It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Bubble Season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I found this video last fall and decided to wait until bubble season to post it. It was a popular video so I am sure many of you have see it already but I wanted to post it for those that haven't. It is a simple way to make bubbles and the joy of watching the kids eyes open wide in amazement is rewarding. Please, sit back, put it on full screen if you can and enjoy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
wow, I have seen some MONSTER bubbles before.. but never like this.. I cant help but wonder what kind of "bubble mix" they are using to keep these bad boys floating with out breaking.. Or dropping from being too heavy!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That's pretty cool,thanks for sharing....I'm going to try it tomorrow with coat hangers and a kiddie pool in the back yard.The kids will love it,and the dog will flip

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

lol I can't wait to figure out the ratio. I have tried simple dish soap and water and it works to a point but straight dish soap doesn't very well. I am now experimenting with laundry detergent.

edit on 11-6-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm looking for something that creates alot of bubbles for my cats.

I've tried miracle bubbles and there is nothing miraculous there --I mean notta, zilch, zip and zero! Thinking the 1st bottle was defective I bought another and the 2nd bottle was just the same. Mostly 1 - 3 bubbles.

So, any suggestions where I can get some great bubbles like when we were little?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I found that a string hoop and two sticks like that guy uses in the video works better than wire hangers but I may not have had the ratio down either. Let me know how it goes, would you?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

They do make automatic bubble blowers. I got one for the kids when I was tired of blowing lol. It sounds funny but it was a Disneys Arial(Little Mermaid) but you put the solution in the reservoir and the wand goes up and down alternating from the blower to the solution and creates lots of bubbles on batteries. Maybe you could find a similar one where Summer toys are sold.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I just found this looking for good bubble making ingredients. CHECK THIS OUT! WAY cool!!

chemistry.about.com...

and here is an ingredient or ingredients.. haven't read through the whole page.

chemistry.about.com...
edit on 06/11/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

Those are some awesome Ideas. I really want to try the dry ice one. I think that would be a lot of fun and educational for both myself and the kids. Thanks for posting them.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yes, I LOVE dry ice for many reasons.. Here is one more to add to the list!
Cant wait to try it my self.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Beautiful
That was very cool! The huge bubbles make me think of the aliens in The Abyss.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That's really neat! Let us know if you find a good recipe please.

And thanks for the Avatar

new topics

top topics

join