It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Records Odd Geomagnetic sounds....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was doing my usual digging and came across this article where it actually plays a recording of geomagnetic sounds picked up by the HAARP array.

Now I know some of you have your reservations about what HAARP actually does, so do I in a small sense. However, it also has the ability to record these frequency changes in the upper Ionosphere due to solar interference and Earths magnetic changes in the shield around Earth.

Not sure what it is exactly as its the first time I have heard such a thing in such a way that's not back ground static (for lack of a better term).

Take a Listen here and tell me what you think.....

Article pulled from here

This is important to me, because it is my belief that magnetism is more important in the galaxy then say...gravity. It is also my belief that changes in the Earths magnetosphere and the recent weakening of it are due to something more sinister developing at the core level pushing up. That compounded with the suns increase in flare activity, it only spells a recipe for disaster. To me, all of these weird Earth stories of strange sounds and such are connected.

Past Info regarding this idea

And here

HAARP basically is a large funneled radio wave antenna that has the ability to transmit high wattage low ELF waves in the upper atmosphere of the Earth thus being able to monitor and interact with said frequency it is currently set to. (like tuning a radio). I feel it has other capabilities, but that's not what this thread is about. It's about HAARP technology and the science behind these sound waves that it records.

HAARP Data

Any input you could contribute as to what would distort these waves being recorded in such a fashion would be awesome sauce.....*cough*....*cough*....Phage...*cough*

edit on 12-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Those recordings sounded pretty cool.

Almost like birds chirping.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Right, but because its new to our ears....is it considered normal? And could HAARP be used to tell us when we're in trouble with the Earths protective barrier magnet?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Well, I don't know enough about it to tell you.

I just thought it sounded cool and neat.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2012 by Sek82 because: double post

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I noticed they've been a bit active lately. Check out 10 June around 18:00 - 22:00. It's patterns like these that catch my attention when I see the magnetometer because they are not solar winds and have a distinct pattern to it lasting four hours. Odds are it's another boring experiment of theirs... Or they are cooking up a storm somewhere.

Edit to add: Some of them sound like "whistlers", but the haarp audio playback is covering 24 hours in 20 seconds so the whistling here won't be lightning induced.

As far as the wave patterns, not positive but I think when you see that sort of effect or shorter duration spikes, it tends to be solar winds. The more distinct/sharper patterns are more likely HAARP activity.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There is no recording of "geomagnetic sounds". Magnetism does not make sound. What has been done is to convert geomagnetic activity into sounds at a frequency we can hear. The same thing as converting things like the radio signals from various planets to audible frequencies. www.nasa.gov...

HAARP basically is a large funneled radio wave antenna that has the ability to transmit high wattage low ELF waves in the upper atmosphere of the Earth thus being able to monitor and interact with said frequency it is currently set to

False. I think...it's pretty hard to make any sense out of that sentence.
HAARP transmits high frequency radio.
What do you mean "funneled"?
What do you mean "interact with said frequency it is currently set to"?
In any case, the magnetometer has nothing to do with the high frequency transmitter. It is a separate instrument which monitors geomagnetic activity. It has nothing to do with the upper atmosphere.

Any input you could contribute as to what would distort these waves being recorded in such a fashion would be awesome

Geomagnetic activity caused by solar activity would be a good place to start but if you want to hear something really "strange" try listening to the recording from 9/4/2004.

The "breach" in the magnetosphere was, and is, a temporary phenomenon. It is actually more like a tunnel than a hole. It occurs from time to time when the solar wind has a north orientation and is short lived.

edit on 6/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There is no recording of "geomagnetic sounds".

I was wondering why sound and EMF were being linked together. Glad someone else questioned it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Can anyone explain how this works please,HAARP as I understand it is just a simplex radio TRANSMITTER and can't be used as a radio receiver?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is no recording of "geomagnetic sounds". Magnetism does not make sound. What has been done is to convert geomagnetic activity into sounds at a frequency we can hear. The same thing as converting things like the radio signals from various planets to audible frequencies. www.nasa.gov...

HAARP basically is a large funneled radio wave antenna that has the ability to transmit high wattage low ELF waves in the upper atmosphere of the Earth thus being able to monitor and interact with said frequency it is currently set to

False. I think...it's pretty hard to make any sense out of that sentence.
HAARP transmits high frequency radio.
What do you mean "funneled"?
What do you mean "interact with said frequency it is currently set to"?
In any case, the magnetometer has nothing to do with the high frequency transmitter. It is a separate instrument which monitors geomagnetic activity. It has nothing to do with the upper atmosphere.

Any input you could contribute as to what would distort these waves being recorded in such a fashion would be awesome

Geomagnetic activity caused by solar activity would be a good place to start but if you want to hear something really "strange" try listening to the recording from 9/4/2004.

The "breach" in the magnetosphere was, and is, a temporary phenomenon. It is actually more like a tunnel than a hole. It occurs from time to time when the solar wind has a north orientation and is short lived.

Now see, someone who knows what they're talking about....that wasn't so hard......

I mean funneled because you have an array of antennas shunting power to one point, and yes, it is basically low freq AM band type radio waves that's emitted from the array and carried or bounced across the ionosphere..and when magnetic bands smashes into another band of polarity I assure you it makes a sound...albeit not one that we can recognize with our ears...but a sound no less. And the Earth does emit a radio frequency that can be tuned into, we've been doing so for years..some call it static.

If i do further digging I'm sure I can find the article that connects earths radio frequency to earths magnetosphere polarity bands and the interaction of a solar wind type compression on the magnetosphere..

Translating the activity to a sound we can hear is just another way of learning what is and isn't normal in that process. Your basically hearing the end result any way you look at it. And you are correct it does funnel, the connection magnetically goes in a whirling motion.

Im pretty tired at this point so if it doesn't make sense, Ill have to reword later.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

it is basically low freq AM band type radio waves that's emitted from the array and carried or bounced across the ionosphere
No. HAARP transmits at between 2.8 and 10 Mhz. As I said, that is high frequency, it is not low frequency. The signal can be modulated by frequency or amplitude (FM or AM) or neither.
The signal from HAARP is not bounced across the ionosphere. Depending on the frequency being used the signal is absorbed at a given altitude within the ionosphere.

magnetic bands smashes into another band of polarity I assure you it makes a sound...albeit not one that we can recognize with our ears...but a sound no less.

No. No sound. But HAARP does not produce "magnetic bands", it produces high frequency electromagnetic radiation (radio waves).

And you are correct it does funnel, the connection magnetically goes in a whirling motion.

I did not say it funnels, you did. What "connection" are you talking about?

I'm sorry but you seem to know as little about HAARP as the guy who made the video knows about the magnetometer.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

That was an interesting day watching the induction magnetometer, I saw that when it was a couple of hours old.....Im not sure what it means, if anything, but there are certain structured elements that appeared in the image, like the horizontal lines. Those probably are not anything natural like a CME....

My GUESS is that those bars are from a magnetic space scanning device. Those bars are what got me started loking at HAARP daily, because the frequency of their appearance is irregular so they stood out.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wish I could take a class, with Phage as the teacher. THAT would be the the best money ever spent to learn from the master.
Well, whoever recorded these sounds from where ever they may have come, you have to admit, it is rather strange. I understand how using these recordings help us understand the interaction between the sun and our geomagnetic 'shield' as it were to prevent the surface from frying. I listened to a lecture a few years ago that explained how the magnetic poles of the planet switch polarity, and it happens pretty much on a regular basis, as seen by the magnetic orientation striated in the beds of oceans. My question is this then.... what could have caused such a disruption in the ionosphere as to read so differently?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

I understand how using these recordings help us understand the interaction between the sun and our geomagnetic 'shield' as it were to prevent the surface from frying.

The magnetosphere actually doesn't protect us from solar radiation nearly as much as the atmosphere does. Without the magnetosphere a slight increase in radiation would occur at low latitudes but the surface would not be "fried".

I listened to a lecture a few years ago that explained how the magnetic poles of the planet switch polarity, and it happens pretty much on a regular basis, as seen by the magnetic orientation striated in the beds of oceans.

Magnetic reversals have occurred on a very irregular basis.

My question is this then.... what could have caused such a disruption in the ionosphere as to read so differently?

The effects of the solar wind interacting with the magnetosphere.

The video shows couple of examples then goes on the claim that there is something unusual going on. There isn't. It is not unusual for a narrow band, increasing (or decreasing) signal to appear.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Many thanks for the help, Phage. It seems I have much more research to do. You're always a bastion of knowledge in a miasma of ignorance.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
Can anyone explain how this works please,HAARP as I understand it is just a simplex radio TRANSMITTER and can't be used as a radio receiver?

Ok,so no one answered my question,HAARP is just a transmitter and not a receiver right?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wooooppp you got me there chief!

Goading information from you can sure be a chore, I had to make sure i was wrong enough to push the details....thanks for playing!

You have given me more specifics on what I was looking for. Granted, I could have just asked....but if your not having fun, what fun are ya?

In all seriousness I understand its a dirty tactic yet for the sake of soliciting information from those that are truly passionate about their beliefs and understandings..a little bit of showmanship must commence to grab that belief in the rawest form.

After all my specialty has nothing to do with physics, mine lays more along the lines of the human mind. I applaud you sir for being a good sport. You have always been very informative in these matters, I wanted to ensure that you were riled enough to participate as sometimes your response to some threads is .....lacking. Especially when your the most qualified person here to answer them.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just thought id throw this out there, keep in mind I have met this man once. And he seemed very lucid.

Im not saying Phage is wrong, because I believe he is right about a great many things and he is a trove of great information. Phage is very very good at what he does and I take what he says as gospel 99% of the time and so should you. (Sorry to use you as an example Phage, you are highly respected and I mean no offense)

Yet could it be, that there are some things we don't entertain because we were taught not to? Or are not privy to in the basis that we accept anyones explanation at face value just because we trust their authority on the matter?

So unless Phage works at HAARP specifically, I think even he should realize that there is no way for sure to fully understand what HAARP truly is in its purest form and what it's capable of. Sure there's the public aspect of it. Only what about the human equation as we are not always told the whole story.

Are the sounds normal? Dont know....

Am I interested in what HAARP might be capable of outside what we publicly know it as being? You betcha (to quote Palin).

Again feel free to add insight...and if it seems like Im being staunch or pompous, its on purpose...Im kind of cryptic that way but its for a good cause in the end.

edit on 13-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join