It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know who is funding them? Is it someone like Discovery channel?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I presume this is what they expect to find then?

Image from above source..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've been following this for a while, as it is quite interesting. I have my doubts though, i mean these guys are treasure hunters, they have started selling merchandise etc, i think the whole thing stinks, they have dropped the word "UFO" several times (and even have a spooky X in their logo, like the x-files) I think they are after the attention. no such thing as bad publicity after all.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
I presume this is what they expect to find then?

Image from above source..

Cool.
It looks like it leaves a footprint. Whether that is because of a crash landing, or the ocean currents move it?

It's a pretty big rock huh?

Deviantart dot com owns the copyright of said photo.
edit on (6/7/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am going to star, flag and post a reply so that I get subscribed to this thread. I always like it when scientists actually investigate the paranormal, and I've had my eye on this story for a while. How exciting!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Curious to find out what lies beneath. I am waiting with skepticism about the photos though. In an digital age why does it take until next week to post photos unless something less honest is going to be done with them?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Military exercises in area?

Russians and Americans in the vicinity
The place where the object is located is secret, but there is still a concern among the team that someone has got there before it. The area lies in international waters and there are no laws that prevent others to explore the bottom.
- Right now it's a military exercise in the area where both Russians and Americans are involved. I can not help but wonder why it is happening right now, says Dennis Atkins.

Source

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Military exercises in area?

Russians and Americans in the vicinity
The place where the object is located is secret, but there is still a concern among the team that someone has got there before it. The area lies in international waters and there are no laws that prevent others to explore the bottom.
- Right now it's a military exercise in the area where both Russians and Americans are involved. I can not help but wonder why it is happening right now, says Dennis Atkins.

Source

Did you hear that the Titanic has sunk as well,

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The team seems to be trying to drive public / national / international interest.

One of the crew members posting links to foxnews broadcasts on his facebook page. Seems to me like whatever is down their, they are trying to get a TV show out of it, whether its a documentary on Eden/National Geo or maybe just airtime on talk radio,

Anything to boost the profile and raise cash, hey i would do the exact same thing if i was in their position, After all, since all this has emerged, how much publicity have these guys had.....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yes, im sure i read somewhere that there is a documentary getting made, following them as they investigate the object.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Can we just have scientific discoveries without assholes wanting money for it?! I understand that people are inherently greedy but for #s sakes!

Just give us this without asking for the handjob and some money out of it. If its so exciting, or world shaking, then a true human being without thought would immediately release findings onto a secure tor page, social media outlets and some form of blog or forums.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Good idea posting an updated thread on this, I was keeping a close eye on the other thread and was disappointed to see it slip off the front page but its all kicking off now

I have a horrible feeling that this will be covered up if it is indeed a crashed UFO, if they hadn't have said more details next week in the update then I would be less sceptical. Hopefully I will be proved wrong, but regardless of what this anomaly is I wanna see some up close and personal photos dammit!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah me too, some answers would be nice, weird thing is, there are two of those structures quite close together, and they bear an uncanny resemblance to the NASA STS tether footage ufo things...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sounds dodgy to me. They are down there already, abd
they say its odd, but photos and more news next week!

I will bet you my life that nothing comes of this, it never does.
I hope in wrong, but history tells you otherwise :+

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Hopefully we'll get to see what exactly this thing is.

Actually there's 2 objects the large circular object,and a smaller rectangular object about 250feet from the big one.They also said they didn't know if they would be able to dive down due to rough seas and poor visibility, but they will have a submersible to use to take videos and pictures.Even though they said it could be a ufo(they don't believe in ufo's),they haven't ruled out a natural formations yet as it could be anything at this point.

Gotta love a good mystery!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just my two cents, but I feel like it is just a money making scheme as well. The biggest part of making me think that is their videos page on their website. Now, when you go to it there are just a bunch of random youtube videos. All of them are for the idea the anomaly is a "ufo/uso", it seems they are just trying everything they can to make it look like it is some alien ship.

Honestly, any real expeditions of any kind rely on their own research, and in my opinion, no real dedicated research team would post random youtube videos on their site. I hate the general term of "scientists", it is such a super broad ranging group, but any real scientist would be pissed at the crap people put on youtube based on their research. This all just screams dishonesty and stringing it along as much as possible to milk out some money and deals before they reveal what the actually anomaly is.

Here is the link to the videos page for anyone curious, just to make it easier for everyone to see.
Video page
Just scroll down and you will see all the random stuff they posted, just trying to add to their hype. It just seems so unprofessional for the field of research.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I missed those other 2 or 3 threads so by starting this one the OP gave this news to atleast one pair of new eyes. We dont all spend all day refreshing this website.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
by now they know what it is. and we're told to wait a few days for news on it.
this would be to give them time to get back on land and arrange a press conference. get the world's press in for the big reveal. my guess is its the remains of some kind of ship thats been split up and moved by the water. this would explain the 'drag' marks. also there is another anomaly 250m away. this could be the rest of the ship. the circular shape is due to erosion.
if it was a ufo i reckon the statement would perhaps say that they are still examining the anomaly.
surely they would spend a lot more time down there if it was one.
to say that they are amazed at what it is suggests something more than a rock formation, but not a ufo imho
edit on 7/6/12 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I can't find the exact thread as there are quite a few, but I thought it was determined that this is what it was?

Some sort of sunken Russian floating security platform or something of the sort.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
we got like two three threads

why do you make a new one instead of adding your news in the existing one?

scratch that you posted info already on the other threads....

edit on 7-6-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

Not all people who post duplicate threads simply post them before searching. Depending on what and how they do their search, some members will be more successful than others, and therefore there statistically will be duplicate threads.

Instead of complaining, why don't you devise a procedure for everyone to follow, including phrase and keyword examples, so that this doesn't happen if your method is utilized. I don't want you to do this as a favor to the community...I want you to do this so I can laugh at you and say I told you so, because it still will not work for everyone. Why don't you try posting something that has to do with the thread at hand, and leave the moderating to the moderators...Your post was just ridiculous.

I remember reading about the whole blockage incident, and it was obvious that it could have occurred, given that military exercises were approaching for the region, but to find they were already there and searching is quite refreshing. I just hope that in saying they indeed found something unusual doesn't end with, "the unusual "thing" we found was a volcano..." or "an underwater mountain" lol...That would be heart-wrenching for me, since that is what I expected it was to begin with, only for them to have me doubt my initial hypothesis. I would still like to be wrong though, and hopefully it is more in the ballpark of an "artifact." Something manmade or, just possibly, extraterrestrial...lol. I highly doubt it, and that would go against what I believe anyway, but I suppose we will see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join