It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain says US should be 'ashamed' of inaction over Syria conflict, Wants intervention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Republican senator steps up rhetoric against Obama, saying US should not allow Russia and China to dictate intervention

Source guardian

The Republican former presidential candidate also called for the declaration of safe havens inside Syria, protected by US air power if necessary, after visiting refugee camps at which he said he met women who were raped and soldiers who defected to the opposition.

The call from McCain, who is the highest ranking Republican on the armed services committee, will increase the pressure on Obama, who is facing growing demands for stronger action over Syria following the massacre of more than 100 people in Houla last month, including scores of children and women shot execution-style in the head. The president is also being forced to fend off accusations from Republicans that he is failing to stand up to Russia and China, which have blocked tougher measures against Damascus.

The senator said that the US should not allow Moscow and Beijing to stand in the way and should act unilaterally. "We didn't need a UN resolution in Kosovo and if the United States of America and other countries are willing to turn over the decision making process to the good wishes and motivation of Russia and China then obviously we will do nothing because Russia continues not only to oppose action in the security council but continues to arm Bashar Assad. I'm not ready to base action to help people who are struggling for freedom on whether the Russians will veto any action or not in the security council."

You can think of all kinds of reasons not to act. The facts on the ground are indisputable. Bashar Assad is slaughtering and massacring his own people. Torture, rape and murder are matters of doctrine," he said. "We can look back on this as we did with Bosnia and Kosovo with pride or we can look back on it with shame as we did in Rwanda.

The senator rejected concerns from some in the US Congress that it would be dangerous to arm the Syrian opposition activists when it is not clear what their loyalties or whether they are linked to Islamic extremists. "I heard that same tune as far as Libya was concerned. I heard the same thing in Bosnia and Kosovo by those who simply have a view that we don't intervene to help people who are struggling for their freedom," he said. "These people are the direct repudiation of al-Qaida.

There you have it, once again John McCain is urging and over stepping the powers of those of a president and he doesn't believe that the Free Sryian Army and rebels are Islamic extremists? well knowingly they have threaten to kill the Christians.

I heard the same thing in Bosnia and Kosovo by those who simply have a view that we don't intervene to help people who are struggling for their freedom,

Really McCain? they are struggling for their freedom? thats why GW Bush endorsed them to?
hardly John McCain should glad to know that Kosovo is a cleansed state of all christian Serbs.

Its a pure Albanian state.

Yes i can see what kind of struggling for their freedom like Bosnia was doing,huge unemployment rates, increasing rates of nation spread state crimes, drug trafficking,just like in Kosovo.

A recent Foreign Policy Magazine issue already admitted what the rebels are fighting for isn't about truggling for their freedom, hats pure nonsense.

Its about Israel. Not freedom.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
He probably promised the CEO of some oil company on a golf outing that he'd "help" the stock price go up in some time frame.

EDIT:

It's about oil. Not freedom.

There you go.
edit on 6-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What a shill. Like McCain doesn't know that the intelligence agencies have been inciting violence over there.
I see a battle between one basically evil government and and outside basically evil government with a lot of good regular folks caught in the middle. It's all a mess. Our world is a mess, and it's because of oppressive governments and the mega corporate interests. They all suck.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why would anybody care what McCain says about anything?

second line

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yes John, thats our leaders solution to this countries multitude of crises.Attack Syria,Iran,fill in country.These military adventures cost money that taxpayers no longer have.Also why?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
John McCain is a warmonger! He wants in every war that involved the M.E.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This nonsense needs to stop, seriously. Where are "We the People's" heads at, neocons, warmongers what in the Hell did Syria do to us? Have they bombed us? Can they manuever air strikes against us? Remind me why we care other then corporate intrests, war profiteering. John Mc Cain learned nothing about reasonable sacrifice while being tortured (if true) in Vietnam, he is such a freakin' shill. I thought life experience teaches you something, I guess not, all we got out of John Mc Cain is a corrupt politician, who can't lift his arms above his head, I guess he can't salute his masters. No more wars!! No Syria, No N.Korea, No Iran, we are broke!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It amazes me that a guy who spent 7 years being tortured as a prisoner of war in Vietnam is always the one to want to send troops into harms way.

You'd think he'd be shell shock.

I guess PTSD has an expiration date.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
send mccain to lead the way on the front line. wonder if he will change his mind?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sounds to me that McCain is admitting that we have terrorists and are aiding them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
so, in conclusion, what you guys are really saying is...

We should let those people die.

It's none of our concern because we dont want anymore war...

Again... We should let those people die. Because war is BS and we dont want to Die from war anymore. We dont want our kids to die for the sake of someone elses life or liberty.

.... got it. This is where I get enough of the idiocy and the serious childishness of ATS.

Someone please ban my account, for this is my last login.

I cant put myself among the kinds of people that plague this forum. When is too much too much?

So I guess I'll just bow out and let you ignorant bastards go on with your 'know it all" ways and to hell with the world around us...

You know what the main problem is? You! people like you! And anyone else who subscribes to BS like this simply because they dont want to get their hands dirty.

No wonder why there is so much murder in this country. There are too damn moraless mindless idiots living in and running it.

but... those people in syria are #.... who gives a rats ass if they live or if they die.

I bet most of you fkrz would stand and watch someone die just because you cant make a valid decision to save your life. I would love to see every bit of this come back to bite every one of you in the ass one day, in a way that you'll remember the very words you throw out in argument because of clueless BS that you believe in.

... if life isnt important to you, then you should take your own right now. Seriously. If you dont value ANY and ALL life, why in the hell do you even bother breathing my sacred air???

fk you, fk ats, and fk all the idiot morons who subscribe to this hatred insanity that is alive and well on this forum.

may you get your just rewards...

Cant wait for you guys to wake up one day and realise you wasted your whole life living a lie.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Seems like you haven't learned anything out of the libyan war have you now?
not surprised seems like the war propaganda is catching on some people still, i can tell.

The rebels, the Free Sryian Army backed by Washington DC have threaten to kill the christian in a month old video.

dont tell me you missed Danny the activist got busted threads.

Seems to me America is on the side with Turkey, Saudis and the terrorists on Removing Assad, in order to create a pro Israel government in Sryia after the mess, even FP admits it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I think you should read this.

The Real Reason

Its about Israel not freedom even though the writer claims but things dont always go as they claim.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You seem to put way to much stock into what one senator says and thinks.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think you should read this.

The Real Reason

Yes denying Iran's 3 ship armada access to the med is a major priority.....

/end sarcasm

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
MCains an assh&*(*e.
Slime of the worst sort.....the US is already there fomenting this crap.....
The whole slate of possibles for the presidency are ALL shills for the corporate agenda.
The poor and the hungry get used for their poverty and hunger.....and killed in their millions like cattle, to move the agenda towards its final goals.....control....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Please let the door hit you on the way out

another one bites the dust

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Our country is broke, US taxpayers should not be on the hook for the stability of the world. I doubt there is a crisis in Syria, I think its a desprate attempt to remove a leader who will not play by Israels rules. There is something called propaganda, MSM have been caught faking gunfire, air raids ect., as far back as Gulf War. How many mangled kids now reside in Libiya? Far more today, then there were under Khadaffi, and if you think he was a monster, think again Libiyans were well taken care of. If you haven't thought Syria is BS, please hit up some comment sections, where Syrians are commenting. I remember a woman from Syria who commented a while back on completely unrelated articles telling us it was staged, I will take her word over any MSM news source, its just like "Wag the Dog"
edit on 7-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by kat2684 because: add

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The US can not be the world police force.

If John M wants intervention perhaps he should speak to the UN and get them to intervene.

Our country has serious debt, not the least of which came from the two wars that we are still fighting. Don't open another front.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
McCain -- yea, he has done that before -- Ask him, who in his family is going to lead the charge ? that will shut his war mongering hanoi hilton ass up.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Give John McCain a gun and send him over there to fight. I don't understand why we butt into the Mediterranean countries business. Let them take care of their own, if they get powerful and start harassing us then nuke em. It seems that our country always talks about rights of the people but we keep bombing other countries. Don't those countries people have rights?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join