It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Russia sending Syria attack helicopters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
just read this on RT:

www.rt.com...

That’s exactly the point that I’m making. General Dempsey, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has opposed a military intervention into Syria, into Iran precisely for this reason. That once you start these kinds of interventions, especially in those countries, you’re going past a point of simple combat. You’re threatening the danger of nuclear war. Because President Putin and others have made very clear they will not agree to a UN Security Council [resolution] for such intervention. The military right now is saying ‘NO, NO, NO! Don’t stick us in another one of these situations, we don’t want this, and if you do, this thing could escalate to an actual nuclear war, and we’re opposed to this.’ So I would say that the military right now is probably more sane and more thoughtful in defending the interests of the United States than President Obama is at this moment.

From Lawrence Freeman executive intelligence review.

Lets see if the Military have enough balls to oppose the Presidents request and make a stand and kick him out of Office by Force for the better good of the world at large?

Guys,

Russia is not stupid. They would not be standing their ground just for the sake of Syria and their Port at Tatarus if they knew for certain that Assad was attacking civilians. You can guarantee that Russia wouldnt want to be seen supporting that kind of person, regardless what the Western media say.

Russia has had representatives the last few months in Damascus overseeing what Asad has been doing and overseeing the situation in Syria to report back to Russia the real facts on the ground so Russia can make the right decisions.

This decision to send attack helicopters you can bet was not done lightly and they DO understand the risk involved.

They also understand that the uprising and insurgency is Western backed, not a genuine insurgency and that is what their motivation is.....to put down this Western Financed mercanary army that is slaughtering all these civilians in Syria.

Go get em Russia!

(Im not a russian supporter normally but someone needs to take the moral high ground in this situation, and it aint gonna be anyone from the west)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
And were off:

Russia's Lavrov accuses US of arming Syrian rebels to fight against government - @Reuters

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus
So lets do this. Maybe it's time for the US to mobilize its reserve fleet (70 ships), refit the mothballed fleet (with its' several carriers), pull our thousand M113s out of storage to go with our 6,000+ Bradleys and Abrams, activate the reserve army, call up the inactive reserves, institute the draft, put ship and weapons construction on 24 hour shifts, double our efforts on the black projects, get the space planes back into orbit with their secret payloads, and settle this sh** once and for all. Maybe we'll get lucky and have a few allies help out.

The war to end all wars. Don't stop until China and Russia can't feed themselves without a handout. Then get ruthless.

You think China will lend you the money to destroy them? How you gonna pay for the war outlined above. The Mother of all wars.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

wheres the link? I cannot find it onn Reuters website

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

‘US has no moral right to lecture Russia on weapons’
13 June, 2012

Russia’s state-owned defense export company, responding to claims made by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, said it is not supplying attack helicopters to Syria, while a Russian expert said the US has no moral authority to lecture to Russia.

The sole intermediary agency for Russia's export and import of defense-related products, Rosoboronexport, refusing to comment directly on the statement made by Hillary Clinton, did offer that the company does not supply military equipment to foreign countries that fall under international sanctions.

"Rosoboronexport as a state intermediary of the Russian Federation does not supply to foreign countries weapons and military equipment in breach of the UN Security Council requirements and other international agreements," an official representative of Rosoboronexport told Interfax-AVN on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Konstantin Makiyenko, deputy director of the Center for Strategies and Technologies Analysis, said the US has no moral right to lecture Russia on weapons supply to Syria, adding that the helicopters Clinton was talking about likely underwent maintenance in Russia.

"Even if we assume that combat helicopters are now indeed being passed to Syria, this action would not at all contradict the current norms of international law dealing with weapons trade," Makiyenko told Interfax-AVN on Wednesday.

The Russian analyst went on to say that the United States, which provides military weapons to many global hot spots, has no right to lecture Russia on the subject.

The US "sells huge amounts of weapons to the repressive Saudi regime, which took part in the tough suppression of peaceful Shiite protests against the despotic regime in Bahrain," Makiyanko said. "Systematic suppression of the opposition takes place in Saudi Arabia. The US has no moral right to lecture Russia on who should get weapons and who should not."

Robert Bridge, RT

rt.com...

Eat that P.S.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh yeah....RT.... that completely unbiased organ of the Russian state- must be true then....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I applaud Russia's stance. They have been demonized by the West for opposing any military interventions that subsequently destroyed nations, Libya is the best example. Russia opposed any UN intervention and was eventually convinced to allow a 'No Fly Zone' over Libya. Then what happened? NATO airstrikes utterly obliterated Gaddafi's defences and allowed the rebels to launching increased ground assaults... Now, months later, we are seeing the effects of disposing Gaddafi; namely the split in the nation and fraction of the countries rebel military.

Even without inside intervention the Syrian conflict has been less bloody than the Libya scenario.

Russia and China NEED Iran if they are to have any hope of opposing the growing strength of the USA and EU.
The West has pushed eastern nations around for far too long and don't expect any repercussions but Iran will back Syria with possible military strikes on US Mid Eastern forces which will lead to Western retaliation and ultimately, Russia and China's entry to the conflict.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If you ask me, sending those choppers makes NATO intervention less likely. NATO acts when the target has a hard time punching back but when the foe can throw a real punch and has a big brother? well suddenly they are not as big and bold.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We elect officials to speak for the masses, its unfortunate that a war that NO US Citizens want is somewhat inevitable.....If POTUS listened to its citizens there would be no conflict... And Im assuming the same goes for Russia citizens. No one wants this war, but a hanful of sick/twisted people who have TOO much power... I have nothing against Russian people, or even their military, I dont care to fight them.... Here in the US we've given the leaders too much power, they basically can do whatever they want while withholding key information because all us citizens are on a "need to know basis"......

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

and its legal to print propaganda in USA thanks to NDAA.US media crediblity is lower than sorcha faal now.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Tweet from reuters:

US Secretary of State: Russia risking its vital interests in Middle East if it does not move forward more constructively on Syria - @Reuters

Threats or promises.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
I guess that all that is needed is for China to be accused of supplying arms and that will allow US/NATO intervention.

Wish UN meant something.

UN DOES stand for something......... utterly newtered (sorry I don't no how to spell it but the thoughts what counts
)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Mi-24 Hinds and Mi-28 Havocs would be nice support to those who feel lucky enough just enough to have a full mag of 7.62X39mm for their AKs. Or did the Russians go with the Ka-50 Hokum? Not sure but if NATO decides to send support maybe we`ll get a good pic of some Russian birds in formation with some AH-64s.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

G'day Trajan
Re "I applaud Russia's stance. They have been demonized by the West for opposing any military interventions that subsequently destroyed nations, Libya is the best example. Russia opposed any UN intervention and was eventually convinced to allow a 'No Fly Zone' over Libya. Then what happened? NATO airstrikes utterly obliterated Gaddafi's defences and allowed the rebels to launching increased ground assaults... Now, months later, we are seeing the effects of disposing Gaddafi; namely the split in the nation and fraction of the countries rebel military. "

Proof that in the ME the more things change, the more things stay the same. I see the ME as the most untrustworthy place on earth. Yeah, I know, TPTB are spread throughout the world, but my view is NOT just about TPTB but more about the DNA of the complete area. I couldn't even hazard a guess at the number of ME 'ers that give the idea of "trust me" and as soon as my back was turned, well, you go figure, cause even though my experience is only a personal view (ie anactdotal) it's very REAL for me
So imo, EVERYBODY should just get out and let them settle their own family sh*t fight.

edit on 13/6/12 by steve1709 because: after thought to round off comment

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hopefully it is the Ka-52 helicopters, those things are gonna rip the rebel terrorists a new one..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

UN = Ultimately Nothing

USA = Unrestricted Strategic Aggresion

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join