It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Invasion with US Ground Forces

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
reply to post by DevilJonah

I think its definitely an IF.
America was really reluctant to go into WW2, they only go into it because Hitler declared was on them. I don't think a country will, unless America interferes somewhere. I don't think anybody would be that stupid.

Yes, but WWII the Nazis were attempting world domination...now its the US wearing those shoes. Hesitation be damned, the US is LEADING the march.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I disagree. Iran has a much more capable military than Iraq did during 92 and 03. Even in 03 we sent in 150k plus foot soldiers and there were Generals complaining that they wouldve preferred more.
Hell, its all speculation at this point though.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

In this crazy world there is always going to be conflict, you can either sit in the middle of it or manage it and clean up the mess afterwards.

Clean up the mess afterwards??

Like Fukashima? How’s that fallout cleanup going?

Not sure how/if a war with Iran will go down (my crystal ball is in for repair at the moment) but the bottom line is that Iran must not be permitted to acquire nuclear weapons…period. Airstrikes ALONE never work but that doesn't mean getting bogged down in a 10 year conflict. The Iranian military is soft. It will be even softer after some ground pounding.

edit on 12-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's just a matter of time until America invades Iran. Might as well invest in some Halliburton , Aegis, Veritas stock and make a few bucks. It's not really about protecting the homeland or any lofty political ideal....It's about money and keeping the war machine in the black at the taxpayers expense.

www.businesspundit.com...

Putting a few bucks into Bechtel stock might pay off handsomely as well once the troops are actually based in Iran.

edit on 12-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The more I read, the more I'm looking at Syria. With Russia supplying arms that in turn are being used on its own people, the US is going to make a stand. With such close ties, Russia, Syria, China, and Iran, if any interference happens by the US I can almost promise a reaction by Russia and China. So the real question isn't when or if its going to happen, its going to be where its going to happen. The obvious hot spots are Iran, Korea, or Syria. I say US interferes with Syria, triggering a conflict with Russia, who will attempt an invasion of Turkey which will immediately be followed by a strike by Isreal on Iran, S. Korea will launch against the North, thus drawing in the usual suspects...and boom...WWIII

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I really don't know why Iran wants nukes nor what it would do with them.
They want to dominate the world? It is already being dominated by the Vatican and the Rothchild's banks.

So another war; more loss of healthy American men while Iranian citizens get killed and our bombs blow the arms and legs off their children.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

now where did i put that rare bottle of scotch? gulp!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
A massive aerial assualt on Irans nuclear facilities and command and control centers. No regime change therefore no boots on ground (in that manner).

Kind of sounds like people saying the boys would be back by Christmas in WW!. America is still in Afghanistan after how long? Iran would be no walk in the park and would need more than airstrikes.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They will drop massive Bunker Busters to destroy Irans infrastructure. Persia is such a important great place that is of priceless value due to its great history. Much of that history will be destroyed. Persia also has modern beautiful cities. The place will end up looking worse than parts of Libya did.

It will all be for nothing.

When the Persian are attacked they will retaliate with missile strikes on all US military bases in the Middle East. Persian Terror Cells that would already be waiting within the United States and Mexico will make terror attacks on America in retaliation. Russia and China and friends will come to the aid of the Persians. The allies of the United States will abandon them and stand behind China and the BRICS nations.

The United States Government will be defeated. America, Israel and remaining allies will be met by the Russians, Chinese and many others.The Reserve Currency will change hands and we can all put the nightmare that was American Imperialism behind us forever and rise like a reborn pheonix with a fresh new beginning.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No country should be allowed nuclear weapons, but the reality of the situation is that many do. It is not just the issue of Iran, but also with how Iran boarders Russia and China. The thought of these nations neighbouring to a US puppet regime is just going to end in one big fubar. For Iran, North Korea and the others progressing down this road of nuclear capability their primary motive is security, and considering the ongoing heat that has been moving around I can fully understand their concern. The only way this nuclear issue is going to be sorted is through global support, respect and agreement. START has been making some good progress but it is going to take some time as the issue of trust is the most pressing concern. Without trust all we have is paranoia and insecurity and we all should know where this leads. If you are really worried about the situation, then get to the root of the problem - how can we be certain that national boarders and sovereignty will be respected on the global stage. The more we keep killing, the further away we get from these aims until everybody is dead.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The more I read, the more I'm looking at Syria. With Russia supplying arms that in turn are being used on its own people, the US is going to make a stand. With such close ties, Russia, Syria, China, and Iran, if any interference happens by the US I can almost promise a reaction by Russia and China. So the real question isn't when or if its going to happen, its going to be where its going to happen. The obvious hot spots are Iran, Korea, or Syria. I say US interferes with Syria, triggering a conflict with Russia, who will attempt an invasion of Turkey which will immediately be followed by a strike by Isreal on Iran, S. Korea will launch against the North, thus drawing in the usual suspects...and boom...WWIII

I can’t disagree with you…

This is a high stakes chess game. The thing to keep in mind is that this game has been going on for decades…this is nothing new….and we’re still here. America’s biggest problems IMO is the same problem every other developed country has; NWO agenda and the willingness of our elected officials to be bought. If we can stop that, a lot of the other crap would work itself out.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The only way this nuclear issue is going to be sorted is through global support, respect and agreement.

You do know that Iran violated the NPT right?

Another example of making concessions to IDIOTS that has come back to bite us in the A#$.

The more we keep killing, the further away we get from these aims until everybody is dead.

Killing is a means to an end…not the problem. You protect sovereignty by killing and preventing yourself from being killed. Keeping nutjobs who can’t be trusted (Iran et al in the ME) is a way of protecting OUR sovereignty here in US. Blocking relationships that threaten our security (Syria, Iran, Russia, China, N.Korea, etc) is protecting our sovereignty. Maybe it’s YOU who doesn’t see the root of the problem?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A ground invasion would be hard. When looking at the terrain in Iran, one would think the USA would be a very very big disadvantage.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
"If" the U.S. were to attack Iran it would primarily be an aerial campaign, taking out all military and related targets. There would simultaneously probably be some M.E.F. landings along the Persian Gulf to take out Iran's ability to attack the straits of Hormuz and take out Iran's Oil Exports. Odds are, you won't see lots of boots and tanks on the ground, just enough to hold vital areas along the coast.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Most of the "drawdown" that your talking about actually just moved troops and material out of Iraq/Afghanistan and into neighboring friendly countries like United Arab Emerates and Kuwait.

Just so you know

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Grnd penetrating nukes? Are you seriously suggesting that the USA will nuke Iran? Especially when the blowback would irradiate the entire region and kill untold millions?
No. Just no. It the USA attempted to use a nuclear warhead to stop Iran because they are allegedly developing nuclear weapons then it defeats the purpose of the war and will lead to retaliation from India, Pakistan, China and Russia. If the USA used nuclear weapons then they would be facing unprecedented opposition and hatred from both the West and East. They would alienate all but the staunchest allies and turn the worlds populace against them. For all the USAs military strength do you honestly believe it can square off against the ENTIRE world? No.
If the USA nuke Iran the blow back would infect Pakistan and India who have long range missiles and nuclear weapons as well as Turkey, Israel and Russia who all have nukes too.
Turkey and Israel are allies with NATO so the treaties and alliances would force the rest of NATO and Europe to fight the US.
As soon as one county dares to use 'the bomb' it has effectively committed suicide and face the full, unbridled rage of the entire human race.

Within days of the 'bomb' being used over 1 billion people would be calling for the death of the USA and whoever agreed to using a nuclear weapon.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Im not doubting you but this is one topic that i would like to see some feedback on (not from ATS member's opinions but from actual sources). How exactly does Iran's current military stack up against Iraq from 1991? Baghdad was (by all factual counts) the worlds most hevaily defended city and it was absolutely decimated. Im just wondering how Iran is (and no im not talking about their supposed flying saucers and flying boats they claim to have) but actual stuff.

Originally posted by Juggernog

I disagree. Iran has a much more capable military than Iraq did during 92 and 03. Even in 03 we sent in 150k plus foot soldiers and there were Generals complaining that they wouldve preferred more.
Hell, its all speculation at this point though.

edit on 12-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious

I think its definitely an IF.
America was really reluctant to go into WW2, they only go into it because Hitler declared was on them. I don't think a country will, unless America interferes somewhere. I don't think anybody would be that stupid.

Duh didnt Tojo bomb pearl????or was that a false flag op?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I actually AM suggesting that because a ground penetrating nuke wouldnt provoke the traditional images of a nuke attack. No mushroom cloud, not hitting cities but military installations, radiation that should be relatively contained due to earth collapsing in on itself etc. A nuke attack but not a "nuke attack" that the kids on here picture in their comic books with the big mushroom cloud and cities vaporized. We're talking deep underground explosions of low kiloton yield strength.

If you're thinking Hiroshima or Nagasaki youre not even close.

Originally posted by Trajan
reply to post by princeofpeace

Grnd penetrating nukes? Are you seriously suggesting that the USA will nuke Iran? Especially when the blowback would irradiate the entire region and kill untold millions?
No. Just no. It the USA attempted to use a nuclear warhead to stop Iran because they are allegedly developing nuclear weapons then it defeats the purpose of the war and will lead to retaliation from India, Pakistan, China and Russia. If the USA used nuclear weapons then they would be facing unprecedented opposition and hatred from both the West and East. They would alienate all but the staunchest allies and turn the worlds populace against them. For all the USAs military strength do you honestly believe it can square off against the ENTIRE world? No.
If the USA nuke Iran the blow back would infect Pakistan and India who have long range missiles and nuclear weapons as well as Turkey, Israel and Russia who all have nukes too.
Turkey and Israel are allies with NATO so the treaties and alliances would force the rest of NATO and Europe to fight the US.
As soon as one county dares to use 'the bomb' it has effectively committed suicide and face the full, unbridled rage of the entire human race.

Within days of the 'bomb' being used over 1 billion people would be calling for the death of the USA and whoever agreed to using a nuclear weapon.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
A massive aerial assualt on Irans nuclear facilities and command and control centers. No regime change therefore no boots on ground (in that manner).

The only "boots" we should be taking about are the steel toed boots rammed up Washinton's #. How long are we going to continue to submit and pay taxes to an out-of-control criminal enterprise that is victimizing a significant portion of the freakin' globe?

Had enough of this BS yet?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join