It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Jindal Rising as Romneys VP Choice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Story Here - with info on Jindal

Ronald Kessler reporting from Washington, D.C.— Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is rising as Mitt Romney’s possible pick for vice president, according to campaign sources. Last month, Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist touted Jindal for the vice presidential slot in an opinion piece for Politico. Norquist tells me he wrote the piece knowing that “Jindal is a leading option.”

- Born of imigrants from India
- Born in Baton Rouge Louisiana.
- Worked his way out of having a 'poor' background.
- School records available ... excellent grades.
- Brown University double major.
- Rhodes scholarship at Oxford University (was accepted to Harvard and Yale but turned them down)
- At age 24 became Secretary of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
- President of the University of Louisiana System.
- In 2001 - assistant secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- elected a congressman in 2004 and re-elected two years later
- elected governor of Louisiana in 2007
- Last October, he won re-election with 66 percent of the total vote
- Refused Obama's stimulus money.
- Says he doesn't like to use teleprompters
- He's 40 years old, married, 3 kids. (he delivered the 3rd one before the ambulance could get there)
- Raised Hindu .. became Catholic.

Well .. at least he's quallified and his birth/school records aren't fuzzy. It's all there to see and nothing is being blocked. According to what is floating around the internet, Jindal is on the 'short list'. Kinda funny .. I think he's more qualified to be POTUS than Romney is.

Biggest names being discussed for Romney VP on the internet at this time -
Bobby Jindal, Chris Christy, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan.

edit on 6/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Biggest names being discussed for Romney VP on the internet at this time -
Bobby Jindal, Chris Christy, Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan.

edit on 6/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

I think you're forgetting one contender...Mitch Daniels.

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels Would 'Disconnect The Phone' If He Thought Romney Was Calling Him To Be His VP Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Although, rumor has it that Bilderberg wants Daniels as the VP.

However, the list looks right to me.

I still pray that a miracle happens and Romney doesn't get the nod.

What? a boy can dream...
edit on 6/7/2012 by freakjive because: adding links - denoting sarcasm a lil better

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That would be a great choice!

Here is the problem I see though.....

All those extremely strong VP candidates like Jindal, Rand, Rubio are also strong Presidential candidates for 2016. This November will be a hard fought campaign, and the Republicans will likely lose. So, those strong 2016 candidates should steer away from hitching to a losing campaign, and instead seek the 2016 nomination. Even if Romney wins in November, then they have the neutered position of VP, and they have to toe the party line until 2020, at which time their popularity might be waning.

It would be a horrible decision for these strong VP candidates to accept the slot. It will likely go to someone a little more obscure.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
That would be a great choice!

I agree.

the Republicans will likely lose.

I agree.

The strongest VP choices - Bobby Jindal, Chris Christy - are more qualified than Romney to be POTUS. They are smarter, have more experience, and can present themselves much better to the American people. In 2016 a Christy/Jindal ticket may be able to beat a Hillary/?? ticket (which I'd bet is in the works).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
3 Days ago, on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I said this;

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If I were Romney (but I'm not) I'd pick Bobby Jindal.

He's #1 in my book.

*Bazinga*

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Idk man. I think Romney has a decent shot at beating Obama. There are worse places to be than VP for 4 or 8 years. In 8 years he would still be 17 years younger than Mitt is now.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Jindal?

Never in a million years.

Disinfo.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree! He should run for president himself. In my opinion he is more
Qualified then mitt Romney and there is no secrets or weirdness with this
Guy. He is a straight shooter. Yeah he might not have much in the way of foreign policy
But neither does Romney or current potus. He would def be a republican
I could vote for. After all we don't need a foreign policy president right now we need
A pres that can fix our nations problems

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Bobby Jindal? LMAO! Probably the only VP pick that can make Romney look less candy and more of a man's man.

Really though, he's finished running before he even started. The fact that he tried to exorcise a former non-girlfriend because she was acting funny (read feeling frisky) is just plain weird.

www.motherjones.com...

There's just very little hope of that sort of thing being acceptable to most Americans.

If Romney picks him it will be a colossal mistake.

I agree with the poster above who suggested Mitch Daniels. Chris Christie will out shine Romney, Rubio, not enough gravitas, Ryan, smarter than Romney.

edit on 6/7/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by getreadyalready

Idk man. I think Romney has a decent shot at beating Obama. There are worse places to be than VP for 4 or 8 years. In 8 years he would still be 17 years younger than Mitt is now.

Maybe, but that's a lot of iffs. If he wins, and if his presidency is somewhat successful, and if the Republican party goes in a direction that is similar to your own views and future platform, then you are the shoe-in for the next nomination, but if he loses, or if he is an ineffective president, or if he goes in a direction that contrasts the platform you want to run on, then your name is tainted.

I think turning down VP and lobbying for a nice Cabinet Position is a better launching pad for a future run for president. From there, you can make your own name, and stay at arm's length from the President if things go awry, and you can always resign if things go really sour, and then you have the perfect platform to begin your own campaign.

I think Hillary nailed it with the Secretary of State position.

I still think Obama will be a landslide though. Not because I like him, but because he has all the cards. He will set the mood of the Nation. Have you noticed gas prices lately? Bank of America reached a settlement. Tourist season is underway. By the end of summer the MSM will be singing Obama's praises, and the Christmas Season will be forecast to be a record setter. Trouble in Euro strengthens our Dollar, USA Today is talking about bright outlook for Iraq. Everything Romney plans to run on, will be insignificant by November, and Obama will look like the cat that ate the canary. He already looks like that all the time anyway, because he knows TPTB still want him in office.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Jindal is a phoney, he is a huge RINO
conservatives from Louisiana know this.
He has the entire nation fooled though.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Right wing protestants heads are going to explode.

They are going to have to vote for a Mormon president with an ex-hindu/Catholic VP.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Jindal is a phoney, he is a huge RINO
conservatives from Louisiana know this.
He has the entire nation fooled though.

Well, he obviously had me fooled.

Why is he a RINO?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

They are going to have to vote for a Mormon president with an ex-hindu/Catholic VP.

Do you have something of value to add to this thread? Btw, one of the most revered presidents of the last 50 years was Catholic.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think it's a valid point. Romney doesn't really want religion to be any sort of an issue in this election as it will draw attention to his own.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Someone poke me. I think I'm dead. I just agreed with Outkast.

Well put. Even if someone else on this thread doesn't like it...
edit on 6/7/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

What's wrong with his religion? He's a Christian.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Do you have something of value to add to this thread? Btw, one of the most revered presidents of the last 50 years was Catholic.

Am I not free to comment on the politics of religion?

The OP made it a point to show his religion...religion plays a very important role in the Republican party.

I have no problem voting for a Catholic, a Hindu, a Muslim, or any other religion...but a faction in the Republican party does.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

There is nothing wrong with it.

But it's no secret that the campaign doesn't want religion to be a focus.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I don't see that KJ. It's no secret he's a Mormon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join