It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in My Apartment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I am not exactly sure what I am going to do as yet. I am waiting to see what happens next.

Thank you for all of your input....it is very helpful.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Opps!....sorry...duplicate post!

edit on 9-6-2012 by caladonea because: correctioin

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Thank you for that website link....it is helpful. No I haven't taken any pictures yet....but I am thinking of doing so.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I don't have a video camera nor a camera on my cell phone...however I am seriously thinking of borrowing a camera.

I did see that one of the ghosts is a child....she is not scarey at all. I just cannot figure why she has shown up in my apartment.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

So on death, the dynamic information looks to the memory cloud as the place of last resort? I am starting to understand what you mean by perception as it is the one tool we have in putting together this puzzle. One question I had reading this, is there a difference to the dynamic information if a person is buried or cremated? I have come across some reports that minor neural activity can still be detected 3 months after death in the physical brain. Not sure how long it can last for, but turning a dead body to ashes would further sever the relationship between the memory cloud and dynamic information. I agree that it would not eliminate this bond entirly as the physical matter is still present, but just released into the greater envirnoment and not as concentrated.

The contextual linkage between these information masses isn't affected by what's done to the now-defunct corporeal body. The reason would take too much space and too many digressions for me to get into here, but once the body and brain are through, their association with the DI mass is purely sentimental (if we're referring to human beings, of course, and not animals), and the Residual memory cloud has no consciousness at all to extend an association beyond the functional applicability of how it served the overall process while the brain was still "alive". Whether there is scattered indications of activity within bits of deteriorating neural network "wiring" is beside the point of what the DI mass's relationship is at that point with the decaying brain itself. As soon as it stops generating new bursts of Dynamic information, the entire mass of DI is freed (or set adrift, depending on how you view it, I suppose) and the association is now over.

what's real and true versus what's not real and true... Survival depends on a consistent reality narrative, and this is a critical survival requirement process.

The description of the brain functions during a walk in and the rest of it has been execellent, but this is one perception I am critical and hesisitant on. To make a distinction between what is true and what is real is a flaw in perception, not reality. It is easier for the brain to just discount certian things if it does not fit within its current mould. This is not an error in what is real or what is true but in our perception and understanding of how things work. The reason things get ignored is due to the workings of a neural network, if a false belief is set early in life it will affect how perceptions are made as something just does not add up so something is discarded. To fix this requires reassesment of this core false belief, which can have many knock on effects as reassesment of built up associations is also required. With an old and closed mind this can be a very difficult process, for a new, open and developing mind it is easy. This is not an issue of survival, but could be in extreme cases. It is more an issue of quality of life with our perceptions and understanding.

The survival requirement is a consistent narrative....not an accurate narrative. Two very different things. There's a movie I once rented called Memento (starring Christian Bale) and it was about a guy who had permanently lost his short term memory due to a head injury. In his own scattered version of long term memory, he was hunting down his dead wife's murderer, but in reality, he'd been the one who killed her. As it was, he was constantly being used by underworld people as a free hitman, since he could be manipulated easily to target anyone that could be presented as this killer. Of course, in the movie he was really good at killing, and would immediately forget what happened and to whom it happened (which worked well for the person targeting him at someone). The movie is written from the POV of the Christian Bale character, and it only takes a few minutes to really get the idea about how much of a survival advantage this memory cloud our brains have gives us.

In his case, he could achieve immediate memory and long term (acquired skills) memory, but without any memory cloud at all, we'd be responding entirely on DNA survival reactions to everything from hunger to problems with the neighbors. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to suggest that there wouldn't be very many Homo Sapiens living on this planet if this was the case. Our ability to even realize our own selves as being more than immediate need and satisfaction of that need would be nonexistent. Hell, even dogs have a very primitive version of this survival tool. It's not about accuracy of information, it's about consistency of experience from instant to instant. The brain needs this consistency or it simply can't function at any real level of sophistication.

Thanks for the exchange. It's been enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

It has been an engaging discusion and helped push some of my understanding, thanks.

What your are saying about the consistant and accurate narrative is making more sense. A classic exampe in terms of survival is 9/11. The official version is not accurate, but in terms of being consistant with values like 'your govermnet protects you' and 'trust your government' it fits so people accept it. When it finally clicked for me I was in a daze for three days just not knowing which way was up, who to trust and what is going on. The established neural networks in the brain basically had a melt down when confronted with this information and it took time to reasses everything. With my incorrect narratives identifyed and removed it opened up a space to allow a more accurate one to build.

In terms of survival we have individual and social considerations. For the individual, asking questions about 9/11 gets you labeled as a conspiricy theorist, a crack pot, trouble maker, dangerious and some one with mental issues. If you have a good paying job with a happy family it is better to just shut up and talk about football and is very much one survival consideration. However, now we have this inaccurate narrative as part of cultural acceptance and government planning. With so much public support based on an inaccurate narrative, it is decending the country and the world further into war. The only solution that will be found as this approch continues to escalate is extermination. I know this world is a very complex place and it is to easy to make the wrong associations at times, but in terms of survival, without a commitment to the accurate narrative we are all doomed by our own stupidity.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've always had a LOT of activity where I live. Some nights it seems there are a dozen or more entities in the house, most of them being very positive beings. They usually don't bother us, but when one or more oversteps its boundaries or it makes a threatening presence, I tell it/them to go away, and they usually do. From what I can tell from your post, it seems that the entities aren't very positive at all, so I wouldn't invite them in or anything. Two things that help keep negative beings away for me is:

1) Protect yourself by imagining a golden "shield" covering all of your body, an inch or so from your skin. (I have also heard visualizing a pink bubble or a white light shining down on you filling you up from the inside works, but the golden shield technique works the best for me.)

2) Visualize a golden orb in the center of your room emanating a bright golden light that fills the whole room for several minutes. This usually clears the area of lower vibration or negative entities. This has worked well for me in the past.

Good luck and namaste!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Two years ago I had a similar thing happen to me. One morning, around 7:00, I woke up to two dark masses pressing me down to the bed. This wasn't sleep paralysis, because I was able to move and speak; I was flailing violently and screaming trying to get out of it. My room mate ran in and at the moment I was released. He looked at me in disbelief and said, "It just happened to you too, didn't it?" After that, we noticed that it was beginning to happen to neighbors of ours, and when friends would stay over it would happen to them (not every time, of course). In all, 12 different people were held down while they were asleep by something with quite a bit of force.

It wasn't even like we were conspiring or telling each other about it. We kept things quiet for a while, because if this was something dark, we didn't want to give it power or let it know we were afraid. It wasn't until about the 6th or 7th person that we began to tell people about it, or ask if anything had happened to them. Our neighbors called in two priests to bless the place, although it did not work. The night after the blessing, one of the girls in the other apartment was held down. When she tried to get up and scream she could not. She grabbed her cell phone to text her roommate and her phone was thrown twenty feet across the room and through her door, breaking as it hit the floor.

I would try to ignore it, and sometimes that would work, but that did not always work. One night, I was up late studying for an exam. It was a little after 3:00am. I began to see a purple light dart back and forth along the walls. When I say purple, it was sort of like no color I've ever seen before. It was a mixture of deep and vibrant purples and bright pinks, but it seemed to pull the light from the room in its general vicinity into it. I tried to ignore this, but it kept darting around. After ten minutes or so a loud pound rang hard on the glass sliding door next to me (which opened to a sixth floor balcony). It sounded as if it were coming from outside. I jumped up at first and looked around, and opened the door to see if there was any wind or anything that could cause a noise like that, but the air was completely still. I sat back down to study and after another few minutes I heard the same loud bang on the sliding door. This time I got up and ran down the hall to my door to wake up my room mate, because I was legitimately scared. As I reached out towards the door handle, something grasped my arm by my bicep and pulled back. Just at this time, my room mate opened the door to find me standing there ghost white. I felt completely drained and numb. There were other events that I didn't describe, but I didn't feel like taking the scope away too much from the OP.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Keep everything clean, air out the house, and burn sage, and frankincense incense (daily). - Worked for me.

Learn to strengthen your aura to stop the touching and what not.

Meditating will rise your vibration, this will make you invisible to lower entities.

Not gonna try prove my point, if your that desperate i'm sure you'll try it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join