It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Real ID Act"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
For those who don't know.. Here is what I have found regarding this subject.

The REAL ID Act implements the following:

* Title II of the act establishes new federal standards for state-issued driver licenses and non-driver identification cards.
* Changing visa limits for temporary workers, nurses, and Australian citizens.
* Funding some reports and pilot projects related to border security.
* Introducing rules covering "delivery bonds" (similar to bail bonds but for aliens who have been released pending hearings).
* Updating and tightening the laws on application for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity.
* Waiving laws that interfere with construction of physical barriers at the borders.
^ (Wikipedia)

Here is a link to a writer and his thoughts about the subject. Short and sweet.

voices.yahoo.com...

Here is a Video of a news cast talking about the new IDs.

www.youtube.com...

Here is how to destroy the chip.. allegedly

www.youtube.com...

Any ways, as a Christian I don't know what to think about this. They say its bad because eventually you won't be able to buy, sell, trade, or work with out one.. Witch would possibly indicate "the mark of the beast". Then again, the same can be said for your Social Security number.. Who knows!

edit on 06/10/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think many sates have passed legislation that will repeal this act from going into effect.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I hope so, and tho I cannot remember any names, I seem to recall a few people in DC really pushing hard for this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths
I hope so, and tho I cannot remember any names, I seem to recall a few people in DC really pushing hard for this.

Papers, please.

It's being pushed (or was) mainly by House Republicans. Many of them part of the so-called 'tea party caucus' which ran on supposed 'small government' philosophy.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.cnet.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by SickeningTruths

Papers, please.

It's being pushed (or was) mainly by House Republicans. Many of them part of the so-called 'tea party caucus' which ran on supposed 'small government' philosophy.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.cnet.com...

... and the fact that DEMOCRATS pushed for National ID, complete with biometric information like fingerprints, so hard, that even the Huffington Post, Washington Post, and the ACLU spoke out against it is different how?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by satoriku

What makes you think it's 'different? This thread is talking about the "RealID" act.

Or are you one of those who thinks criticism of one party implies support for the 'other'?

Sorry, I dont buy the puppet show.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by satoriku

What makes you think it's 'different? This thread is talking about the "RealID" act.

Or are you one of those who thinks criticism of one party implies support for the 'other'?

Sorry, I dont buy the puppet show.

For someone who doesn't "buy the puppet show" you sure do have an itch up your butt regarding conservatives/rep., based on other posts. Not that I care, plenty of people do. I believe you are a Ron Paul supporter, so am I, so are a lot of people (I wish there were more.) You don't seem to have much to say regarding Dems., though, many people don't. The problem for me is you put yourself forward as non-partisan yet you seem to focus on Rep. fault in your posts. Nuff said.

Now, back to the thread. I don't think it's different at all, that is my point. The RealID is simply a de facto national id card. The national id card conversation began in the seventies when the SSN, which was only supposed to be an account number, began to have its role expanded. Then the "National ID" card was brought forth then shot down. Then House speaker Gingrich said no to it because of civil liberties issues. The RealID is simply the latest and more insideous version of said national id. pushed initially by Reps. So, in a thread discussing the RealID act, I would think it prudent to discuss all aspects of the topic including any related history. Or are you one of those people that believes otherwise.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Real ID chip... meet microwave.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I guess my biggest concern here is the chip. I'm almost at the point of deleting my FB and everything else, (except my ATS account of course) because I know the Gov watches it, just like this site I'm sure... But the idea of a chip I don't like at all.

I'm a very very private person, not because I'm doing illegal activities, but because people piss me off and I like my privacy. Not to mention I'm a conservative, so I value my Constitutional rights as much as I do my Bible.

I remember seeing this discovery show a while back about "the future". Showed how you could buy cloths hat have chips and wires in-bedded in the fabric. It can tell you your temp, heart rate, and if your vitals were not where they should be, it would alert medics for you.

I don't like that idea ether.. Well.. I mean of course it all sounds good at first.. But it just opens the door to the possibility of unlawfully being spied on etc..
edit on 06/10/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

top topics

join