It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poleshift Ning posts evidence of "wrong" path of Venus transit - site immediately goes down???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

You've now entered the late stages of fear mongering. You went from genuine fear and magnanimous intentions, to bold doom peddling when faced with failure of your pet project, to now utter and complete desperation for something...anything...to be wrong in order to validate the fact that you've wasted the last 3 months of your life worrying about jack#.

I too have progressed...from viewing you as a troll posting for giggles, then to shameless fear-mongerer, and now to a sad, little man.
edit on 6-6-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is just starting to get sad. People will even look for a conspiracy in the Venus transit because they want something to happen so badly.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Mate, really?

You requested members don't ask you to prove anything..

I'll give you all the stars and flags you seek if you can provide me with but three confirmed predictions made by Nancy Lieder.

People like you make me absolutely furious, you seem to have some form of discernable intelligence and are atleast thinking with regard to issues outside f your backyard but let complete morons like Nancy guide your thoughts, doing your darndest o scare the hell out of the rest of us in the meantime!

P.S I know it's just a name but Planet X is NOT here.

Back to the YouTube conspiracy videos pal...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

thanks for the info amigo. this is why i was asking because i have little knowledge in the field.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

now to a sad, little man.

I think you are projecting..........

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That site is almost completely hoaxes. If there were any discrepancy then it would have been seen by any of the hundreds of thousands to millions of amateurs that watched the event as well as all of the satellites that gave feeds to the internet.

I doubt Nancy Lieder has any ability to discern that there was an issue. The hoaxers on that site might even have been unable to understand what was happening so in the face of utter failure on their part to understand it they make this sham announcement that there was a discrepancy.

I have rad through the post and as always eriktheaweful and nghunter and other have shown that things were expected. Whne people think they have found a discrepancy the first thing to do is to count to 10 and recheck the info before screaming. It saves for a lot of embarrassment.
edit on 7-6-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

To be completely honest, you lost me the moment you introduced Nancy Lieder to the discussion.

-saige-

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't care that it was wrong. But when I saw a video on that transit, the long awaited herald for dark side plans, I noticed it was transparent, and the light shone through, and had an inner message, the Defense were up for this event. So, its backfired, and Goodness is where its at.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by ColAngus

now to a sad, little man.

I think you are projecting..........

I hope your family doesn't suffer too much from this period of your life.

And I genuinely do wish for you to get better. This is no way to live your life.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh it's that witch again Nancy Lieder lawl if anyone watches her
edit on 9-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I really, really, really, really, really have a problem with Nancy Lieder.
If there's any proof that doesn't include her, let me know.

Yes, she was wrong about the 2003 date, and IMO she should have never counselled people to kill their pets, but she has actually been right about hundreds of other things, and let me humbly suggest that if one of your life philosophies is to judge the message by the messenger you might run into difficulties.

In another thread when I brought up the killing pets you claimed she never told anyone to do that, so please get your facts straight and there are questions waiting for you elsewhere in your other thread that you are ignoring OP...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

And, might I suggest in turn, that before you accept the message, you consider the source?
Otherwise, you might run into difficulties

When you decide to incarnate on the planet Earth, that's the moment from whereon you will be guaranteed to run into difficulties.

Of course that kind of thinking is logical, sometimes necessary, and time-saving.

But sometimes it can be important to have the ability to judge a message without even knowing the source. If you can't do that, chances are, some day you will be duped, or will take the path of lies instead of the path of truth.

We must all be able to discern whether a message has wisdom and truth in it or not, completely independent from it's source.

The only reason why Jesus had to be deity, was that it was the only way to ensure the message would remain pure and unchanged. But the message should be able to be evaluated separately from the messenger, or otherwise you run into different kind of difficulties..

You have definite bias the moment you decide that the source is the first and most important thing about any message, and you may miss a lot of valuable and important information and knowledge. I know it's less convenient this way, and it's more troublesome, it requires more alertness, awareness and mental work, but it pays off in the end. Even a reliable source can give false information, make mistakes or be plain wrong about things, sometimes (of course then he/she/it would lose the 'reliable' status, but it can happen after years of reliability).

Even a denier can some day suddenly realize the truth, and start telling it to people.

So if you have always thought someone is reliable, you might be biased to believe their message, regardless of whether it's the truth or not, whether it has wisdom or not, etc. And in the same vein, if you have always only received ignorance and stupidity from a denier, you might ignore and miss any truth that he/she might reveal after a transformation has taken place.

Source can, and in most cases, should be checked if possible - but it shouldn't be the -only- credential to dismiss or accept any message.

The message always speaks for itself, regardless of what the source is/was/has been. It will be either valuable or worthless, because of the message - not because of the source.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

That site is almost completely hoaxes. If there were any discrepancy then it would have been seen by any of the hundreds of thousands to millions of amateurs that watched the event as well as all of the satellites that gave feeds to the internet.

You are probably right about your point.

However, I just want to ask a small question - how would you know what has been seen by the hundreds of thousands to millions of amateurs? Where do they all report to? Web sites? ..

That's the problem. Even if amateur astronomers see something (or should have seen something), how would WE know about what they saw? We can't know every amateur astronomer individually, and there's no group-hive-mind that they have, which would post something somewhere.. the only way would be to ask them individually, and I don't think that's feasible for most people.

I mean to just show some spotlight to this often-heard argument, that "if there was something strange going on, millions of amateur astronomers would have noticed it".

What if there WAS something strange going on, sometimes, somewhere (I am not talking about this case necessarily), and millions of individual amateur astronomers DID notice it? Then what? Do you think we would immediately be informed by them?

Do you think ATS would be flooded by millions of amateur astronomers? If you were such astronomer, who would you tell? Where would you write about it? How would you report it, and to whom?

The point is, internet is vast and huge, and even a million astronomers would simply disappear in the huge mass of all kinds of information and triviality. Whatever they saw would not be published by the mass media, so the only way we would really know about their findings would be to simply find some websites where they may have written to, or find a post among the thousands and thousands of posts in ATS, which describes something peculiar.

Do you see the problem with this argument? How would we really truly ever know what the amateur astronomers saw? It's not like everyone in ATS is one, and the second something odd happens, everyone rushes to report here.. and even if they did, how could we know if it's the truth or not?

I reckon' what would happen is 'business as usual' - or that's how it would look like from our perspective. Just some more 'ludicrous' posts in ATS, just some more links to some more 'ludicrous' websites.. the same kind of stuff that has been the 'usual business' for who knows how long. There wouldn't be a sudden newsbreak that would somehow find it's way to everyone's consciousness.

The evening news would not report it.. so, basically - how would we know - whether the amateurs saw something or not?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

However, I just want to ask a small question - how would you know what has been seen by the hundreds of thousands to millions of amateurs? Where do they all report to? Web sites? ..

Did you try to view the event? Did you go to a group watching the event? I did.

If there had been a discrepancy then it would have been posted on all of the websites covering amateur astronmy. There are many. Go and look. A friend of mine had his photo of a lunar eclipse pubilshed online.

That's the problem. Even if amateur astronomers see something (or should have seen something), how would WE know about what they saw? We can't know every amateur astronomer individually, and there's no group-hive-mind that they have, which would post something somewhere.. the only way would be to ask them individually, and I don't think that's feasible for most people

This is a form of argument called arguing from ignorance. Take a look at the amateur sites. Here is a link to 1.
www.astronomy.com...

The point is, internet is vast and huge, and even a million astronomers would simply disappear in the huge mass of all kinds of information and triviality. Whatever they saw would not be published by the mass media, so the only way we would really know about their findings would be to simply find some websites where they may have written to, or find a post among the thousands and thousands of posts in ATS, which describes something peculiar

This argument based on not knowing is easily dispelled.
1. New comets are often found by amateurs such as Elenin. That made the news
2. Impacts on Jupiter were reported by an amateur. That made the news

There are 2 cases in which amateurs saw something interesting and it made it into the news.

The evening news would not report it.. so, basically - how would we know - whether the amateurs saw something or not?

As you can see you are mistaken. The news does carry amateur astronomer sightings.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

That's the problem. Even if amateur astronomers see something (or should have seen something), how would WE know about what they saw? We can't know every amateur astronomer individually, and there's no group-hive-mind that they have, which would post something somewhere.. the only way would be to ask them individually, and I don't think that's feasible for most people.

Everything stereologist said, and I would like to add some astronomy forums and discussion groups on top of that where amateurs converse with each from all over the world. I myself participate in some of them and I know many fellow amateurs including some who witnessed the Venus transit. I tried to myself, but the weather did not allow it this time.
www.cloudynights.com...
www.iceinspace.com.au...
stargazerslounge.com...
www.astronomyforum.net...
tech.groups.yahoo.com...
Forums and discussion groups like the ones listed above are participated in by people like Anthony Wesley and Leonid Elenin, the amateurs responsible for the discoveries mentioned by Stereologist. You can ask them if they saw anything unusual in the trajectory of the transit if you wish. I was interacting with a fellow amateur who was able to see it live over the internet thanks to the power of streaming video technology, and indeed there was nothing odd about it. On any given night you can watch a number of amateurs broadcast their views live here:
www.nightskiesnetwork.com...

What if there WAS something strange going on, sometimes, somewhere (I am not talking about this case necessarily), and millions of individual amateur astronomers DID notice it? Then what? Do you think we would immediately be informed by them?

Do you think ATS would be flooded by millions of amateur astronomers? If you were such astronomer, who would you tell? Where would you write about it? How would you report it, and to whom?

Yes you would immediately hear about it. Just about every site I mentioned would be flooded with messages about it, whatever it is, and the word would quickly get out. Even if there were some all-encompassing grand conspiracy to keep every single media outlet silent, which I absolutely disbelieve, word would get around. We're real people, not just screen names on the internet, and we talk. If I found something "unusual" myself I would immediately report it to my favorite astronomy forum, ask others to point at the appropriate coordinates and confirm, hop on night skies network and see if anyone else is available to immediately confirm as well, then if confirmed I would report it to the IAU if appropriate, to the media, and to sites like this in the space exploration section. I have about 5 different cameras that I use for astronomy as well, so I'd be sure to get plenty of pictures and/or video as well.
edit on 19-6-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Everything stereologist and ngchunter said, AND:

Twitter.

It would explode with tweets from people, be they amateur astronomers, friends of amateur astronomers, girl friends, boy friends, wives, husbands, brother, sister, father, mother, uncle, etc, etc, etc.

This in turn would help it explode on Facebook and other social networks.

Then the media, in it's various forms would pick it up. Depending on WHO they are will depend on if it makes it out from them. Some news media do not get confirmation of things and just blast whatever they picked up on
Twitter, Facebook, etc. Other outlets that are the MSM ones tend to try and get confirmation of things like this that they see on these networks.

And they DO watch those networks.

Don't believe me? I'll refer you to the recent episode with the USS Enterprise in which someone had tweeted that they had been attacked and people on board the carrier had died:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This rumor exploded all over the internet, and that's all it was: a rumor.

Now imagine instead of just a few people involved in a rumor, instead you literally have millions amateur astronomers instead.

It would explode all over the internet. None of them would need to come here to post something.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I made a video showing what should have been seen from SDO's orbit... and how it matches exactly what was seen. I started tracking SDO with my telescope a month before the transit in case anything like this came up so that I could calculate the orbit myself and independently determine what the view should have been from SDO. And sure enough, it's a perfect match:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
I made a video showing what should have been seen from SDO's orbit... and how it matches exactly what was seen. I started tracking SDO with my telescope a month before the transit in case anything like this came up so that I could calculate the orbit myself and independently determine what the view should have been from SDO. And sure enough, it's a perfect match:

www.youtube.com...

One more for the pile:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Its ok to prove him wrong and get a few smart remarks in but don’t bring his family into it, because then you become the sad little man.

back on topic IMO the 'wrong transit of Venus' is well...... wrong, it passed like it should have based on the photos taken and as mentioned there are thousands of astronomers professional and novice that would have noticed if it had changed.
Well done guys good evidence

edit on 4-7-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
reply to post by ColAngus

Its ok to prove him wrong and get a few smart remarks in but don’t bring his family into it, because then you become the sad little man.

I guess my concern for his family's well being is lost on you?

There is no Nibiru. Spending day and night worrying, causing others to worry unnecessarily...my statement stands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join