It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan to colonise red planet by 2023

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A group from the Netherlands, Mars One, is laying out plans to colonize Mars in the not too distant future. They don't have a lot of venture capital, yet, but they have contacted aerospace suppliers around the world and have recieved several letters of interest.

stuff.co.nz

But here's what Mars One does have going for it: a definite and achievable to-do list.

Step one: send a communications satellite to Mars in 2016. Step two: follow up with a Red Planet rover in 2018, which will trawl the dusty landscape, scoping out some of the best spots to found a colony. Step three, in 2020: send infrastructure for the colonists to live in, including solar panels and machines that will convert the Martian elements into water and oxygen.

Only then, on the surprisingly specific date of September 14, 2022, will Mars One launch its first four astronauts. Their journey to the new colony will take ten months, though they will have been preparing for a decade. Most of that prep time, we hope, will be spent figuring out how not to kill someone when you have to live in extremely close quarters for the better part of a year and none of you can take a shower.

Landsdorp plans to send another couple of adventurous astronauts to join the colony every two years, but the idea is that no one gets a return journey. This is a permanent base, a Plymouth Rock in an entirely new world that will begin the long, slow and painstaking process of terraforming it.

And how will this all be funded? Landsdorp has two words for you: "media spectacle." We're not sure what that means, exactly - selling broadcast rights to the landing? Sponsorships from large corporations eager to advertise on the mission? Will Coke be the first soda on Mars?

What do you think? Would you go? Should anyone go?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Even if we try , we cant go there, humans are not allowed. We humans didn't even land on the moon. I think all the videos and pictures of moon landings are hoax. NO humans are allowed to enter any of the planets except Earth.

Although many believe man first reached the moon in July, 1969, we have information from a very reliable source, the Sanskrit Vedic scriptures, that the astronauts never actually went to the moon. The manned moon landing was a colossal hoax.

edit on 11-6-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They should call China, they'll be getting there before anyone else.

And yes, I would go. We should go, not only for our own sake but because life should be spread around to ensure it's survival.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Completely wrong and the product of deceptive minds believed only by the feeble minded. The only thing that shouldn't be allowed is the use of the internet by anyone with an IQ less than an incredibly generous 100, also known as moon hoax believers.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I got a book for Christmas when I was like 12 or 13. It was supposed to be about everything and what not. I read it often. There was a bit about a plan to go to Mars in 2020. I've been waiting lol I wonder if they were talking about these guys.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Interesting that the book happens to mention 2020. I wonder if these people read the same book.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Completely wrong and the product of deceptive minds believed only by the feeble minded. The only thing that shouldn't be allowed is the use of the internet by anyone with an IQ less than an incredibly generous 100, also known as moon hoax believers.

lol okay prove me your right , trust me , man didn't land on the moon. If they did , why haven't they went back there??

Another important reason why the manned moon landing must be a hoax is that, according to the Vedas, each planet has its particular standard of living and atmosphere, and no one can transfer from one planet to another without becoming properly qualified. This means that if someone wants to go to Mars, for instance, he has to give up his present gross material body and acquire another one suitable for life on that particular planet. Vedic knowledge teaches that the living being doesn’t die with the death of the body, but that he is an eternal spirit soul. As Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita, “As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death” (Bhagavad-gita, 2.13). At the time of death the human being transfers to another material body according to the desires he cultivated and the work he performed during his lifetime. Therefore, since the moon has a particular standard of life and atmosphere, if one wants to travel there he has to adapt his material body to the conditions of that planet.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+ Already existing thread in the Space & Exploration section:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by big_BHOY

Oops. Sorry folks. As the mods would say: Please continue this discussion in the existing thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

We haven't gone back because there was no reason to. We only went there to beat the Soviets. That's it. Until there is a reason to go, i.e. another cold war, or economic incentive there's no reason to spend billions of dollars. It's pure politics. If it were up to scientists and not politicians, we'd already have settlements there.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StupidShouldHurt

We haven't gone back because there was no reason to. We only went there to beat the Soviets. That's it. Until there is a reason to go, i.e. another cold war, or economic incentive there's no reason to spend billions of dollars. It's pure politics. If it were up to scientists and not politicians, we'd already have settlements there.

than whats the plan to go to Mars, why spend more billions of dollars, to do what? Nothing. Its takes about 214 days to go to Mars from Earth if we go at the speed we go today using our space module. Do you really think this astronomers will be in healthy conditions living in space for 214 days. Their bones will be so weak. I think its a waste of money and time, better stay at Earth and use money towards Earth. Last thing, they wont even make it to Mars, because your not allowed to enter it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is just getting ridiculous now, whats this a private company? OH JOY

Why does the world not pull its finger out and think to it self...

HMM, were running out of resources, not to mention killing each other over the silly pathetic little piles of resources left, why don't we put our heads together sort out our differences for the betterment of all of mankind and get mining & colonising Mars & the bloody Moon,

How many Space Agencies are there out there? quite a few, just put you bloody heads together and stop going in circles you greedy stubborn bastards, makes alot more sense doesn't it

Sorry OP but these silly little story make me laugh when we could have done it years ago, its so frustrating when you see 2016 - 2025 and so on, not to mention when they do seen robots its shrouded in secrecy or spectacular find covered up

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

There is no plan to go to mars. Just a group of dreamers in the Netherlands who will never come up with enough money to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

lol okay prove me your right , trust me , man didn't land on the moon. If they did , why haven't they went back there??

Another important reason why the manned moon landing must be a hoax is that, according to the Vedas, each planet has its particular standard of living and atmosphere, and no one can transfer from one planet to another without becoming properly qualified. This means that if someone wants to go to Mars, for instance, he has to give up his present gross material body and acquire another one suitable for life on that particular planet. Vedic knowledge teaches that the living being doesn’t die with the death of the body, but that he is an eternal spirit soul. As Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita, “As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death” (Bhagavad-gita, 2.13). At the time of death the human being transfers to another material body according to the desires he cultivated and the work he performed during his lifetime. Therefore, since the moon has a particular standard of life and atmosphere, if one wants to travel there he has to adapt his material body to the conditions of that planet.

Its not like paying for a bus is it, what would be the point of going back to the moon? can you answer that?

It costs a hell of alot of money to get there, the only reason man would ever be going back to the moon would be to mine it for resources and Helium 3 making it cost effective, but you would need to pool the resources of more than just NASA, NASA could not do it alot or aford such a massive task, you would need the cooperation & backing of all Space Agency's & also some of the biggest mining company's on the planet, but we could turn it into a massive positive step for all

Perhaps if they NASA just kept going to the moon costing i mean "wasting" billions of tax payers money just to jump around like fairy's on the moon, would that satisfy you? would you still believe in silly conspiracy's ?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

the only reason man would ever be going back to the moon would be to mine it for resources and Helium 3 making it cost effective,

Sorry but there is no market for He3. It's only used for research.
The other resources are cheaper down here. (much cheaper)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If someone wants to believe that we didnt go to the moon when we said we did, sure ill bite, even though I dont believe you. But to say that we still cant reach the moon, today in 2012, with all of the technology we have, you really need to get off the cheeba. Go read a book, stop educating yourself on only what you read on ATS. Not everything here is true.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

If someone wants to believe that we didnt go to the moon when we said we did, sure ill bite, even though I dont believe you. But to say that we still cant reach the moon, today in 2012, with all of the technology we have, you really need to get off the cheeba. Go read a book, stop educating yourself on only what you read on ATS. Not everything here is true.

Its not.ATS , its written In the vedic.scriptures, the oldest reliable source on Earth. Go do.some research than argue.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We went back there several times
, we don't go there now because there hasn't been any reason to that makes it economically viable. It's far cheaper to send robotic missions than manned ones, so these take preference. Your way of thinking is as narrow minded and simplistic as your ridiculous scriptures. I suggest you do everyone a favour and find an entry in them somewhere that prohibits you from using the Internet and take heed. Seriously, talking to people like you is like going back in time and trying to have a sensible conversation with a medieval peasant.
edit on 12-6-2012 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I like to hear about humanity reaching for the stars. even though it takes them alot of time to do nothing, when they do something new it's worth it.

spacex will also be trying with their Red Dragon mission. they'll be using the new Falcon Heavy and thats smaller than the rockets used to launch the apollo missions.
they plan the launch in 2018 but hopefully we'll have a new space race on our hands. competition makes people work harder but i would prefere co-operation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

We went back there several times
, we don't go there now because there hasn't been any reason to that makes it economically viable. It's far cheaper to send robotic missions than manned ones, so these take preference. Your way of thinking is as narrow minded and simplistic as your ridiculous scriptures. I suggest you do everyone a favour and find an entry in them somewhere that prohibits you from using the Internet and take heed. Seriously, talking to people like you is like going back in time and trying to have a sensible conversation with a medieval peasant.
edit on 12-6-2012 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

Well said, however some people here are so dense you really should give up, and let him live his delusional life in a tinfoil hat.

Back to the topic - while interesting and bold the project still does not make much sense for me, personally. In my opinion lots of probes and robotic drones sent to mars is a whole lot of a better idea. Then, in the future when some upgraded propulsion systems will come up it can and should be done. 2050 - maybe. Just my opinion. I suppose we still have a lot more to explore here, on Earth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join