It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Snyderman: "It's Pro-Science To Abort Children With Genetic Defects"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
[SNIP] I used to be pro choice, but I realized that is stupid and murder. By even addressing the subject of abortion, we give a back seat to abstinence, which is the way God intended it. Its the systems way of soul trapping young women. Show them MTV (16 & pregnant type shows) but then when it actually happens to the chick [SNIP], we side track it and say "oh, well its the first trimester" LOL. Acceptable murder. Have fun with that. Ive been told theres prices to pay for things like that

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 6/9/2012 by TheRedneck because: removed objectional references

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ATS continues to amaze me. Not only are most of you pretty obvious anti-semitic but now you're openly supporting the Nazi practice of eugenics. Just, wow....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

No offense, but have a little mercy.
Do you need to see the babies who are masses of jelly with eyes, or fused limbs, and gross unsustainable birth defects who are born accidentally or to those with a moral objection to abortion?

Do you need to feel the agony and pain it brings to couples who continue with a grossly deformed pregnancy or against the best advice of doctors? These couples are torn apart. The marriage may not survive. The mothers heartbreak is inconsolable.

When a sensible decision might be to terminate this fetus and leave its soul to God - NOT force the mother to carry an infant that may grow to wish for it's own merciful death.

Let this mother have a chance to have a healthy baby and the family she has a right to raise.

It is her womb, her reproductive system, it is her hips that may need to be broken, her stomach that might need to be sliced open like a watermelon, her teeth and bones that will be permanently drained of calcium, her LIFE that will ALSO be at risk during DELIVERY of this child, SHE who may bleed to death or not awake from anesthesia, it will be 9 mos.- 18 years of HER life to raise the potential human forming inside her...so given ALL these considerations, (and so many more there is not room to mention) I really think it should be HER CHOICE and no one else's, perhaps guided by the advice of her OB/GYN.

We should respect the decisions she and her doctor make regarding her reproductive health

and put religious dogma and theories ASIDE! ...

WHERE THEY BELONG!

If a being, (or a woman) truly HAS "freedom of religion."

edit on 9-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangedays
Or maybe women should close their legs. I used to be pro choice, but I realized that is stupid and murder. By even addressing the subject of abortion, we give a back seat to abstinence, which is the way God intended it. Its the systems way of soul trapping young women. Show them MTV (16 & pregnant type shows) but then when it actually happens to the chick because shes being a whore, we side track it and say "oh, well its the first trimester" LOL. Acceptable murder. Have fun with that. Ive been told theres prices to pay for things like that.

I agree ... ladies close them legs, we dont need more welfare queens. lol jk

I do agree though that the culture we live in promotes rampant sex with little or no though to the outcome.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

I was talking hypothetically of course

People with my "mind set" ?!

No, my hypothetical world wouldn't have been destroyed before the 200 period.
I condone organic food, no nuclear war heads, and diplomacy over war.

Dunno why I bother trying to have discussions on ATS any more, I just find my self conversing with a bunch of judgemental egotistical idiots!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Maybe this nazi thinks it's pro something, but it's most certainly anti-life.

Any defect, that is found in a child, can turn out to be an advancement later on. In evolution, it's these defects, that made us ... without them, we'd still be bacteria.

This guy should be taken out and stoned.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I love this stuff because of the bizarre disconnects and inconsistencies.

Often time the same people who would be proponents of aborting an "undesirable" would feel compelled to use all the force and power of the state to care for that "undesirable" once born.

Likewise opponents of aborting an "undesirable" would shun the notion of the state supporting it once born.

As if the only options are to intentionally guide human development by either ripping out the weeds or nurturing every weed to full growth.

Why is just leaving things alone never an option?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ATTENTION!

This is a very emotional topic with many divisive elements; opinions are always welcomed at ATS.

Name-calling, baiting, and censor circumvention is not.

Keep your posts civil and discuss the topic, not each other.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Yea, sadly true, its the governents grand plan to remove middle and working class and replace them with a benefit class I follow the politics behind it quite avidly, but ill save that for a more appropraite thread.

Put it this way, I'm nearly 21 and out of 30 good friends and aquantances I'm the only one who has not had a child yet(!!). Don't intend to either ... Yet, like.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
and what about the actual science of this diagnosis? what if the science is wrong on, say, 10-20% of the diagnosis of "confirmed birth defects"? then you have to think about if this is eugenics, there would possibly be a conflict of interest. hospitals could be getting government money for performing a certain number of abortions. science is not always accurate, doctors are not always accurate when interpretting information.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Eugenics has a heavy hand in this. Part of me agrees with the abortion of deformed babies, but on the other hand you have babies with down syndrome .. which can be detected. I just think there has to be more power to the parents rather then just dictating we must trash the baby.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think it's REALLY easy to sit here and judge people and talk hypotheticals.

I think if any of us were in that situation your feelings, thoughts and actions might be quite different. There is validity in what she said in the sense that, would you bring a deformed, genetically "bad" child into existance for them to live a life of suffering?

The other hand, how important is human life? Defective or not?

Personally, I'm against abortion, special needs children are a gift as far as I am concerned. However it's not my place to judge other people who do not have those beliefs and could not handle the very difficult life that having special needs children entails.

There has always been "Eugenics" in our cultures, even from the early days, and it's not going to go away. I'm not happy about it, I think we should just live and let live until we can find ways to cure these problems during pregnancy or find cures or treatments post pregnancy.

Until then however, as a society we are going to have to accept the fact that some people will not want to go through with that life, and it's their right to make that choice.

Whether I agree with it or not.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Eugenics in and of itself is not an evil practice. I would love to see things like a cure to bad sight or being overweight or to cancer. I'd love to be able to lift 800 pounds over my head.

But like anything it can be abused and there will be unfortunate accidents with it.

You see, here's the disconnect: cars kills thousands of people each year, but you don't see people calling for an end to them.

But it's somehow different with something like Eugenics. Mostly because it's tended to be associated with people like Hitler.

Eugenics is not a bad thing and has a lot of potential to do a lot of good in the future.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

"Forced sterilization of minorities"? Source please?

Not sure what area of the country you are from, but minorities having multiple children out of wedlock thus putting more pressure on already broken entitlement programs are the norm where I live.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join