It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with Zionism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I really have to ask this question because I keep seeing threads and comments popping up about zionism being bad. I admit, I really didn't understand much about zionism, so I had to look up a little about it.

According the American Heritage Dictionary, it says

" A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel."

So, according to this, those that are against zionism are anti semites and therefore racists? Im just trying to understand the whole thing. The Jewish people have a right to exists as do any class of people.
Also, I don't think most people understand the whole situation anyway, and just jump on the "anti zionist" bandwagon. I could be wrong, but from what I understand, its not a religious thing, but rather a people's right to exist. Im just wondering, and seeking some answers as to why there is so much hatred towards the Jewish people.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Whats wrong with Zionism?,

Why don't you ask Jews against Zionism, or why don't you ask the Palestinian people that have been displaced since WW2. They will clearly explain what's wrong with Zionism. If I tell you what's wrong with Zionism there is the likely possibillity that I will called an anti semite so I won't bother explaining the obvious.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No, I won't call you anything. Im just trying to understand. So why don't you tell me? Unless you are ashamed of the reason you believe so. Seriously, I just want to know.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Zionism- Is a secular nationalism which looked (through the Zionist Organisation) for a homeland for all Jews across the world to gather. It was decided in 1903 after much debate with places as varied as Argentina and Uganda suggested that Palestine, at this time under the nominal control of the Ottoman Empire, should be the place.

Zionism was understandable as a backlash to the the persecution of Jewish sections of the population and in particular in Russia, where the pogroms were vicious and unrelenting. It however inevitably led to conflict with the Arab populace already residing in Palestine and eventually led to the expulsion of around 750,000 Palestinians in 1948 during Israel's birth.

Any nationalism in the long run is a corrosive and dangerous from of governance and thought. The extremists on the Zionist spectrum will end up "destroying"( as in, the Jewish makeup and/or democratic make up of the nation) Israel if they are not curbed and a just peace agreement is reached with the Palestinians.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sorry, I edited my previous post to make it more of a general statement versus being against you. I should have not specifically said you would call me a Jew hater, it's just that when anyone speaks out against Zionism on this site they automatically get labelled an anti semite.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Thank you for your response. I was only trying to understand, and your answer helped. Thank you and have a good day.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Its ok. Thank you for your response as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1

No, I won't call you anything. Im just trying to understand. So why don't you tell me? Unless you are ashamed of the reason you believe so. Seriously, I just want to know.

There is nothing for me to be ashamed of, it's just I've had this discussion countless times and wasn't in the mood to explain in great detail. My best advice is to ask someone who has experienced the pure evil of Zionist extremism such as the Palestinians. Also, Jews against Zionism are good at explaining the downfalls of Zionist extremism. Surely, a Jew, cannot be an anti Semite right?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Veritas1

There is nothing for me to be ashamed of, it's just I've had this discussion countless times and wasn't in the mood to explain in great detail. My best advice is to ask someone who has experienced the pure evil of Zionist extremism such as the Palestinians. Also, Jews against Zionism are good at explaining the downfalls of Zionist extremism. Surely, a Jew, cannot be an anti Semite right?

I believe the OP was asking about Zionism and not Zionist extremism as you keep referencing. They are 2 completely different things.

Countless forms of 'extremism' are completely against what they are originally supporting....some examples are....christian extremism.....muslim extremism. We all know how those turn out.

Zionism is for unity, protection, and preservation of the Jewish people.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The problem is it is a ISM.RacISM,terrorISM,sematISM,extremISM.get my drift?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Zionism =the perfection of Judaism. Full blooded Jews ruling over all on Earth.

Even half blooded Jews are considered dogs and beneath them.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey OP, this book I wrote says I have a right to your house and the land it is on. I have a right to exist, don't I? If you don't agree you are anti semitic. You understand now?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

and I will die defending my house...ahh...I see what you mean now.....

top topics

join