It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence or something more?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I really don't know how to go about writing this all out, as the only post I've ever authored was my intro post...lol. But I'm going to give it a shot. Please bear with me, folks.

Okay, a little background info: I'm a 34 year old woman and I have a brother who is almost 30. Our parents live in a small town about 30 minutes away from where I live. My brother is a problem-child; he has a prescription pain pill problem and is an all-around abusive guy. My entire family is afraid of him. He had lost his job last winter and moved back home with the parents, but got so out of hand and became so abusive towards my mother that she had the police help remove him from her home this last spring. My grandmother gave him the money to move to Florida (we are all located in Oklahoma) just to get him to go away. He went. We all breathed a deep sigh of relief.

Please understand, it's not that we hate him or even dislike him. We dislike what his addiction has done to him and the person he has become as a result of it.

So, he has been in Florida looking for a job and staying with friends for a few months, things have settled back down here at home and all seems to be going well on all fronts. Then, last Wednesday night I had a dream. In my dream, I was standing on my back patio looking out on the wooded field beyond my back yard. As I'm looking, my brother comes into view between the trees. He is dragging his right leg as if it is not working. So he is moving towards me with this sickening lurching motion (I don't know how else to put it) and his eyes are locked on my house and me standing there on the patio. The look on his face is the most terrifying and horrifying part. He looks terrible....it is a look of determination and fury and unbridled insanity. I can't think of a better way to describe it. That look was so menacing and it made my insides go absolutely cold.

Then I woke up in a cold sweat with my heart racing. End of dream. I would also like to mention here that this was the first dream I've ever had where I was actually aware that I was dreaming; even though I was experiencing the dream and all of the emotions that came with it, on some level I also knew that I was in my bed. It was almost like hovering between dreaming and awake. This is also the first dream I've had in years that I have remembered.

But this is where it gets interesting. My mom arrived at my house a couple of hours later, as she was watching my son for the day while I went to work. Now, she had given my brother a cell phone when he lost his job and could no longer afford one. He is still using it and she is still paying the bill. She can activate the gps on the phone and track where the phone is at all times. I told her about the dream that morning when she arrived and we both wrote it off as just a case of me being afraid of him. But that same evening when she went home, she checked the gps on his phone and....he had just arrived back in Oklahoma.

I don't really know what to think about all this. I'm not sure if this was just a strange coincidence or if it's something more. It has also crossed my mind that this dream of his return and his actual return is simply a result of some sort of blood bond/sibling connection type of thing... Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thats quite an interesting story..

Perhaps your dream was showing you the extent of what is going on within him... loss of control, helplessness -- the life of drugs that he's trapped in. Perhaps it was a (subconscious) call for help?

edit on 13-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx

Just for clarification: You think it may have been a cry for help coming from him?

If so, we all tried to get the boy help. My poor mom was absolutely beside herself over him and what to do with him. We talked to the police, we talked to the mental health people, we talked to anyone who would listen. But the bottom line is that, at least here in Oklahoma, we couldn't get him into a rehab or mental health facility that he couldn't just turn around and check himself out of. He is a smart young man and always got each of us alone to intimidate and threaten us - no witnesses. There was no way to get anyone with any authority to commit him to a place that would help him

Is this what you meant?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DustbowlDebutante
reply to post by Isabelx

Just for clarification: You think it may have been a cry for help coming from him?

Is this what you meant?

Quite possibly your subconscience stating how you know he is in danger, and wish there were more you could do to help. However due to the history there may be great fear in helping him only to feel let down and hurt when he is unable to pull through.

OR: Since people can indeed change their ways. Maybe the time is approaching where he can gain enough humility within himself to reach out for help.

Have you thought about starting a dream journal?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

I would take it as an omen. I would watch him very closely while he is in town. Maybe the dragging leg zombie walk means that he is missing something and will stop at nothing to get what he needs. For some reason your dream reminded me of the recent crazy zombie attacks. If bath salts are to blame...big if...hopefully he doesn't become involved with them. Be watchful.
edit on 13-6-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I love the no witnesses part, only because that's what my sister and I went through with my niece's violent behavior. No one believed us. Hospital doesn't even believe anything is wrong with her up where she is at now, because she acting all nice and calm. They haven't seen this child in a dead abyss eye look state where nothing is there. So now they have her in full lockdown mode to try to get a response out of her. Like padded cell lockdown. Whenever she is in the home setting, it's SHTF violentness. But whenever she is in the hospital setting, total angel baby cakes. I hope they figure out what's wrong with her and soon. If she keeps acting the way she does, she's not going to get the help she needs. They are just going to put her in prison. And she needs to be in a hospital not a prison. She lashed out at a boy for stealing her imaginary friend's chair and hurt him real bad. Boy has down's syndrome.

I feel where you are coming from and hope things get better for you.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

My fear in regard to helping him isn't one of being let down. It's a fear of me not giving him money if/when he demands it so he can buy pills and him totally losing it and killing me in front of my 7 year old son. When I say our family is afraid of him, I ain't kidding one bit.

I hope you are correct in that it means he is finally going to try to help himself and get some professional help.

If I have any more dreams that I can remember, I will most certainly start keeping a journal of them. However, since my son was born, I don't seem to dream - at least nothing that I recall. One exception to this is one other terrifying dream (same sense of terror and dread as this one) that happened when my son was about 18 months old. But that one is a whole 'nother thread...lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I too hope that it is a sign that he will get help soon. For the sake of your family, especially his nephew

Good vibes towards you guys!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

Oh believe me, we are watching that gps like nobody's business! In fact, mom found a way to have it text her 4 times per day with the phones location. Of course, that doesn't mean he is with the phone, but it's the best we have to work with...

I don't think he is doing bath salts, but of course I could be totally wrong about that. His usual drug of choice seems to be pain pills. Anytime he goes more than 24 hours without any, he goes into withdrawal...vomiting, sweating, and generally seizures too (he has epilepsy as well). However, recently a few people here in town have told me that it is far worse than we think.

It felt like an omen or a warning, if that makes any sense. That's part of the reason for this thread. It felt like an omen, but that sounded so crazy to me. I've never had anything like this happen before...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I've actually read several of the threads about your neice. Bless your heart! A couple of those made me want to drive down there and get ahold of that girl myself! What are we supposed to do about our loved ones who act like this? Especially when no one will believe you!

My brother was a corrections officer at a private prison for several years, so he knows how to pull off criminally crazy without getting caught. He knows to avoid witnesses, he knows how to act normal, he knows the right answers to the right questions. It's like there are two people in there; there is my little bubba with his goofy sweet smile and demeanor and then there is this vicious-money-pill-monster. Sometimes it's hard for me to wrap my head around it.

I'm still trying to decide whether my dream was just a result of all of these things swimming in my head on an unconcious level and it was just a coincidence that he came back that same day....or.....was this actually some sort of psychic or paranormal event. I know I have never ever had a dream that felt quite like this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

He is going to try to steal something from you.sorry if he is not thief,but thats what the dream means,watch your belongings.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Totally hard, I know. Especially the no witnesses part. That's why I started recording everything. I was like, "Are you kidding me, you just got out of the hospital 3 hours ago and now your going to start right up again."

I think she knows too how to manipulate the system until they let her go. Just can't prove it.

Her proof is, that she is admitted one day later, either by school or parents after her events after being released from the hospital.

So she knows. Right from wrong.

She does have some brain up there to fool everyone.

Mind boggling how no one can see right through it though.

Go with your gut...........He knows.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Actually, that was part of the reason my mom had him removed from her home. He was stealing from her.

Since he arrived back in the state, I have been very diligent in making sure all of my windows and doors are locked whenever I leave the house because he has been known to break into our homes when we are not there. He has done it to me once and to my parents as well.

I'm curious though, how did you come to the conclusion that the dream means he will steal from me?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear about your distress. Dreams when a person is in that inbetween state of consciousness quite often have a predictive quality and it sounds like he could very well feel angry and abandoned and blame all of his problems on the family. The "zombie" symbology could indicate that the person he used to be is dead and all that remains is anger and resentment. Be careful. Although it would cost some money (filing fees in the courthouse) you can get a protective order against him which would allow you to call the police and have him taken away. Just keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DustbowlDebutante
reply to post by LastProphet527

Actually, that was part of the reason my mom had him removed from her home. He was stealing from her.

Since he arrived back in the state, I have been very diligent in making sure all of my windows and doors are locked whenever I leave the house because he has been known to break into our homes when we are not there. He has done it to me once and to my parents as well.

I'm curious though, how did you come to the conclusion that the dream means he will steal from me?

Because I specialize in dreams, and when you said you were aware of you dreaming, those are the ones that are very important, those are the ones that are warnings, warnings from people that have passed, that love you, and will always love you, and will always try to look after you.

The other side of the dream is when you said he was 'limping', that side of the dream is to let you know that your brother is wounded, and that you should take him out to dinner and have a long talk with him,sit down and have a long 'pow wow' with him like things were before the devil tricked his life into drugs and other stuff.

Love over powers all that is evil.He is wounded, a wounded human caught in the sin of life.your the key, dont give up on him...Please!
edit on 13-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Celeste-G

I'm not sure he was a "zombie" per se....as in he didn't look dead. He was very dirty and something was wrong with his right leg. Almost as if it was paralyzed or dislocated so that it no longer functioned. He was just dragging it along and staring/glaring at me. I do think you are quite right about the anger and resentment. He always has a way of taking all of his problems and twisting them until they are someone else's fault. My mom and I have discussed it and we both think there is a possibility of something along the lines of a personality disorder in addition to the addiction.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Honestly, I suspected Zombie too when reading the thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Get a big dog that does not know him! Seriously!

I don't care how big and ugly he is, or sweet as a psycho, he will not get past the dog without hurting himself or the dog (of course this is probably why his leg was messed up).

In this case, I seriously would be dressing my flower beds and having folks commenting on how nice my daisies look (minus the missing headstone).

Please get a restraining order! The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us; whether anyone believes it is drug/chemical induced or not, those who have no soul will be encompassed by demons; they are already lost. I would certainly consider a more spiritual approach as well.

I believe I posted this video before, I cannot imagine this would be any harm to try it, it certainly helped me!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I do know some drugs can bring on a kind of psychosis, but I'm no expert. Be careful of schizophrenia ... males have been known to develop schizophrenia in their late teens or early 20s. It's a horrible disease to have to deal with. Personality disorders are hard to really spot as well. I used to believe that everybody had some good in them ... until I spent two years around a guy who ended up having a diagnosed narcissistic personality disorder and probably another undiagnosed borderline personality disorder. Fun to be around and seemed normal to most people until you got to know him. Look up narcissistic personality disorder on wikipedia. It is a pretty good reference.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Usually when I have dreams that cause enough disturbance in me to remember every detail the next day, it means my subconscious or some spiritual part of me is trying to bring attention about something important. In this case it could be your inner self trying to tell you to be very careful around your brother, like you said he could demand money or something and end up hurting you or your son in retaliation. I have learned your gut feelings whether in dreams or waking state, end up being the best way to gauge how we handle situations. Obviously it was real enough and disturbing enough to make a thread about it, and the fact your brother is back in OK shows that your dream was most likely tied to the event. Trust your instincts and watch your back in case he really does show up out of the woods!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join