It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS EURO 2012 Fantasy Football Tournament.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
top of the ats leaderboard. wont last for long

goalscoring midfielders are what i look for.
ireland playing tonight. if we can do a denmark and get 3 points, we're halfway there.
someone needs to 'bite' modric's legs. bring back keano...
in the other match today i can see balottelli banging in a goal. if he's in the humour that is.
i wonder if spain will go with torres
edit on 10/6/12 by SecretKnowledge because: had to insert 'ats'

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Well done on a great start - long way to go yet though.

I've had a moderate sort of start - shrewd use of transfers could well be the key to this.

The Republic face a tough task - no easy games in that group - bit like England's......but you never know.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Yeah well done mate, doing very well

Good luck to Ireland too, I'll be cheering them on (and wishing my Croatian players score too
)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Double post.

ETA:

I think you're right freeborn, much like the WC one, transfers may well be key

But with results like the Danes... who the **** knows what's gonna happen mate.
edit on 10/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

long way to go alright. transfers definitely the key. and goalscoring captains.
i think if england can get a result against the french, then they could do very well

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
i wonder if spain will go with torres

Me too....I swapped llorente 'cos I had no idea if he'd play... with Villa out who knows who Spain will start up front.
I didn't wanna risk Llorente so used a transfer.

*sigh*

Llorente will prob bag 2 now

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

ha! you should wait till you see the teams about 30 min before kick off.
damn im giving away tips here

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Well probably will.... but man, kinda was buzzin and up early and did it earlier this morning :shk:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Nothing I've tried so far - none of the form players and teams have worked.

It was honestly like Van Persie was been replaced by some guy who looked a bit like him but with all the skills of a frog.

This one is going to be extremely hard to call.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well Gomez is my only "big" player to score so far.... the Dutch were embarrassing man.

But still, plenty of games and plenty of time for players to find their feet and get going.

I like (from a football point of view) the way the tournament is so far, very unpredictable and keeping everyone guessing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It's certainly more entertaining than the World Cup in 2010, without the vuvuzelas and complaints about the lightweight ball.The ball they are playing with looks like the old school adidas tango.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

It's certainly more entertaining than the World Cup in 2010, without the vuvuzelas and complaints about the lightweight ball.The ball they are playing with looks like the old school adidas tango.

i think the ball is called 'tango 2'.
european football is stronger than anywhere else. so the tournament is going to have some 'shock' results.
a lot of the players are champions league players so the standard is top notch.
the world cup is predictable and less exciting.
speaking of shock results, COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not good.....checked various football and news sources before making a couple of changes this morning.
Realised that somehow my Captain changes hadn't been registered and was for some reason reverting to my default Captain?

I went to work on my allotment more or less all day and got back home just in time to watch the England game, (I shall reserve judgement and comment), and realised that one of my selections wasn't starting - he did come on as a substitute, (the lack of pub and beer may surprise a few but I fear it's the onset of approaching middle age etc).

After the game I immediately made myself something to eat and did a few things around the house before sitting down to watch the second game.
Only to find that despite being reported fit earlier in the day Johan Elmander was not fit enough to play tonight.

Two wasted transfers and no Captains playing!

This comes after yesterdays debacle of two of my players not playing despite both appearing in all of their nations qualifiers etc.

I had been unable to rectify that as yesterday I was in the afore mentioned pub all day.

Things are not going according to plan.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Not good mate.... the papers' "Probable lineups" don't seem to be the best to be honest. :shk:

But yes, this tourney is very difficult and looking at what people did in qualifying and who did what when doesn't seem to be paying dividends either.

Oh well.

At least the football is pretty decent.

It's the reverse of the World Cup dream Team mate.

My teams are "Having a 'mare" this time too :shk:

Like somebody said, wait until an hour/half hour before and look at the official team news and if you're near a computer, you can make changes.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Been checking up on a couple of 'reputable' websites as well as other obvious sources.

Still - as you say, definately been some decent games - hope it continues.

Problem is, I tend to be somewhere else half an hour before kick off.....or just absent minded.

The World Cup in 2010 was certainly a little more predictable etc - I doubt I'll be getting the double up!

Mind you, Breaking News, I have got Schevchenko and I'm not sure but I might even have succesfully selected him as Captain.

ETA.
I sure have.....and Elmander seems to have had a Lazarus like recovery and has come on as a substitute.
Seems like a good old whinge on ATS could be the key!
edit on 11/6/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

WOW man.... you'll do well from good old Shevchenko mate.

That's a shrewd move right there.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
God bless the transfer system

2nd atm

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I made the assumption that Johan Elmander would be starting aswel after seeing many line-ups before the game, by the time i realised it was too late.

Also my captain did not change from yesterday even though i changed it when i made transfers...

I think this fantasy league is missing a 3 sub system where you choose 3 subs just incase some of your players don't play or you don't have time to rectify your team because of a suspension.

I'm mid table at the minute so not doing too bad, it just always seems to be the other player that scores instead of mine

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well thanks to Virgin 'Frickin' Media... I have been unable to make changes and select captains for a couple of days now.

I have "Intermittent Internet Service" Which really means **** all.... maybe an hour in the evening/night.
They will have this sorted (apparently) by the 15th.... we'll see.

I tried to do it on my phone but It's waaaaay too fiddly.

Oh well.

I can go make some changes now but I see just from 2 days, I'm already way behind.

Good luck to the rest of you guys anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Plenty of time mate, as long as your not too far behind come the group stages anything could happen.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join