It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't find pic on my pc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This has been happening more and more. I search the internet for a pic. Save it to My Pictures Folder on my computer. Come here to upload and when the window opens to my folder, there's nothing there. Yet, when I just open the folder on my computer, the pic is definitely there.

Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I usually just save it to my desktop since its easy and you dont have to go through tons of folders ! Good luck !!
edit on 11-6-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nine times out of Ten when I see something like this its one of two things. First it is either sorting differently in one folder or the other like one is sorted by date and the other is sorted by file name. Or you have two different folders named the same. One might be in your My documents folder and then other one under your My Pictures folder or something odd like that. Where they might look similar but not actually be the same folder.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I know this is probably a dumb question but did you check to see if the pics were saved in the right format? ATS only accepts certain formats, and your comp may be set to save as another not accepted format. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Nine times out of Ten when I see something like this its one of two things. First it is either sorting differently in one folder or the other like one is sorted by date and the other is sorted by file name. Or you have two different folders named the same. One might be in your My documents folder and then other one under your My Pictures folder or something odd like that. Where they might look similar but not actually be the same folder.

I'll have a look. Thanks.

Did a search for My Pictures. Just one folder, but thanks anyway.
edit on 6/11/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I know this is probably a dumb question but did you check to see if the pics were saved in the right format? ATS only accepts certain formats, and your comp may be set to save as another not accepted format. Just a thought.

I have tons of pics here, all jpeg. I checked the pic I intended to upload. Jpeg. But, thanks for thinking of it. Hey! I just opened the pic and changed it to a .gif, and it appeared here! What's up with that???

Good show on your part!

edit on 6/11/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Same thing happened to me the last time I wanted to post a picture. I knew where I put it and went to the actual folder on my drive to verify it was there and it was but did not show up to upload here. It was a simple .jpg file well within the size limit. Curious.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

okay, sorry just going through the motions here, when you go to upload, in the upload box there is a file format choice. I have noticed from time to time, when I upload pics this gets changed and does not include the formats I need or are looking for. Have you checked that?

Edit to say I just saw your edit. Yay glad it worked. Not sure why the .jpg didn't show though.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You can't upload .jpeg photos.

They have to be .jpg, .gif or .png

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Check your downloads folder.

top topics

join