It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They didn't say it was aliens. And they pictures are their site were not made by them - they just bemusedly posted them - there is cartoon about aliens as well, kind of funny.

Even a secret Russian floating security platform would be very interesting. I don't see how they are getting money out of this, except perhaps for further work in the future. They have no as far as I have seen, done anything unethical or misleading. Give them a chance.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't really know what to think about this one. It all sounds pretty crazy, like something from a sci-fi movie or hyping up the masses for a new film or video game or something. But when I heard they were waiting until next week to disclose what they found I became pretty sceptical and figured it was either all publicity and blown out of proportion, the government hushing them up and taking time to draft a cover-up scenario, or they really did find something and want to prepare beforehand.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
The team seems to be trying to drive public / national / international interest.

One of the crew members posting links to foxnews broadcasts on his facebook page. Seems to me like whatever is down their, they are trying to get a TV show out of it, whether its a documentary on Eden/National Geo or maybe just airtime on talk radio,

Anything to boost the profile and raise cash, hey i would do the exact same thing if i was in their position, After all, since all this has emerged, how much publicity have these guys had.....

these guys are nothing but small time promoters out for money.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I was with you in that being it till a previous thread made me post that ship and I found this out from this poster.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If it is an alien craft it could be millions or even billions of years old.

I'm watching eagerly but with a healthy amount of skepticism.

S+F

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Hey, thanks for the link.
Subscribed so can keep an eye on this thread.
I really hope they release some good footage of what ever it is, just so that at least we can get to the bottom of this.
I cant flag yet otherwise i would, so a star in the meantime.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Okay is the background picture on their website from a movie or something?

That'd be crazy if that is what's down there...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Ok this is exactly what I was just gonna post about. If you look on the video page, you will see more. I don't recall this background being there before. Was it? Look really close, there are tons of details! Is this our object?

Videos
edit on 7-6-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ahhh good fellows. It has been confirmed that there is indeed an object. Not rock as many have claimed! Take a gander at this article, it doesn't say much more. But it does say that it is indeed some sort of object.
Breaking News Baltic Sea UFO

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

these guys are nothing but small time promoters out for money.

What do you mean "promoters?" They are a business that uses sonar to find wrecks, and salvage things out of them. They found this oddity last year, and are following up on it. Do you blame them for trying to drum up interest? I would if I were them. Nothing wrong with that.. it's not like they are ripping people off. Just drumming up some media interest for future business.

Also, they were careful not to say it was an "object." They said something was hiding at the seabed. That alone made me think either it's something interesting and cool, but not mind-blowing.. OR.. they are keeping it low-key so as not to attract the wrong attention.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Alien creature caught on tape

Is there any particular reason you are posting a non-related, one-line reference to a youtube video in this thread?

No.. I thought not. If you want to generate interest in that.. create a new thread.. post your opinion on it, and more than 1 line.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

They kinda did say it was an object

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
reply to post by fleabit

They kinda did say it was an object

They never said the word object. They said:

There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath

They quite obviously left out anything that said it was an object. If there was an object, you'd think they would say that. But they did not.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I got this from another source. It is just describing what the reports convey. I am assuming this terminology was used, but maybe I am wrong.

The so-called "Baltic Sea UFO" has been relocated by divers on the research vessel Ocean Explorer and reports confirm there is a massive object on the seabed in the exact location found on sonar last year.

News.Gather.com

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That's clearly their own interpretation. That's not what the team said. Unless they have insider info they are not sharing. That's not what their site says at any rate. The "mystery beneath" makes me think it's just a rock formation.. but perhaps a constructed one, the majority of which is hiding beneath the seabed.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
If it is an alien craft it could be millions or even billions of years old.

Since the Baltic Sea is not anywhere near that old it's doubtful that, if it is an alien craft, it is that old.

Best guess; glacial erosion remnant.

The Baltic Sea is one of the youngest on the Earth. During each ice-sheet advance, the Baltic area was strongly eroded. It resulted in the formation of a vast depression, occupied today by the Baltic Sea.

my.opera.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Ah true true! Either way, it will sure be interesting. Especially at the possibility of a sunken stonehenge-like structure....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by iamhobo

Ok this is exactly what I was just gonna post about. If you look on the video page, you will see more. I don't recall this background being there before. Was it? Look really close, there are tons of details! Is this our object?

Videos
edit on 7-6-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

these were my considerations the moment i saw the news section! i stared very hard at the picture to see if i could point out any obvious hints of photo manipulation or effects, but it strangely looks like a legitimate picture (legitimate in the sense of there being no obvious signs of amateur manipulation. it seems that if it is computer generated, it would at the very least be from some notable movie or source).

does anybody have confirmation on where this picture could possibly be from? it seems rather odd that the search team would put a picture like that up - it's surely a sensational one, and they definitely knew that before they put it up.

i momentarily considered that they were trying to bypass the whole "breach of classified information" business by just literally posting up an actual picture of what's down there and pretending as if they still haven't recovered any legitimate data. certainly i'm troubleshooting at this point, but the question as far as i can tell still remains - where the hell is that picture from, and why would they decide to use it if they're not sure about what's really down there?

surely if that picture was from some obviously identifiable source, it would be clear that it is not an actual picture of the object. but what if it's not? in any case, it does seem strange that a random treasure diving team is apparently so intellectually invested in revealing this object. they do seem to be presenting this information with the intention of stirring hyped reactions.
edit on 8-6-2012 by facedye because: notable grammar correction i do declare

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join