It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: We will never agree to foreign intervention in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Those pictures break my heart .. seeing lifeless kids like that ...
anyone killing a child i pray to God they will suffer in Hell for eternity
i usualy dont pray to God for revenge
but these murderers are abominations
cold blooded, heartless,soulless beasts

So far one side has a very very high amount of children killed
the ones pushing for more wars all the time (Israel,Clinton)
arming terrorist inside a country for a under the radar war

Assad wouldnt kill is own supporters especially children
who was advantaged the most by the attack in Houla ?
certainly not assad even if they accused him of the massacre

All those childrens will be Avenged
God doesnt have mercy for people who kill innocent childrens
with absolutly no remorses
edit on 6/9/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thank you, I very much agree that these poor children are caught in the middle of it and it should not have been this way. This would have been avoided had the western/arab states not funded this coup in a bid to oust assad.

RIP children.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

This : 209.157.64.200...

By the way, I found your human shield photo rather distaseful.

Freedom of Faith.

All I have to adjust for is windage at this point.

Think about that.

Along those lines, the children are Always caught in the middle of your Bullchit.
So now your trying to convince me that you really care. Nice Propaganda.
Hoo Haa
Link www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content/Add Link

edit on 9-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Grammar/Typo

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The USA would have a multiple front war if this situation got even worse...

At the risk of being accused of Jingoism.
It wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be the last. Let's just hope and pray it doesn't come to that.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

By the way, I found your human shield photo rather distaseful.

Oh now dead kids are reduced to human shields?

I am showing you what NATO did by bombing from the sky

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well the way our leaders are taking is, it may just come to that:

Obama/Panetta is making situation worse with pakistan
Romney and Rubio want Iran
Obama and the others currently want Syria.
Afghanistan is a quagmire (we should be pulling out by 2014)

China Situation/South China sea is seeing a new theatre develop..

We probably really do not have much time..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That is what you think you are showing me (US)

Would you care to elaborate your opinion as to why NATO has to be there in the first place?
Furthermore, your viewpoint on whether you agree or disagree with the above stated objective.

Please Enlighten US
edit on 9-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Grammar

edit on 9-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Accuracy

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Obama/Panetta is making situation worse with pakistan

Pakistan is reaping what it has sown in my opinion. All their ISI activities are coming back to bite them hard on their ass.

Romney and Rubio want Iran

So do the majority of Iran's neighbors. I guess wiki-leaks doesn't count when it goes against internet pop culture opinion eh?

Obama and the others currently want Syria.

Obama may not have a second term...

Afghanistan is a quagmire (we should be pulling out by 2014)

The situation in Afghanistan is nowhere near as dire as many like to exaggerate it as being here at ATS.

China Situation/South China sea is seeing a new theatre develop..

That situation has been going on for decades.

We probably really do not have much time..

You don't mind if I avoid your brand of Kool-Aid

edit on 9-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Pakistan is reaping what it has sown in my opinion. All their ISI activities are coming back to bite them hard on their ass.

Fine very well, if you think so, but I would differ

So do the majority of Iran's neighbors. I guess wiki-leaks doesn't count when it goes against internet pop culture opinion eh?

Last I checked USA was not one of Irans neighbors, so why again are we interested in asking for war with?

The neighbors of Iran can wage their local wars if they should so choose

PS: I don't even use wikileaks

Obama may not have a second term...

Well, Im not voting for him LOL

The situation in Afghanistan is nowhere near as dire as many like to exaggerate as it being here at ATS.

We have only killed about 10K taliban out of about 40-45K over 10 years at a cost of few hundred billion dollars. That amounts to millions of dollars per single taliban..but I guess if you say thats ok, well then I have no problem

That situation has been going on for decades.

We all know that, but what if the Chinese decided to take advantage if we start another war elsewhere...

You don't mind if I avoid your brand of Kool-Aid

Its the good kind.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Well Balanced Viewpoint there Slayer.
I am still on the fence with your foresight
for the next term as of yet.
I am thinking 3 terms.
Completely outside of the box.

Sit Back and Watch.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: content

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Last I checked USA was not one of Irans neighbors, so why again are we interested in asking for war with?

It has been their neighbors who've asked the US to deal with Iran, Both Bush and now Obama have rejected it flat out.

The neighbors of Iran can wage their local wars if they should so choose

No problem with that.

PS: I don't even use wikileaks

But you'll use PressTV and or RT as "Credible un-biased Sources" eh?

Well, Im not voting for him LOL

Agreed

We have only killed about 10K taliban out of about 40-45K over 10 years at a cost of few hundred billion dollars. That amounts to millions of dollars per single taliban..but I guess if you say thats ok, well then I have no problem

The Taliban should decide to take the peace initiatives more seriously and the killing stops.
No?

We all know that, but what if the Chinese decided to take advantage if we start another war elsewhere...

Well I guess that would be their fault no? I mean, all their neighbors seem to be getting along just fine. So who would be the aggressor there?

Its the good kind.

I'm done with Bug Juice.
Semper Fi

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It has been their neighbors who've asked the US to deal with Iran, Both Bush and now Obama have rejected it flat out.

Along with those neighbors you might as well throw in AIPAC pushing for war with them. Those neighbors of Iran can wage the war themselves if they want and as you agree

The Taliban should decide to take the peace initiatives more seriously and the killing stops. No?

The taliban have been there forever, I hardly think they would succumb to our demands. They will revert back to their old ways when we leave.

So what is better we kill a lot of people and try to force the taliban to meet our demands at all cost or leave them be and they kill a lot less than the mess we have been causing.

Should the taliban take the peace initiates more seriously: Yes. Is it the US's problem? No, and we should pull out ASAP

edit on 113030p://6America/ChicagoSat, 09 Jun 2012 23:53:15 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The taliban have been there forever, I hardly think they would succumb to our demands. They will revert back to their old ways when we leave.

And this is what you are advocating?

So what is better we kill a lot of people and try to force the taliban to meet our demands at all cost or leave them be and they kill a lot less than the mess we have been causing.

I'm hearing the sizzling of a brain fart...

Should the taliban take the peace initiates more seriously: Yes. Is it the US's problem? No, and we should pull out ASAP

Well we are involved good, bad or indifferent. The farce of a leader Karzai isnt strong enough yet to do it on his own.[And may never be] We all know how the Taliban are. We've seen their atrocities. The fact remains the Afghans themselves are caught between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand they are glad we kicked the Taliban to the curb but want us out.

On the other they do not want the Taliban back in power and need us there for now. Remember, they lived through that hell under Taliban rule and have no desire to return to that crap.
edit on 10-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2012 by Wildmanimal because: correction

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Funny that the communist states are the ones who end up having to defend democracy

Tell that to the women and children being slaughtered. Just a question can the average Syrian citizen own a firearm?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

The numbers of Taliban killed by NATO forces are often quoted as exceeding 30,000, so saying it is a mere 10,000 is taking perhaps a rather pessimistic view.

We are all accustomed to hearing about the odd NATO bomb killing Afghans, so think that NATO are the only guilty party. However, as anyone who has done a modicum of basic research will tell you, the numbers of Afghans killed by the Taliban significantly exceed those accidentally killed by NATO. Contrary to what some people may believe, the NATO forces go out of their way to avoid so called “collateral damage”, whereas the Taliban don’t give a toss.

www.nytimes.com...

Let’s also remember the murderous rampage of the Taliban before NATO stepped in, such as the 1998 Mazar-e-Sharif massacres, so it is not as if NATO has made the situation worse. If anything, by removing Taliban from the gene pool they are making things better.

Personally, as a defender of women’s rights, I think NATO should stay until all Taliban are eliminated. The changes to some parts of Afghanistan brought about by the removal of the Taliban are profound, such as girls being allowed to get an education. The apologists of the comfortable West who think Afghanistan was a mistake need to consider the type of things going on in Afghanistan prior to the NATO intervention and the fact that the deaths, killings, repression and brutality would have been going on at a quicker pace had there not been intervention.

Anyway, apologies for straying off topic. I don't know why people stand up for dictators such as Assad and extremists like the Taliban. I sometimes think the only solution is for people to travel the world and get exposed to hardship before they support repression.

Regards

edit on 10/6/2012 by paraphi because: to tidy it up

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Syria is one of Russias few remaining openly friendly nations in the ME/Med
With its valuable deep water port access for a small but growing naval presence by Russia
This also acts as a platform into the med, southern Europe and north Africa.
Due to the events of the last 5 years Syria has become essential to Russia's force projection capability, more so recently in the areas of the med currently under political dispute due to resource deposits.
NATO naturally wanting 100% guaranteed access to these resources, and control of another deep water port into the ME from the med and to strike another blow against Russia's strategic assets........well you get the picture

edit on 10-6-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

edit on 10-6-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Those pictures break my heart .. seeing lifeless kids like that ...
anyone killing a child i pray to God they will suffer in Hell for eternity
i usualy dont pray to God for revenge
but these murderers are abominations
cold blooded, heartless,soulless beasts

I wouldn't wish hell on the worst person in the world man, i don't care what they did. We all deserve to be there but i wouldn't wish it on anyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Syria is one of Russias few remaining openly friendly nations in the ME/Med
With its valuable deep water port access for a small but growing naval presence by Russia
This also acts as a platform into the med, southern Europe and north Africa.
Due to the events of the last 5 years Syria has become essential to Russia's force projection capability, more so recently in the areas of the med currently under political dispute due to resource deposits.
NATO naturally wanting 100% guaranteed access to these resources, and control of another deep water port into the ME from the med and to strike another blow against Russia's strategic assets........well you get the picture

edit on 10-6-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

edit on 10-6-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

Bingo. Now you see why Russia will allow all the Syrian citizens in the world to be slaughtered if it means the current regime stays in power. The west may have ulterior motives as well, but they happen to land on the side of doing the right thing this time.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is why Syria will descend eventually into civil war and chaos, I agree with William Hague (UK Foreign Secretary, kinda like British Version of SecState) that it will eventually end up like Bosnia.

Sad, but probably true. With Russia and China continuing to veto in the UN, the rest of the world will have to stand by and watch the descent into chaos.

I read another alarming statistic yesterday on this - while the death toll in Syria is alarming, it's actually about the same per 100,000 people as the annual murder rate of Detriot or Chicago, and no one seems to be outraged about that - even the US networks don't bring the comparison to light.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join