It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Russia sending Syria attack helicopters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Can't help thinking that this is being blown out of all proportion.

Weapons procurement can take place over long periods, years in the case of things like warships.

I think this was likely a long standing order for the helicopters, probably negotiated months ago, and are now just being delivered, unfortunate timing that it should coincide with Syria's internal strife...

To see this delivery as part of an escalation to world war three is for those with an over active imagination, methinks.

Too many people on ATS seem to revel in the idea of world war three, and all that it would imply.

Don't wish too hard, it may come one day, and you won't like it .....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

you clearly are unaware.The rebellion is an islamist al qaeda muslim brotherhood one with turks sheltering and training the islamists.

Read sources other than western propaganda.Printing propaganda is now legal in USA.
edit on 13-6-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

No, no ground pounding true......nuke fest 2012 it is...and they're selling tickets.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I don't want NATO to intervene in Syria, but how can Russia still pretend it's taking the moral high ground after this, and they accuse the west of profiteering from misery, they are doing exactly the same thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Why would Turkey shelter Islamists, when they are a secular Democracy?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus
I'm not entirely sure which reports coming out of that country to believe.

I agree, some people on here have some interesting theories, but in the end they are just theories, none of us truly know what is going on inside Syria, even if we think we do:-)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hillary is just mad that since Assad may stay in power they may not be able to attack Iran and steal their oil because Syria is the gateway to Iran.

Also Israel (the country with 200 nukes) is also getting worried because Assad has majority support and still has not fallen and their war with Iran might not happen

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Prime minister Erdogan is an islamist with sympathies for Muslim brotherhood. Check Erdogan's islamic sympathies.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

What a dumb thing to write. Going to war with these countries is a very bad idea. The reason why Nato wont attack Syria, is thayt Syria would put up a stiff fight. Countries like Italy and France Etc cant afford to loose aircraft etc. And as for China. Dont they pretty much own your fat person country.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Is this because of the poem he read out, that was banned, the guy basically rebuilt Istanbul, and has made many secular and modern reforms in Turkey, not to mention many of the inroads he has tried to end the conflict with the Kurds. He is indeed a Muslim but hardly an Islamist.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee

Originally posted by Erectus
I'm not entirely sure which reports coming out of that country to believe.

I agree, some people on here have some interesting theories, but in the end they are just theories, none of us truly know what is going on inside Syria, even if we think we do:-)

I think we can all agree on one thing. Both sides have outside help. If your in charge its assistance. Otherwise its terrorism.

Shminkee Pinkee has anyone suggested anusol for the mood issue. LOL.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Finally someone feels my pain :-)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Im not gonna feel them dude. Push them back in yourself.

Nearly spilt my coffee when I clocked it. Nice one.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Islam and Justice

Erdogan, who grew up in Turkey’s Islamic political parties, was shaped by his personal and political roots in Islam. He sees the world as controlled by the non-Muslim West, which continually and systematically mistreats Muslim countries. He sees Israel dominating its Muslim neighbors while receiving special treatment from the West. Meanwhile, Muslim countries such as Sudan and Iran are sanctioned and isolated for the same behavior. Principal actors in this unjust system are the UN and the Security Council because they enable Israel to maintain military and nuclear superiority over its Muslim neighbors. As the leader of a democratic and economically successful Muslim state, Erdogan sees himself as the voice of an oppressed Muslim constituency that includes the peoples of the Middle East, most importantly the Palestinians, and increasingly the Muslims of Africa. Erdogan frequently identifies justice as his guiding principle, with Islam often the primary factor in his evaluation of justice and victimization.

-----------------
nationalinterest.org...

Turkey,USA are helping Al qaeda in Syria:
kurdnas.com...:us-helping-to-train-and-arm-islamic-mercenaries-to-fight-in-syria&catid=36:repo rts1&Itemid=56

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Islam and Justice

Erdogan, who grew up in Turkey’s Islamic political parties, was shaped by his personal and political roots in Islam. He sees the world as controlled by the non-Muslim West, which continually and systematically mistreats Muslim countries. He sees Israel dominating its Muslim neighbors while receiving special treatment from the West. Meanwhile, Muslim countries such as Sudan and Iran are sanctioned and isolated for the same behavior. Principal actors in this unjust system are the UN and the Security Council because they enable Israel to maintain military and nuclear superiority over its Muslim neighbors. As the leader of a democratic and economically successful Muslim state, Erdogan sees himself as the voice of an oppressed Muslim constituency that includes the peoples of the Middle East, most importantly the Palestinians, and increasingly the Muslims of Africa. Erdogan frequently identifies justice as his guiding principle, with Islam often the primary factor in his evaluation of justice and victimization.

-----------------
nationalinterest.org...

Turkey,USA are helping Al qaeda in Syria:
kurdnas.com...:us-helping-to-train-and-arm-islamic-mercenaries-to-fight-in-syria&catid=36:repo rts1&Itemid=56

That's your opinion :-)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I have provided sources with facts.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh goodie. Russia has been sending boatloads of equipment to Syria over the last couple of years, I bet they'd love to see how their modern AA and other systems fare against NATO equipment. It won't be as easy for NATO as Libya was.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

In recent days, the State Department has decried what it calls "horrific new tactics" by Syrian forces, including helicopters attacks on civilians.

hosted.ap.org...

Maybe they should find a more ethical way to attack their civilians such as drones?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
just read this on RT:

www.rt.com...

That’s exactly the point that I’m making. General Dempsey, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, has opposed a military intervention into Syria, into Iran precisely for this reason. That once you start these kinds of interventions, especially in those countries, you’re going past a point of simple combat. You’re threatening the danger of nuclear war. Because President Putin and others have made very clear they will not agree to a UN Security Council [resolution] for such intervention. The military right now is saying ‘NO, NO, NO! Don’t stick us in another one of these situations, we don’t want this, and if you do, this thing could escalate to an actual nuclear war, and we’re opposed to this.’ So I would say that the military right now is probably more sane and more thoughtful in defending the interests of the United States than President Obama is at this moment.

From Lawrence Freeman executive intelligence review.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

To which you have formed an opinion on

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join