It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of US still have no a gayfriend [CNN Poll]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by paganini
This instantly reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George felt he had to get a black friend to prove he wasnt racist.

Isn't that the truth though? You "STILL" don't have a black friend?! Oh my! How disastrous! I cannot believe this social injustice! Lets make a poll!

Indeed apparently if you dont have friends that span every ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation etc,etc you're a horrendous bigot.

I fully support gay rights and marriage but i dont have a gay friend.i cant even recall meeting a gay person since eh.... junior high i think. What am i suppose to do go cruising around looking for one?
Oh pardon me but are you gay and want to be my friend?

Hell this brings into question whether you are even friends with the person because you like them or just hang around them because you're concerned about presenting a certain image to society..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have a gay cousin,does that count

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Very few people do i trust well enough to call a friend, i'm more of an agoraphobic hermit. Thats why i live in a small rural town no one gives a fart in the wind about.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by Retikx
Hahahahaha I have at least 15 little pink tinkerbell fairy boys in my entourage. gay people know how to party and they are very generous and hygienic.

And they always know sexy woman and they bring them to the pattys. And then the sexy women they bring notice how non homophobic you are when you have your gay buddy sitting in your lap singing Whitney Houston and with any luck they end up on your lap later.

Handy little buggers. Oh and if you don't feel like going to a mall you can ask them to grab some stuff for you and they are more than happy to do it. It might be a little tight and a bright color but hey.

Gay people are dope.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sheesh, you're like a guilty white person who showers "black people" with praise from the heavens to prove how not racist they are. Tell me, is it ok to generalize whole groups of people as long as it's positive spin?
edit on 11-6-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

As much as I dont like to side with the person with the negative view, I believe you are so correct. Generalizing is not OK even if it is positive. I am 100% ok with gay people and their right to get married, however I do not believe that one should be generalized into a a group even if its a good generalization, (for example: Black people can jump high). Those type of statements are just as offensive as negative generalizations. I thank you for catching that inconsistency, things like that really get on my nerves.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

42% of America Hates Gay Kids, Says New Survey June 11, 2012

A new survey of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender young people has revealed that nearly half of America is hostile to them. And most of the youth say they plan on moving away from where they were raised.

The survey run by the Human Rights Campaign is of more than 10,000 LGBT-identified youth ages 13-17. 42 percent say they live somewhere where they are not accepted and 63 percent plan to move somewhere else.

One exception was California, where 62 percent of gay kids there said that they lived somewhere which accepted them.

Using a control group of 500 straight-identified youth, they found that the LGBT youth were twice as likely to say they had been physically assaulted at school. Gay kids were most likely to cite acceptance as their “biggest problem,” whereas for straight kids it was their grades.

In another sign of the huge changes going on with LGBT people over the past few decades, most gay kids said that they are “out” to their very close friends and three quarters say that most of their peers don’t have a problem with them being gay — but only 63 percent are “out” to their families. Three quarters of them say that they’re at their most genuine in their online lives and must to some extent conceal their natures in real-world interactions. Twice as many gay kids as straight say they’ve used drugs or alcohol.

www.care2.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join