It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Dutch players subjected to racist chants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Black Dutch players subjected to racist chants

www.irishtimes.com

NEWS: EURO 2012 was plunged into its first racism controversy after the black players in the Netherlands squad were subjected to monkey chants during an open practice session in the same city where England will also invite the public to watch them train today.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Corrected Article title

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The problems occurred as the players began the session by jogging a lap of the pitch only to be greeted at one end of the stadium with monkey noises and loud jeers. On the second circuit, they were even louder and it was then the players decided not to go around again. “At least now we know what we can encounter,” the Netherlands coach, Bert van Marwijk, said with heavy cynicism. “Very atmospheric

www.irishtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
racism exists in one form or another everywhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I am not surprised by this. I am never surprised by it . I don't see how anyone can be surprised.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't know why anyone is surprised. Poland has had a huge hooligan problem for years.
There's a very big skinhead thing over there and it strikes me that they're just living a lifestyle, borrowing bits from the 70s scene in England and tagging on their own cultural baggage.

No money, nothing to do except fight and get drunk.
It took years to get it out of the grounds in England, the Polish FA haven't yet put the same effort in as our FA did. Once they do that it'll calm down.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
I don't know why anyone is surprised. Poland has had a huge hooligan problem for years.
There's a very big skinhead thing over there and it strikes me that they're just living a lifestyle, borrowing bits from the 70s scene in England and tagging on their own cultural baggage.

No money, nothing to do except fight and get drunk.
It took years to get it out of the grounds in England, the Polish FA haven't yet put the same effort in as our FA did. Once they do that it'll calm down.

Sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Here's the BBC Panorama on the Racism at grounds in Poland and the Ukraine.

The Ukraine should never have been allowed to host this tournament in my opinion. Not just the racism, but also the fact the opposition leader is under arrest. we need to stop rewarding these nations with sporting events that give them an opportunity to cleanse their image.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

and britain has that Rothschild who controls Trillion dollar corruption funds like Global security fund and your monarchy squanders public money on pompous celebration while impoverishing its own population. Also britain protects wahabi terrorists.Considering this Britain should not be allowed to host tournaments.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If you think Poland is bad, wait until England play the Ukraine, in the Ukraine on the 19th June!

There are a few black players from various countries saying they will walk of the pitch if they are subjected to racism, unfortunately UEFA is failing to back these players and warning them they will be yellow carded if they do indeed leave the pitch.

As stated above, Poland/Ukraine should never have been awarded this competition until they could prove that they had taken a hard line against racism.......I doubt very much that the back page headlines over the next few weeks will be about the football being played.
edit on 8/6/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

and britain has that Rothschild who controls Trillion dollar corruption funds like Global security fund and your monarchy squanders public money on pompous celebration while impoverishing its own population. Also britain protects wahabi terrorists.Considering this Britain should not be allowed to host tournaments.

Yeah, but at least we aren't US Americans.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

.... what? By the way, the Rothschild rubbish aside, didn't a certain Texan idiot protect members of the Saudi Royal Family after 9/11? Let's see, who was that again...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

We invented the game. we have also managed to get rid of racism from the terraces of English Clubs, we should have a lot more influence over the game and how it is run.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Yeah, but at least we aren't US Americans.

LOL, US Americans....as opposed to the other types of Americans out there......

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

99% of the Polish people I speak to on a daily basis are not racist. And most of those who are have simply lacked exposure to different skin colors. Ukrain is a backwards hell hole compared to Poland, and there is NO comparison. Go cross the border into Ukrain, you exit poland from a modern air conditioned building and enter Ukrain by way of a shack with a screen door at the Medyka crossing. Not even exaggerating here.

I saw more racist graffiti in Heathrow (PAKIS GO HOME and such) than I ever have in Poland. Just because some skinheads from the country make fools of themselves does not mean the whole of the country is rotten. Please do not judge Poland by what you think you know. There is a reason Credit Suisse, HP and others have huge offices here(Which are two places where I teach english). The younger people are highly educated and highly skilled.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I simply do not like people who look at a man and see someone worth degrading. It makes me furious.

So often people are a part of a sub-culture that they fail to distance themselves from, and receive the brunt of racism. This is not a hate of a man for the colour of his skin, this is due to the actions or inactions taken by a group to dissuade such things. I am often calling for change in that respect, because people can be outright demons.

But here, it is simply because these guys are athletes in a competition. That is a sign of the low brow mentality of the opposite supporters.

God we live in a world where violence dictates the author of future history. We don't need people still stucking to the apron strings of colour hate.

In this I can only say that judging a man by the colour of his skin shows how long those people have to go before they can assume status in a modern world. But I will still always know where a group, tribe, culture that has no respect or tolerance for where they choose to exist, are worthy of no less than ridicule for their ignorance.

Skin colour is nothing. moral fiber is everything. the day they can be separated and the value of a human being be taken as it is expressed and proven, then maybe one day, just maybe, humans can evolve.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

We have our issues, but I don't recall watching any sports game where skinheads and other idiot groups like that were permitted to have signs up in the stands and if anyone started yelling racist slurs they would be kicked out of the stands. I just saw a video that looked like the Olympics during the 1930's .

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

We invented the game. we have also managed to get rid of racism from the terraces of English Clubs, we should have a lot more influence over the game and how it is run.

Maybe you should take care of John Terry first. When your former captain is on trial for racism, your words sorta lose their intended impact, no?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Well said....If you watch the panorama docu posted earlier you can see that the Polish/Ukraine officials are in complete denial over the racism problem they have, and the police appear completely oblivious to it.

I had to laugh at the official, who when asked to comment on the 3000 fans chanting "sieg heil" and performing the Nazi salute, claimed it wasn't racist, they were simply "pointing at something on the opposite side of the ground"

Unbelievable!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

And most of those who are have simply lacked exposure to different skin colors

So that's an excuse for racism?.....lack of exposure?

I do agree with you though, the Ukraine is infinitely more racist than Poland.......but Poland does have a problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join