It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Russia sending Syria attack helicopters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

yeah lets drop a few moabs near the gremlin!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

yeah lets drop a few moabs near the gremlin!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Social programs? LOL. There would be no one without a job. Pay would be in the form of a gallon of gas per week, a cup of wheat, a cup of rice, and a half pound of beans per person. I imagine the legal age to work would fall to about 14 since every able bodied male would be drafted. In Germany and England there was even no barbers during the war. Even clothes became scarce as every stitch of wool and cotton went to clothe the troops.

While the US mainland would likely escape total destruction (barring a nuclear confrontation) I'd bet that the Russians or Chinese would get a piece of us somehow.

Economies shattered. An entire generation wiped out. Environmental devastation on an unprecedented scale. I can only imagine a half dozen or more nuclear powered ships at the bottom of the ocean. Millions of rounds of depleted uranium everywhere. Tankers torpedoed.

It would be a bad time. I can assure you I was not serious in my comment about "Lets do this."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by murch

Why oh why do you think the US policies have anything at all to do with our power?The wars have drawn US power down to dangerous levels.Heavy armor is being replaced with light forces as we speak.Obama takes orders from the UN to police the world.
Gulf War 1:Saddam violated a UN mandate as he did with using WMDs hence Gulf War 2
We asked for permission when we attacked Al Qaida in Afghanistan we didn't disobey any law,they are terrorists. So we trumped up a villian and hit him.
Now the UN wants Syria and Iran pacified,hence the lynch pin of the claims of WMDs you are seeing.

You mean heavy armor like the Bradley being replaced with that clunker Stryker vehicle? What a piece of junk!
I read a report that claimed the M113 should be reworked and put back into production. It is light enough to be air mobile. It forded water, too. It would make a fine general purpose track (ambulance, command, even APC when Bradleys aren't around)) at low cost. And unlike the Stryker, it doesn't get stuck in wet grass.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Syrian rebels are using the civilians as human shields also.. From what I have been seeing, they couldn't care less if civilians die as long as the Assad regime is blamed for it and their agenda continues to fluorish with the backing of the west.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure which reports coming out of that country to believe.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Next step:

USA will arm the terrorists with stingers.

We have all seen this before, I wonder where...

Clinton is just pissed that she didn't get her NATO bombs to be dropped and that Assad may now have some sort of an advantage over the terrorists.
edit on 083030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jun 2012 20:10:00 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Russia has been supplying Syria with arms for a long time. Most Middle Eastern countries use Russian equipment in their militaries. There's nothing new about this, except the timing with all the fighting going on right now.

Well done for pointing out the obvious

Point is.. is its in the mists of a civil war

When ever does a fire engine turn up to a blazing house with people trapped screaming inside, and throw fuel over the fire?

Never.. not in a sane normal world where common sense "should" prevail this is a total failure and a complete disgrace if this goes ahead, there are people dying every minute of the day in Syria and all you idiots can do is justify more arms going into a war zone where women & children are being killed, where people are having to fight for change in there country, it really does make me sick

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Next step:

USA will arm the terrorists with stingers.

We have all seen this before, I wonder where...

Clinton is just pissed that she didn't get her NATO bombs to be dropped and that Assad may now have some sort of an advantage over the terrorists.
edit on 083030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jun 2012 20:10:00 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Do you think it would be ok if mass protests in your own country was shot at and killed for wanting change ?

Do you think it would then be ok for your governments allies to give your government weapons to kill you ?

I'm sure you would love that, then again it would be easy enough to brainwash you with conspiracy's that you're in fact fighting with terrorists, you'd be back and fourth over the front line like a headless chicken not knowing who to believe until you was shot

edit on 12-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
I guess that all that is needed is for China to be accused of supplying arms and that will allow US/NATO intervention.

Wish UN meant something.

The UN has been irrelevant ever since it was the League of Nations.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
The Syrian rebels are using the civilians as human shields also.. From what I have been seeing, they couldn't care less if civilians die as long as the Assad regime is blamed for it and their agenda continues to fluorish with the backing of the west.

Interesting... What is the Agenda of the Rebels in Syria ?

And can you also tell me how it all started?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Gog and Magog?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
What if Russia was supplying weapon in Canada
to foreign terrorist group and local terrorist sleeping cells to remove the regime in place
and there is a civil war going on in the country for more then a yrs because of that

Pretty sure the USA would send attack helicopters and help their ally (harpers government)
and would have helped from the start and probably go to war
if they found who is behind this war paying for all these weapons and foreign mercs
arriving from all neighboor country just to kill to make it look like Harper did it

By sending those military helicopters ..
Russia just declared war on those terrorists that wants to topple Assad
having such chaos near their border is a risk for their national security
and will help Assad and Iran if anyone dare to intervene
China probably waits until Putin give the orders when the time comes to go against the USA

The USA took a big risks to arms and organise this undercover war in Syria
Russia and China will make the US and Israel pay for bringing
such chaos and mass murder near their border

They wanted to be sure about their inteligence on the Syria situation
pretty sure by now Russia or China knows who has been organising this undercover war

You though the cold war was cold ? must be pretty cold right about now ..

OMG

Let get i right please...

Those terrorists are not terrorists

Those terrorist are the peaceful protesters as they was in every other middle eastern country "protesters" who wanted change and had revolutions and unlike those other countries where there leaders stepped down during there own revolutions to allow for a PEACEFUL transition of power, Assad decided to shot those protesters who are now rebels in the mists of a civil war, they are now "terrorist" because it propaganda to make it ok to kill those people, and now Russia is arming Assad to make sure he remains in power

You're nearly there, but a little bit more understanding of the situation is need tho

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
OP, read "Alas Babylon". It was written over 50 years ago and describes the current situation well. I was amazed to see a reference in the book to the Russian base in Syria. Apparently back then it was a much bigger deal. Maybe it still is and it is just not being talked about. Anyway, this has all been written. Word of advice, invest in pork & beans - like maybe 500 cans. And get yourself a good pair of shades and never take them off.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I know that you are joking. The "protesters" in Syria are not even from Syria. They are committed though. Anyone who will murder hundreds of women and children and then blame it on the other side learned well the lessons taught to them by their CIA and Mossad contacts.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Actually Russians have had a lot of experience and the counter insurgency in Chechnya only ended in 2009, no doubt the US has had more experience with Afghanistan and Iraq, but do you really believe a war between US and Russia is going to be fought on the ground with out using any of those huge nuke arsenals?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

If i thought that nuke would start flying i'd move to tasmainia, mybe even NZ well it would have to
be pretty seriuose for that

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
US and NATO might decide it's time for a No-Fly Zone if they use air power on
there civilian

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

And you think that Russia WOULDN'T try to sell them MORE weapons now? Yes, they're fighting now, but it just makes sense that when you supply weapons to someone, you try to sell them more when they're using more of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

All this war mongering for 11 years was bound to wear out someones patience sometime, right?

Their moral compass lost, rudder of TRUE LEADERSHIP lost in the storm of "consolidation of wealth" by international bankers.. the "west" has slogged on for profit and gain for a minute few...

But mostly to formulate the type of society THEY want after the storm blows over... which means it ends when the NWO decides it is over..and NOT before.

In this storm are the shrieks and howls of the depopulation banshees... and currency "reform" Nottingham ghouls; and the noxious gas of "global warming zombies" exhaled breath.

President Putin spoke frankly at a economic meeting in Berlin a few months ago.

He was quite blunt in his speech and words that he chose. He spoke of how the world will not tolerate the making of everyone the same..paraphrasing here.. He was appearing to come out against the NWO and all this Arab Spring stuff..etc, etc..

This was before he became President, but knew he was going be the man in a short while.

And historically, they have started up global conflicts to take the peoples attention off of the dirty tricks "they" are pulling..and the economic strife; so the peons are too busy just trying to stay alive..etc.

The race was/is on.. it seems.. to the riots in the streets from the masses pissed off at ineffectual tyrannical government (IE: DHS's purchase of 450 million Glock .40 HOLLOW POINT rounds, and bullet proof booths)... OR global war to make everybody fly right, and the excuse to become more controlling and draconian. ( USA and gang VS CHINA & RUSSIA) ...

TWO bootheels for every neck... and sign the papers please old man...

Dark times are charging towards mankind... led by the Elite few.. financed by even fewer...

Hang on, prepare... get to where you want to be if you can, now, or soon as possible..
I think the nutbags are gonna do it this time.. Syria is the line drawn in the sand by Putin..

And frankly it should surprise nobody..

Pravdaseeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join