It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo's at the olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Nick Pope, who has more than two decades under his belt at the Ministry of Defence, said mass summer events - like the Olympic Games in London - would be a prime time for crafts from otherworlds to present themselves to mankind.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Alas, they will not.

They have had many chances to do it, yet never have. Why now?

vvv

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I will have to let down Mr Pope

and the reason is why now at the olympic games of england and not in 2008 in China?

or 2004 in Greece?Why now?

does he do it for publicity?to attract tourists in england?or is it because its 2012 and he knows something we dont?

or is it that dailymail could be a sensationalism type paper doing it to draw attention?

'If UFOs came into our atmosphere, RAF jets such as the Eurofighter Typhoons, and missiles such as the Rapiers guarding the Olympic Games would be well equipped to enter the fray.

Does that mean a eurofighter can compete with a ufo?Did i lose episodes?

edit on 7-6-2012 by

The logical course is to unite the world against the alien threat, combining our military strength and fighting under the United Nations. But some countries might not fight.

'We saw this type of treachery and cowardice in the Second World War. Though some brave people joined the Resistance, much of France accepted Nazi occupation.

Are we being prepared?

Nice article op

edit on 7-6-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

There were millions at the queens jubilee at the weekend....big no show for the ufo
Maybe they dont like elton john and tom jones

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The only Craft you're likely to notice in the vast crowds at the Olympics is the ancient craft of pick pocketing.

Alas blue beam is still a cool dream... And real aliens? Just keep shouting 'yes' up into the sky and also some 'we invite you'

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Makes perfect sense; fly light years to watch earthlings compete in sporting events

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh dear , Nicks finally gone and flipped .

He said: 'The government must - and has planned - for the worst-case scenario: alien attack and alien invasion.
'Space shuttles, lasers and directed-energy weapons are all committed via the Alien Invasion War Plan to defense against any alien ships in orbit.

'If UFOs came into our atmosphere, RAF jets such as the Eurofighter Typhoons, and missiles such as the Rapiers guarding the Olympic Games would be well equipped to enter the fray.

'And if the aliens landed, in an unprecedented move, I am in doubt that the entire Army would be join the fight.

'The TA and the Reserves would be called out and conscription potentially introduced. .

Space shuttles ,lasers and directed-energy weapons .. really , and if they fail we'll throw the Eurofighter at them
, I'm sure they'll have no response to that after traveling light years to get here

edit on 7-6-2012 by gortex because: Speeling edit

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
i know its ridiculas thats why i put the rolling his eyes smiley,that fella on the article looks like that french ufo discose vid i cant find it on youtube but that was a load of sh!t aswell

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

There were millions at the queens jubilee at the weekend....big no show for the ufo
Maybe they dont like elton john and tom jones

I think the Olympics would be a better place to show themselves. Millions of people from different countries gathered in one area.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Seriously?

Maybe a Nuclear war, but no invasion from UFOs.

I'm sure they can find a better specimen, like me for instance.

TFF

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hahahaha! That's pretty funny OP. But no, I don't really think we'll have an alien exposure soon... Or at all for that matter.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sol23

1.2 million lined the route of the jubilee pageant.
11.9 million tuned into bbc to watch the thames flotilla.
17 million tuned into bbc to watch the jubilee concert.
780,000 landed in heathrow
400,000 landed in gatwick.
plenty of coverage for all nations.
if aliens come to the olympics i hope they tested for perforance enhancing drugs.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Im sure there are going to be plenty of insects flying through the beams of spotlights that people are going to claim are flying saucers when they see a speck of light whiz past the camera on TV. Also helicopters and maybe flying RC quadcopters carrying cameras.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Posted in an upstart thread:

Originally posted by Phage
There probably will be UFO reports.

Unmanned drones equipped with surveillance cameras will be flown across the skies of London during next year's Olympic Games, The Independent has learnt.

www.independent.co.uk...

That article seems to consist of a mashup of various statements from Pope. Somewhat incoherent.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

like the Olympic Games in London - would be a prime time for crafts from otherworlds to present themselves to mankind.

Could it not be the case that this is as a result of a massive increase in the number of people present in the city along with increased or rather changed air activity then people getting drunk and eventually mistaking the Olympic stadium for a UFO Mothership.

And also, why the London Games, why did the little green men not present themselves to the world at the last games, are they just really big fans of David Beckham and Duran Duran?

top topics

join