It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CT scans lined to cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
CT scans lined to cancer

CT scans expose children to radiation that could give them cancer, according to a review of children’s imaging data published Wednesday in the British medical journal Lancet.

To give it a proper perspective, I'm not a lay person in the sense that I have proper education in nuclear physics and radiation safety. I usually dismiss any hysteria due to radiation as hysteria. However, these new findings must have a solid foundation in statistics (otherwise I doubt they would be published). So there. Unexpected.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Not surprised...the more mammograms a woman has - the more likely she is to get cancer. Why would anyone do this to themselves? If a Dr says to do something, I think long and hard about it.

edit on 7-6-2012 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
reply to post by buddhasystem

Not surprised...the more mammograms a woman has - the more likely she is to get cancer. Why would anyone do this to themselves? If a Dr says to do something, I think long and hard about it.

I know, I declined to authorize an additional round of X-ray on my little daughter (like 5th round), which I thought was "just in case", and with all my ambivalence towards all sorts of radiation (I basically grew up 300 ft away from a nuclear reactor), I would still err on the side of caution.

This does not apply to airport scanners, by the way, I do think we have data to show that these are safe.

new topics

join