get me wrong.. it doesn't get me down.. i find it interesting. This place is what it is. Other more focused "conspiracy" discussions are out there for those that want them. Peace!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

It sounds to me like you really dont like this website all that much anyway and you dont have any respect for any of the members here. So why bother logging in.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I reserve the braindead status for the nibiru crowd only.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

And then there is content.
Some conspiracy theories are just more believable than others. Some have more scientific evidence on their side, some have more intellectual evidence on their side.
Some are just so out there that its damn near impossible not to say What the frock. And in those cases where we are all anonomous, why not give a cyber shaking to the ones who are in danger of being led astray by crazy theories or who are spreading crazy theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join