It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of dead sardines washing up in Japan since June 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but this could be a very ominous sign and bears close watch for sure given the circumstances...

en.rocketnews24.com...

Something terribly fishy is going on at the fishing port of Ohara (pronounced Oh-hara) in Isumi City of Chiba Prefecture, and it has nothing to do with espionage or political corruption. There are tons and tons of dead sardines washing up on the shore, and not only is the sight disturbing, but the huge amount of dead fish is literally smelling up the entire surrounding area.

According to the news, the dead fish started washing up around noon of June 3rd, and as of early afternoon on June 4th, the situation still remained pretty much out of control. The amount of dead sardines that has washed up is thought to total several dozen metrics tons, so you can imagine how bad the smell of rotting fish must be.

We’ve seen the pictures uploaded onto Twitter, and the port looks completely filled with fish – it almost looks like a carpet of sardines. It doesn’t seem likely that any fishing boats will be setting sail from this port soon. There are also, of course, the usual posts and comments on the internet on how this could be an omen, a sign of a coming great natural disaster.....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Radiation poisoning anyone? Very weird how they are all ending up in one area though.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Damn, why is my cannery all stacked away?

But seriously, there's other reasons for them to die like this (though I guess we'll doubt those). Someone could have used Dynamite on a school or three.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
Radiation poisoning anyone? Very weird how they are all ending up in one area though.

I don't think it's radiation, I think it may mean another massive EQ is coming soon especially since the Sardines are concentrated in one area.

Seems like seismic activity is picking up closer to Tokyo including a very shallow 6.0 quake there today, hope it wasn't a foreshock.

Also important to note - millions of dead sardines washed up in southern california 2 days before the 9.0 megaquake in Japan last year. Now it's happening on the other side of the Pacific.....
edit on 6-6-2012 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

Yeah it could be something else, it kinda reminds me of all the mass die offs from a year or two ago with the birds and fish dropping dead randomly. Hopefully its just an isolated case this time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
if it is down to radiation doses, i don't believe for a second we could rely on the japanese government or it's agencies to be honest about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
At this juncture i agree, the goverment wont be telling us much about this if its a radiation poisoning event......
Tons of sardines is one helluva warning........the s is about to hit the fan methinks....califonia here it comes.......

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath

Originally posted by BigBruddah

I don't think it's radiation, I think it may mean another massive EQ is coming soon especially since the Sardines are concentrated in one area.

Seems like seismic activity is picking up closer to Tokyo including a very shallow 6.0 quake there today, hope it wasn't a foreshock.

Also important to note - millions of dead sardines washed up in southern california 2 days before the 9.0 megaquake in Japan last year. Now it's happening on the other side of the Pacific.....
edit on 6-6-2012 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

I'd like to see a comparison of the numbers of fish that washed up dead in California compared to the numbers of sardines that are washing up in Japan. If this is the case that a big earthquake might be coming, perhaps the people on the west coast of the USA might want to start camping outside and inland VS staying inside and near the coast the next couple of days?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Not even close. There were nowhere near as many dead sardines in California as there are in Japan.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Not even close. There were nowhere near as many dead sardines in California as there are in Japan.

IF the Sardines that washed up in California were of smaller numbers and that it WAS related to the 9.0 MegaQuake, could this mean that the 9.0 was a walk in the park in comparisson to what is coming....
(Movie 2012 anyone?!?!).

If this is related to an upcoming Quake.....GOD help all in Western US/CA

Teye22

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
We are at war.

How do you defeat 1.3 Billion screaming Chinese?

Starve them. It would be a military battlefield tactic to kill everything in the Pacific Ocean to starve China before the bullets fly.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

If it is we will know. The fish should be tested to see if thats what killed them.
We get fish kill offs often and they have nothing to do with radiation but some other toxin or invasive plant that changes the environment to the detriment of some fish.
Still I dont see this as a harbinger of anything ominous. It happens.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

www.newser.com...

Story dated Mar 10 2011, the day before.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I dont know, the California story said 30 tons. The Japan story says tons but not how many.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The pacific feeds more than just the Chinese you know. Like US. By that I mean us, you and me and US the United States.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Oh dear, this is worrying.

I found a story positing a link between the Cali fish deaths and Japans earthquake

LINK

I feel just awful for all those affected by this. It seems like so much of the sea life is dying these past few years.

How long before no sea life is left? I shudder to think.

Love and best wishes to all.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Earthquake? Maybe... Radiation? Considering the country they washed up on, good possibilty.

Having said that, this is probably just another instance of the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about or do anything about... That being the Pacific Garbage patch.

top topics

join