It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Close to Picking VP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It was a simple question. No need to bash or act uncivilized.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
nice edit .............

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
LMAO at you for saying Rubio is "exciting"...hahahhaha............I think Paul should pick Napolitano ? Whos this Romney guy?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It doesn't matter whom Romney picks....he has no chance of winning!

There are too many Republicans that will not compromise their beliefs for the sake of the party and will stay home on election day. I myself am in that category and I will be sure to be busy playing video games with the kids on election day if Romney and Obama are my only choice.

By the way, Marco Rubio is a renowned liar and GOP puppet....maybe he will fit right in on a Romney ticket.
edit on 4-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Double posted for your pleasure
edit on 4-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It's Rubio ...For Latino votes...same way Palin was for women's votes, and I expect a similair outcome.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Not Rand Paul...Romney doesn't need the far right, they will vote anti-Obama despite not liking Romney.

Romney needs the middle or specific group with a sizable voting block, ideally both...Rubio and a little etch-n-sketch will be the strategy.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Don't know Bob Portman.

Marco Rubio would probably just annoy the immigrant voters.

Chris Christie has repeatedly said that he's not interested.

At least Palin isn't being considered.

Why not pick someone like Condi Rice, a seasoned politician and already a household name?

I'd be more interested to see who Ron Paul would pick if he's going to run as an independant. I hope he makes an announcement soon. I'd love to see him announce on July 4.
edit on 4-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

If I were Romney (but I'm not) I'd pick Bobby Jindal.

He's #1 in my book.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Not Rand Paul...Romney doesn't need the far right, they will vote anti-Obama despite not liking Romney.

Romney needs the middle or specific group with a sizable voting block, ideally both...Rubio and a little etch-n-sketch will be the strategy.

Just goes to show that people will vote against Obama just because he's Obama, regardless of who the candidate is.

Only about 5% of REGISTERED Republicans voted during the primaries. 95% didn't give a hoot who the candidate is.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes. We live in the apex of the culture wars...buttons have been pushed so often no one even realizes they are being used anymore. People will vote as if their way of life depended on it...without ever giving a thought as to what that actually means.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
I thought you could not pick unless it was official that the person was the last and final candidate of the party.

It is official, Romney is the nominee since he surpassed the 1144 pledged delegates needed and President Obama called him and congratulated him on winning the nomination.

All the Ron Paul delegate smokescreens are just hurt feelings for doing so poorly. Don't believe any of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Only about 5% of REGISTERED Republicans voted during the primaries. 95% didn't give a hoot who the candidate is.

Where are you getting these numbers because I would like to know?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter who Romney picks... he will probably turn around and select a different one in a couple weeks.

Good ole' indecisive Mitt.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Oh right. I thought i mighta been edwards. Lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Don't know Bob Portman.

Marco Rubio would probably just annoy the immigrant voters.

Chris Christie has repeatedly said that he's not interested.

At least Palin isn't being considered.

Why not pick someone like Condi Rice, a seasoned politician and already a household name?

I'd be more interested to see who Ron Paul would pick if he's going to run as an independant. I hope he makes an announcement soon. I'd love to see him announce on July 4.
edit on 4-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

Condi would have been a good choice but has said publicly she is not interested. He needs some one who will get the base excited, and help with Latino and women voters he has ticked off. Most of the good choices are staying away until 2016 as they see this as a loss already. That really shrinks the box of choices. I would say he should just shoot outside the box but, that was a disaster for Mcain so I do not know what the guy should do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join