It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan to colonise red planet by 2023

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
AHAHA

To be honest it sounds like a death sentence.

They will be abandoned down there when the funding stops; to live in their little huts until the oxygen runs out maybe. Live in a cramped quarters forever.

And exactly what terraforming will occur? None. The planet has too low gravity to keep an atmosphere of real value, and over time it just gets eaten away by the solar winds. I see this as a fail.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Your vision seems a lot similar to the movie Moon. One of my favs btw. Yeah it seems too soon for such far fetched plans, however gotta admire their balls of steel.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

They did go back.. several times.

People lost interest, we are only starting to become interested again (which is why it is being talked about again).

I do believe it's possible that the first landing could have been faked as their was a damn strong, driving, motive, but after that, eh.. we went to the moon. There is absolutely no valid reason to think we couldn't acheive such a thing and you and your less than psuedo science can't prove other wise.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

How about we get back to reality. We did go back to the moon, many times. Why do you think we only went once?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We have the same reply, interesting, it's nice to see we agree on something

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join