It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Conspiracy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Actual conspiracies are much more vague than those presented by the general public because, you see, conspiracy theories themselves are perhaps the biggest conspiracy.

People are reactionary, they get bent out of shape quickly and unwaiveringly. There are key words that can be employed to get a reaction from the group of people who jump on every bandwagon coming and going.

For example: I showed this yesterday with a thread concerning Dihydrogen Monoxide (which was moved to the joke forum but is FAR from being a joke)... Yes, it's common name is water, but that wasn't the purpose of the thread. The thread showed that people will jump at anything containing the words "chemical" or "government" and insinuating a danger to our bodies. The responses ranged from agreeing that it was a danger, citing that it was actually water and one who even threw an absolute fit that it should be moved because it didn't fit his/her concept of what the world should be. THAT was a conspiracy, a REAL conspiracy. It showed how the dumbing down of America and the self righteousness of the ignorant work against what we, as a country, need to accomplish. There were also a few very intelligent souls who caught it immediately, understood the purpose and joined in. Kudos to them.

The REAL Conspiracies that we face aren't designed, they aren't planned out, they are acts of nature and social interactions, building themselves from the ground up. The ignorance of people in general, that we claim to deny, but way too many embrace, is what the conspiracy is. Nobody takes the two minutes to look up information or to check a source or to read more about any topic before jumping right in and start blasting. Those that do have an inkling of a concept have it only because they had already been through the process (and were banned several times and returned with a new account according to some who offered input). Those are possibly the worst. They don't want others to learn, they want to keep ignorance as a part of everyday life for those around them. They want to ensure that others don't rise above them, so it's important to encourage the ignorance in order to build their own self esteem.

The true conspiracy isn't from the government, it isn't from foreign governments, it isn't from aliens, it isn't from clandestine operations or groups, it's from the people who scream the loudest about the conspiracies. The REAL conspiracy is.... conspiracy theorists who don't bother learning all sides of an issue before jumping in with both feet up to their eyebrows.

Until we are able to recognize ignorance and counter the ignorance, it will permeate our society. There is no chance in hades that we can "Deny Ignorance" when we will not even face it head on, learn all there is to learn about a topic, and THEN comment instead of the other way around.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I would say i am the kind of person to read any kind of information and take it to heart.. any sorts of conspiracies i do think about. they may not be the truth but then again.. How do i know that for sure?!.. thats how i am with almost any information on this site.. I never want to say that there is a conspiracy that is just too unbelievable and that makes it stupid or something.
But i do agree that we need to take our time to look at the information we read and actually research about it ourselves.. not just the information that is for that conspiracy.. but also research the things about why people might not think that conspiracy is not true.. you always should get the both sides of things because it lets you have a better understanding of it.
Good post... but i did not see the post you put yesterday which led to this post.. but still.. good post haha

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Actual conspiracies are much more vague than those presented by the general public because, you see, conspiracy theories themselves are perhaps the biggest conspiracy.

People are reactionary, they get bent out of shape quickly and unwaiveringly. There are key words that can be employed to get a reaction from the group of people who jump on every bandwagon coming and going.

For example: I showed this yesterday with a thread concerning Dihydrogen Monoxide (which was moved to the joke forum but is FAR from being a joke)... Yes, it's common name is water, but that wasn't the purpose of the thread.

To be fair, the thread didn't garner that much attention.

I would use this as an example instead. As radiation is the new fluoride in reactionary sentiment.

I was going to make a post in that thread to cite misinformation, but alas, I had just pointed out all the same in another thread and resorted to sarcasm.

The REAL Conspiracies that we face aren't designed, they aren't planned out, they are acts of nature and social interactions, building themselves from the ground up. The ignorance of people in general, that we claim to deny, but way too many embrace, is what the conspiracy is.

Exactly. This is an important quote. Some would like to believe that there is a masterful plan, or that there is some roadmap drawn out which parties will be lead by. But the truth is, is that things unfold on their own and are usually governed by the personalities of actors involved. Behavior, social interaction and a number of things help "conspiracies" develop. In most cases, there is a quid pro quo, or an underlying scheme that really only benefits a few people involved.

It's kind of like when a few high school kids get together and arrange an underage drinking night. To put it simply.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's actually an excellent analogy. ..the high school kids planning a party...

It really is crazy that blatant ignorance is embraced instead of denied on so many of these forums. Then, when someone points it out, the ones buying into it throw an absolute fit. ::sigh:: It's very frustrating to put up with the opposite of what the entire site is supposed to be about.

It makes me think that "Deny Ignorance" means "go ahead and be ignorant, just deny that you are" instead of not allowing ignorance to persist.
edit on 9-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: typo

top topics

join